Thread: Nigel Farage on latest Brexit: “Not just the Worst Deal in History but a complete BETRAYAL..."

Nigel Farage on latest Brexit: “Not just the Worst Deal in History but a complete BETRAYAL..."

Nigel Farage on latest Brexit: “Not just the Worst Deal in History but a complete BETRAYAL...."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Must watch for anyone who wants to see a presentation of the sheer incompetence of the Brexit leaders. I knew when they all resigned after their victory that something was up.

Britain is experiencing exactly the problems which everyone sans nationalist cataracts predicted. The ultimate result, ironically enough, may well be the dissolution of the United Kingdom - N. Ireland and Scotland (and maybe even Wales) being disinclined to follow England into the rubbish heap - with all of the above finally petitioning for reentry to the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Britain is experiencing exactly the problems which everyone sans nationalist cataracts predicted. The ultimate result, ironically enough, may well be the dissolution of the United Kingdom - N. Ireland and Scotland (and maybe even Wales) being disinclined to follow England into the rubbish heap - with all of the above finally petitioning for reentry to the EU.
    Nonsense, the closet remainers are trying to make the lies come true to bully the people of the UK into voting to stay, May has botched Brexit on purpose.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Noting that Nigel has only complained and not offered any suggestions as to what he thinks they should actually do. He didn't want to mess with having to do the hard work of figuring out the details so he quit as soon as it was passed. He did not want any blame for the problems he knew would be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He didn't want to mess with having to do the hard work of figuring out the details so he quit as soon as it was passed. He did not want any blame for the problems he knew would be coming.
    This is ignorant nonsense. Nigel has never been in a position where he had any say in how Brexit would be implemented. The head of UKIP has as much control ove UK foreign policy as the head of the Libertarian Party control over ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Northern Ireland and Scotland deserve everything coming to them if they gain their independence only to stupidly give it up again to the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    This is ignorant nonsense. Nigel has never been in a position where he had any say in how Brexit would be implemented. The head of UKIP has as much control ove UK foreign policy as the head of the Libertarian Party control over ours.
    Rubbish. Imagine this scenario. Ron Paul has been pushing End the fed bill for 20 years and when he funally got the bill passed, he then leaves congress for no good reason leaving the execution of his priced achievement to pro fed people.

If he did, he should be criticized for negligence. The easiest part for these kinds of bill is actually the passing of the bill to end x or leave y. The actually dismantling would be where you need the experts/visionaries involvement. I knew Nigel Farage was a con man the second I learned that he endorsed Trump. He left brexit to the remainers and came to the US to campaign for Trump.

Dead giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Rubbish. Imagine this scenario. Ron Paul has been pushing End the fed bill for 20 years and when he funally got the bill passed, he then leaves congress for no good reason leaving the execution of his priced achievement to pro fed people.

If he did, he should be criticized for negligence. The easiest part for these kinds of bill is actually the passing of the bill to end x or leave y. The actually dismantling would be where you need the experts/visionaries involvement. I knew Nigel Farage was a con man the second I learned that he endorsed Trump. He left brexit to the remainers and came to the US to campaign for Trump.

Dead giveaway.
    Nope. Nigel is still in the EU Parliament and was head of UKIP. Neither position had any say in how Brexit was implemented. He gives his opinions on talk shows the same as if he had kept his other position, he has no influence with the government.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

excellent thread. excellent points/counter-points...
    why I love to 'assemble' here at RPF.

modern western civilization is weak in the gonads.

Rees-Mogg Q&A Presser after serving letter of no confidence worth watching

Nope. Nigel is still in the EU Parliament and was head of UKIP. Neither position had any say in how Brexit was implemented. He gives his opinions on talk shows the same as if he had kept his other position, he has no influence with the government.
    I am sorry my mistake. Ofc he resigned as UKIP leader and kept the better paying gig with lucrative state pensions over at the EU. The actually position that could in some way affect the way brexit is implemented was the job he quit.

Regardless of what power he had in UKIP to influence the progress, why quit that early? Sorry but u haven't convinced me that guy is not a conman.

Must watch for anyone who wants to see a presentation of the sheer incompetence of the Brexit leaders. I knew when they all resigned after their victory that something was up.
    Dear God... You're linking to a thunderf00t video. You are the single dumbest human being on this website. By a $#@!ing mile. Take a bow. And never breed.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

I am sorry my mistake. Ofc he resigned as UKIP leader and kept the better paying gig with lucrative state pensions over at the EU. The actually position that could in some way affect the way brexit is implemented was the job he quit.

Regardless of what power he had in UKIP to influence the progress, why quit that early? Sorry but u haven't convinced me that guy is not a conman.
    You have no conception of how UK politics works, big $#@!ing surprise. The head of UKIP has no ability to negotiate Brexit, idiot. He had no elected position within the UK government, let alone one that would have any influence on Brexit.

You don't have the mental capacity to tell a conman from an honest person, a good argument from a bad one, or your face from a pile of $#@!.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Northern Ireland and Scotland deserve everything coming to them if they gain their independence only to stupidly give it up again to the EU.
    Independence is good, ..except if it runs contrary to my desires...

Independence is good, ..except if it runs contrary to my desires...
    He didn't say they couldn't act as they chose, he said they would deserve what they got.
    There is nothing unlibertarian or anti-independence about that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Dear God... You're linking to a thunderf00t video. You are the single dumbest human being on this website. By a $#@!ing mile. Take a bow. And never breed.
    It's very rare that I get really offended by anything anyone gets to say about me. Sticks and stones and all but this one post really hurt. I thought long and hard what I should do with this venom of a post, whether I should even try to reply at all cos from the attitude you displayed in this post, I doubt that I would be able to convince you on anything.

But here I am trying to have a civil dialogue with an angry man.

Yea, it sounds crazy that thunderf00t could make a good point on a political topic seeing as he is very liberal, but he actually did in this instance. I don't agree with everything he said but the core of his argument about the leaders and proponents of the brexit is something I happen to agree with. I somewhat sympathize with you cos I would be saying about the same thing had someone posted an Alex Jones video. The difference I think between the two is that Thunderf00t aka Phil Mason is a person I disagree with but I think he is not being deceptive in his presentation and Alex Jones, a person I should agree with but who I think is dishonest and deceptive as f*ck.

Watch the video and tell me what you disagree with then we can continue this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    You have no conception of how UK politics works, big $#@!ing surprise. The head of UKIP has no ability to negotiate Brexit, idiot. He had no elected position within the UK government, let alone one that would have any influence on Brexit.

You don't have the mental capacity to tell a conman from an honest person, a good argument from a bad one, or your face from a pile of $#@!.
    Hey moron, if you do cannot understand how the leader of a political party can influence policy in a parliamentary system, then I suggest that you also not breed. Even better for humanity, you need to stop all posting and kill yourself now.

The sad part is that you are not as stupid as your posting suggest, you are one of the smarter Trump people on this site but your confirmation bias is preventing you from realizing your true potential.

reported Paleo.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 11-18-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Below is a list of the top 40 Theresa May draft deal "horrors"...

1. May says her deal means the UK leaves the EU next March. The Withdrawal Agreement makes a mockery of this. “All references to Member States and competent authorities of Member States…shall be read as including the United Kingdom.” (Art 6).
    2. Not quite what most people understand by Brexit. It goes on to spell out that the UK will be in the EU but without any MEPs, a commissioner or ECJ judges. We are effectively a Member State, but we are excused – or, more accurately, excluded – from attending summits. (Article 7)
    3. The European Court of Justice is decreed to be our highest court, governing the entire Agreement – Art. 4. stipulates that both citizens and resident companies can use it. Art 4.2 orders our courts to recognise this. “If the European Commission considers that the United Kingdom has failed to fulfil an obligation under the Treaties or under Part Four of this Agreement before the end of the transition period, the European Commission may, within 4 years after the end of the transition period, bring the matter before the Court of Justice of the European Union”. (Art. 87)
    4. The jurisdiction of the ECJ will last until eight years after the end of the transition period. (Article 158).
    5. The UK will still be bound by any future changes to EU law in which it will have no say, not to mention having to comply with current law. (Article 6(2))
    6. Any disputes under the Agreement will be decided by EU law only – one of the most dangerous provisions. (Article 168).
    7. This cuts the UK off from International Law, something we’d never do with any foreign body. Arbitration will be governed by the existing procedural rules of the EU law – this is not arbitration as we would commonly understand it (i.e. between two independent parties). (Article 174)
    8. “UNDERLINING that this Agreement is founded on an overall balance of benefits, rights and obligations for the Union and the United Kingdom” No, it should be based upon the binding legal obligations upon the EU contained within Article 50. It is wrong to suggest otherwise.
    9. The tampon tax clause: We obey EU laws on VAT, with no chance of losing the tampon tax even if we agree a better deal in December 2020 because we hereby agree to obey other EU VAT rules for **five years** after the transition period. Current EU rules prohibit 0-rated VAT on products (like tampons) that did not have such exemptions before the country joined the EU.
    10. Several problems with the EU’s definitions: “Union law” is too widely defined and “United Kingdom national” is defined by the Lisbon Treaty: we should given away our right to define our citizens. The “goods” and the term “services” we are promised the deal are not defined – or, rather, will be defined however the EU wishes them to be. Thus far, this a non-defined term so far. This agreement fails to define it.
    11. The Mandelson Pension Clause: The UK must promise never to tax former EU officials based here – such as Peter Mandelson or Neil Kinnock – on their E.U. pensions, or tax any current Brussels bureaucrats on their salaries. The EU and its employees are to be immune to our tax laws. (Article 104)
    12. Furthermore, the UK agrees not to prosecute EU employees who are, or who might be deemed in future, criminals (Art.101)
    13. The GDPR clause. The General Data Protection Regulation – the EU’s stupidest law ever? – is to be bound into UK law (Articles 71 to 73). There had been an expectation in some quarters that the UK could get out of it.
    14. The UK establishes a ‘Joint Committee’ with EU representatives to guarantee ‘the implementation and application of this Agreement’. This does not sound like a withdrawal agreement – if it was, why would it need to be subject to continued monitoring? (Article 164).
    15. This Joint Committee will have subcommittees with jurisdiction over: (a) citizens’ rights; (b) “other separation provisions”; (c) Ireland/Northern Ireland; (d) Sovereign Base Areas in Cyprus; (e) Gibraltar; and (f) financial provisions. (Article 165)
    16. The Lifetime clause: the agreement will last as long as the country’s youngest baby lives. “the persons covered by this Part shall enjoy the rights provided for in the relevant Titles of this Part for their lifetime”. (Article 39).
    17. The UK is shut out of all EU networks and databases for security – yet no such provision exists to shut the EU out of ours. (Article 8)
    18. The UK will tied to EU foreign policy, “bound by the obligations stemming from the international agreements concluded by the Union” but unable to influence such decisions. (Article 124)
    19. All EU citizens must be given permanent right of residence after five years – but what counts as residence? This will be decided by the EU, rather than UK rules. (Articles 15-16)
    20. Britain is granted the power to send a civil servant to Brussels to watch them pass stupid laws which will hurt our economy. (Article 34)
    21. The UK agrees to spend taxpayers’ money telling everyone how wonderful the agreement is. (Article 37)
    22. Art 40 defines Goods. It seems to includes Services and Agriculture. We may come to discover that actually ‘goods’ means everything.
    23. Articles 40-49 practically mandate the UK’s ongoing membership of the Customs Union in all but name.
    24. The UK will be charged to receive the data/information we need in order to comply with EU law. (Article 50). The EU will continue to set rules for UK intellectual property law (Article 54 to 61). The UK will effectively be bound by a non-disclosure agreement swearing us to secrecy regarding any EU developments we have paid to be part. This is not mutual. The EU is not bound by such measures. (Article 74)
    25. The UK is bound by EU rules on procurement rules – which effectively forbids us from seeking better deals elsewhere. (Articles 75 to 78)
    26. We give up all rights to any data the EU made with our money (Art. 103)
    27. The EU decide capital projects (too broadly defined) the UK is liable for. (Art. 144)
    28. The UK is bound by EU state aid laws until future agreement – even in the event of an agreement, this must wait four years to be valid. (Article 93)
    29. Similar advantages and immunities are extended to all former MEPs and to former EU official more generally. (Articles 106-116)
    30. The UK is forbidden from revealing anything the EU told us or tells us about the finer points of deal and its operation. (Article 105).
    31. Any powers the UK parliament might have had to mitigate EU law are officially removed. (Article 128)
    32. The UK shall be liable for any “outstanding commitments” after 2022 (Article 142(2) expressly mentions pensions, which gives us an idea as to who probably negotiated this). The amount owed will be calculated by the EU. (Articles 140-142)
    33. The UK will be liable for future EU lending. As anyone familiar with the EU’s financials knows, this is not good. (Article143)
    34. The UK will remain liable for capital projects approved by the European Investment Bank. (Article 150).
    35. The UK will remain a ‘party’ (i.e. cough up money) for the European Development Fund. (Articles 152-154)
    36. And the EU continues to calculate how much money the UK should pay it. So thank goodness Brussels does not have any accountancy issues.
    37. The UK will remain bound (i.e coughing up money) to the European Union Emergency Trust Fund – which deals with irregular migration (i.e. refugees) and displaced persons heading to Europe. (Article 155)
    38. The agreement will be policed by ‘the Authority’ – a new UK-based body with ‘powers equivalent to those of the European Commission’. (Article 159)
    39. The EU admits, in Art. 184, that it is in breach of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty which oblige it to “conclude an agreement” of the terms of UK leaving the EU. We must now, it seems, “negotiate expeditiously the agreements governing their future relationship.” And if the EU does not? We settle down to this Agreement.
    40. And, of course, the UK will agree to pay £40bn to receive all of these ‘privileges’. (Article 138)
    https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/1...s-brexit-deal/

What I can’t see in this interesting story, is how it will ensure that Britain won’t have to comply with the new EU rules against tax evasion and money laundering (Art. 6.2?): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6699716
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Hey moron, if you do cannot understand how the leader of a political party can influence policy in a parliamentary system, then I suggest that you also not breed.
    I'll bite, how can the leader of a party with 0 seats in the House of Commons influence policy in parliament? Please enlighten us.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Theresa May’s deal with the DUP was officially ripped up last night as her £1bn ‘confidence and supply’ deal with Northern Irish MPs came crashing down.
    They accused the Prime Minister of breaking a fundamental promise on Brexit. The party joined with Labour to cut the Government’s majority to just five in a Commons vote on the Budget.
    They also abstained on a series of other amendments to the Finance Bill on Monday night in a move intended to send a “political message” to Prime Minister.
    Their actions have now revealed that the “confidence and supply” arrangement with DUP MPs that props up the minority Conservative Government is worthless.
    Read more

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll bite, how can the leader of a party with 0 seats in the House of Commons influence policy in parliament? Please enlighten us.
    Well, they did not have 0 seats in the house of common when he resigned. They had 1 shaky MP but apart from the 1 MP in the house of commons, they were the No. 3 vote getting party in the Kingdom. They were ascending during his reign and so they can hurt or help the conservatives by deciding to run or abstain running in a contested election.

Also, listen to the 27:45 to 28:20 of the thunderf00t video I posted above and hear what Nigel Farage said about his ability as a party leader. Hopefully that helps.

N.F was in a gleeful mood when the referendum vote happened...

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Nonsense, the closet remainers are trying to make the lies come true to bully the people of the UK into voting to stay, May has botched Brexit on purpose.
    yep exactly... kinda like how andy gauss describes us getting rid of the fed... theyre the ones driving the bus at 90mph off the cliff and they just get up and let you hold the steering wheel.. here you go...

Believing that her deal stood any chance of passing would border on delusional, so any practical tactician - and by all accounts, May is nothing but practical - would, accepting this, pivot toward the next-best thing: doing "everything in their power" to strengthen the UK's negotiating position to win more favorable terms. And it appears May has done just that.

Because, according to Bloomberg, just days after her Brexit plan was "finalized" during a meeting of EU states over the weekend, the prime minister is reportedly ready to public acknowledge a longstanding reality: That, ultimately, Parliament must be allowed to write their own deal if anything is expected to pass. And to that end, May has reportedly dropped her resistance to parliamentary rewrites, and is instead moving toward holding a "meaningful vote", which would allow Parliament to propose amendments to her deal before voting on which amendments to accept, and which to deny, before approving the revised agreement.

But just as May must maintain the perception that she is doing everything she can to pass the deal in its current form, the EU can't be seen giving the UK a pass. So shortly after Bloomberg published its report, the Guardian, a British newspaper, followed up with what sounded like a warning: If the Commons doesn't accept the deal in its current form, the EU will start preparing for a "no deal" Brexit scenario. EU leaders quoted in the story insisted that negotiations have been closed, and that the notion the deal could be changed or reopened is "completely unrealistic."
    Brussels will also plough on with the ratification process of the withdrawal agreement in the European parliament to ensure the bloc is prepared for whatever British politics throws up in the coming months.
    "Everyone needs to take their own responsibility," an EU source said, in an echo of comments recently made by the EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier.
    The EU is rallying around Jean-Claude Juncker’s insistence that the deal on the table is the "only one possible" given the UK’s decision to leave the single market and customs union.
    The idea that the bloc would revise the withdrawal agreement, including the contentious backstop solution for avoiding a hard border on the island of Ireland, is described as "completely unrealistic."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ge-brexit-deal

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    Listen to the piggies squeal, as they start to realize their bacon is cooked. Not just here, but all over the world.
    Nationalist strongmen are rising everywhere, and the publics are in rage, some deep seated and quiet, while other in full blown fireballs.
    Some focused on one side, others focused on the other, but raging nonetheless.
    Globalist dreams come crashing down soon.

In 20 more years, they could have had a generation pledging their lives in the new European Army, and now it is all crashing around them.

You can't stop wars. You can't stop nations, because you can not stop revolutions and rebellions.
    Back to the dream of a single empire ruling the world. Same old dream. Always assurance in their point of view and culture.
    They never really get there, and the few times in history when they do, they tear themselves apart, in bourgeois revolutions, civil wars, and uprisings.

And the biggest cause of war is trying to stop war. So stop it.