Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the interest in Bitcoin?

What happened to the interest in Bitcoin?

Over the last 6 months or so Bitcoin has been amazingly stable, especially considering Bitcoin's history and the recent gyrations in all the other markets. Then yesterday Bitcoin crashed by 15% and not one person in this forum posted about it in the Bitcoin section.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still over $5000! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

There is a BCH hard fork this week.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The average person has lost interest. They were curious a while and may have bought some while it was on its way towards $20,000 but now could care less. No new people coming in to buy it and drive the price up- just the hardcore crowd left- buying and selling to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The average person has lost interest. They were curious a while and may have bought some while it was on its way towards $20,000 but now could care less. No new people coming in to buy it and drive the price up- just the hardcore crowd left- buying and selling to each other.
    Wrong.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wrong.
    What is wrong? Volume is way down. Are new people buying bitcoin? I know you are one of the believers.

I'm long on the blockchain, even if it isn't in the form of bitcoin. You're not? Your loss. We haven't even begun to grasp just what "disruptive technology" really means. We will soon enough.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

In B4 paid trolls from the Open Society Foundations with their usual contrary and negative postings.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is wrong? Volume is way down. Are new people buying bitcoin? I know you are one of the believers.

Well, I stand corrected.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

BTC has been extremely stable for months. It suddenly went down 15% the other day and the OP asked why.

Your answer is a total horse $#@! explanation for why it dropped 15% in one day. Your answer would be more related to a longterm trend than a one day movement.

The reason is likely related to the BCH fork, which is happening this week.

BTW, all you used to do was complain about how volatile it was. I don't know if you remember that, maybe it was somebody else posting.. But you suddenly went all radio silent on BTC the last few months when it was more stable than any other asset class. We all noticed.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-15-2018 at 12:57 PM.

I didn't post much on bitcoin prices while they weren't changing because, well, they weren't changing. Nothing to say. I noticed you were quite silent while the price was dropping.

I didn't post much on bitcoin prices while they weren't changing because, well, they weren't changing. Nothing to say. I noticed you were quite silent while the price was dropping.
    Liar.. but it probably isn't your fault, you may not be the person who used to post here during that time. When it was dropping, I was blasting people like you who were saying how horrible it was that BTC was going down, not taking into consideration how far up it had gone. It's not a disaster for BTC to drop from 19k to 6k when it had just came up from $250-500 range.

Liar.. but it probably isn't your fault, you may not be the person who used to post here during that time.

But Zip still lies about himself on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Over the last 6 months or so Bitcoin has been amazingly stable, especially considering Bitcoin's history and the recent gyrations in all the other markets. Then yesterday Bitcoin crashed by 15% and not one person in this forum posted about it in the Bitcoin section.
    Interest in bitcoin was speculative and not for use as a currency. Now that it's stable, it's less attractive to speculators.

(Also, it's become more and more difficult for a 'normal' person with conventional computer(s) to mine profitably.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Interest in bitcoin was speculative and not for use as a currency. Now that it's stable, it's less attractive to speculators.

(Also, it's become more and more difficult for a 'normal' person with conventional computer(s) to mine profitably.)
    Another horse $#@! answer that doesn't explain why a 15% drop occurred in a single day after several months of stability..

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    In B4 paid trolls from the Open Society Foundations with their usual contrary and negative postings.
    Yep,,, HODL for the win,,, $#@! globalist manipulations

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another horse $#@! answer that doesn't explain why a 15% drop occurred in a single day after several months of stability..
    Speaking of horse $#@!...

The question was:

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    What happened to the interest in Bitcoin
    My answer was:

I answered the question. You're the one who is off topic. And butt hurt, apparently.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I'm long on the blockchain, even if it isn't in the form of bitcoin. You're not? Your loss. We haven't even begun to grasp just what "disruptive technology" really means. We will soon enough.
    What sort of blockchain tech are you invested in?

The trolling between Faketoshi and Bitcoin Jesus has been intense. Bitcoin Cash is going to fork and those 2 are trying to get the BCH followers to their cause. However the name of Bitcoin Cash is confusing enough to average Bitcoin users that it's causing a drop in price. Everyone has been talking about this.

There are a lot of interesting projects being worked on with Bitcoin and other crypto. However I think the main price of Bitcoin isn't going to really surge until one of the EFT s is finally allowed. Until then it will be more of a steady as she goes price of Bitcoin.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

It's ALL CRASHING
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Was the fork a surprise? If not, it should have already been priced in by those expecting it to happen. That occurs all the time when stocks split or do adjustments for dividends.

Was the fork a surprise? If not, it should have already been priced in by those expecting it to happen. That occurs all the time when stocks split or do adjustments for dividends.
    Wrong answer again.. Unthoughtful and clearly shows you have no understanding of crypto or what I'm talking about.

You get FREE BITCOIN CASH FORKED coins if you sell your BITCOIN and buy BITCOIN CASH with them any time before the fork happens.

If you have your crypto in bitcoin, because you aren't a huge fan of bitcoin cash, why would you sell your bitcoin at the moment the fork was announced??

No, you would wait until just before the fork, then sell your bitcoin for bitcoin cash, wait till the fork was over, then sell the bitcoin cash and get your bitcoin back.. and suddenly you have a bunch of extra bitcoin cash forked coins that you wouldn't have had otherwise.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-15-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Not quite sure how the bitcoin fork works but for stocks, when a split occurs, the number of shares is doubled but then the value of each share is halved so the value of your holdings does not change with the split- only the number of shares you hold.

Speaking of horse $#@!...

The question was:

My answer was:

I answered the question. You're the one who is off topic. And butt hurt, apparently.

No, you're answer is horse $#@! because loss of interest over time would explain a decline over time, not a 15% drop in one day.

Your answer was unthoughtful, incorrect, a canned establishment response, and complete horse $#@!.

The reason for the price drop was mostly related to the bitcoin cash fork.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not quite sure how the bitcoin fork works but for stocks, when a split occurs, the number of shares is doubled but then the value of each share is halved so the value of your holdings does not change with the split- only the number of shares you hold.
    Ya, I know you don't, you know almost nothing about crypto yet you come in with your opinions all the time which are complete garbage.

A fork is not like a stock split in that the value of the forked coin and the original coin will almost definitely be different, as determined by the market. When a stock split occurs, all the split shares have equal value afterward.

Engaging in the transaction I detailed earlier does not make you any money in the short term necessarily, as it all depends on the value the market gives the new forked currency and what value the original currency has.

If you think the new forked currency is going to be successful and you think the original currency is going to hold it's value well, then rather than purchasing the forked currency directly after the fork occurs and the market price is set with bitcoin, you can use your bitcoin to get them for "free" by buying some bitcoin cash before the fork. Then once the fork occurs, you take the non-forked currency and buy back your bitcoin, hoping that the value held up relatively well. Then you will have the new forked currency as well as your initial bitcoin minus whatever costs were incurred from the changes in value during which you made the transactions.

But the point is, a lot of people who like bitcoin are going to sell some bitcoin right before the fork to buy bitcoin cash so they can get some of the new forked currency, then buy back their bitcoin later. There is no reason to do this right when the announcement occurs.. although it may have been beneficial to do it right before the 15% drop occurred, but that 15% drop likely was in part due to the stampede of last minute people wanting to get it on the bitcoin cash fork.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-16-2018 at 02:38 PM.

People are starting to grasp what a system that requires exponentially more resources to do the same job actually implies.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    People are starting to grasp what a system that requires exponentially more resources to do the same job actually implies.
    Actually it requires less.

Ya, mining requires energy.. but so does building bank buildings, paying bank employees, money transaction services, etc.. all that requires more than crypto mining ever will.

I am long and holding out for 1 million until then I buy ammo , land , gold , silver , copper , weapons , tools etc
    Do something Danke

Actually it requires less.

Ya, mining requires energy.. but so does building bank buildings, paying bank employees, money transaction services, etc.. all that requires more than crypto mining ever will.
    Bitcoin used 4 times as much energy as the whole of Google last year, like 0.5% of the worlds total.

How much energy would bitcoin use if as many people used it as used Google? (a factor of 1000x)

How much energy would it take for bitcoin to handle as many transactions as Paypal? (70x)

Banks that switched currency to a crypto-currency have to do all the crypto-energy costs on top of their regular costs.
    Last edited by idiom; 11-16-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Bitcoin used 4 times as much energy as the whole of Google last year, like 0.5% of the worlds total.

How much energy would bitcoin use if as many people used it as used Google? (a factor of 1000x)

How much energy would it take for bitcoin to handle as many transactions as Paypal? (70x)

Banks that switched currency to a crypto-currency have to do all the crypto-energy costs on top of their regular costs.
    Fake news... there were some articles out last year that reported on someone who calculated the amount of electricity used and it was completely and totally wrong, it was off by like hundreds of x's (times)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast