Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PayPal Bans YouTube Competitor Bitchute Without Explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Well you can believe what you want but I never had one and I encourage everyone to cancel theirs.
    your time would be better spent convincing people to cancel or stop using paypal than asking for your own enemy to regulate them, just saying...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    your time would be better spent convincing people to cancel or stop using paypal than asking for your own enemy to regulate them, just saying...
    Where have I done that?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it is important to get this information out not so that we can advocate for state intervention, but so people have a discussion about their motives for censoring conservative speech. What kind of funding or motivation are they receiving for engaging in this behavior?

The problem is that if a few people like us are the only ones to leave paypal, then it is irrelevant. If the discussion is at least had, and a broad consensus can be formed that there is a problem then it would make way for some consumer choice actions that could actually carry some consequence.

I mean, if you have a website and you can pay by credit card or some random payment system virtually nobody belongs to.. and your competitor has paypal which virtually everybody has, then how does quitting paypal benefit you if you lose significant business or go out of business? By having the discussions about this unfair treatment and encouraging it on a broader platform, you can frame it in a way that shows people how the establishment maligning conservatives can help bring people together to encourage payment systems that treat people and their beliefs more equally.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It's also important to remember there are two goals which can be reached here..

1) Convince paypal to treat their customers fairly

2) Convince people to leave paypal for a more fair payment service

It doesn't HAVE to be #2

The thing is, Rev 3 is clearly advocating for NEITHER of these goals because Rev 3 doesn't like bitchute, gab, Alex Jones, etc...
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's also important to remember there are two goals which can be reached here..

1) Convince paypal to treat their customers fairly

2) Convince people to leave paypal for a more fair payment service

It doesn't HAVE to be #2

The thing is, Rev 3 is clearly advocating for NEITHER of these goals because Rev 3 doesn't like bitchute, gab, Alex Jones, etc...
    The only place for government action here is if the aggrieved parties sue for breach of contract/false advertising.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    In other words, you have no evidence that PayPal breached its contract; you're just speculating (hoping).

Since I just posted selections from PayPal's TOS a few days ago in re another "OMG Tyranny!!!" thread, I'm not inclined to do it again.

Speaking of that thread:

And thoughts (apologies, admissions...) on your mind?
    No apologies, I stated "for now." Because that is all we have, at the moment, to begin to fight these monopolies that governments have protected in the past.

As it stands now, for years, government has only helped these monopolies with corporate welfare and strong-arming the smaller business bogging them down with regulations. Hopefully this can wake up people, once and for all. that free markets, without government interference, is what is needed.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    The free market doesn't guarantee businesses that you like will succeed, it only guarantees profitable businesses will succeed.
    Sure sounds great. Wish we had a free market.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

PayPal is the devil and yes, everyone please cancel yours, I have.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    No apologies, I stated "for now." Because that is all we have, at the moment, to begin to fight these monopolies that governments have protected in the past.

As it stands now, for years, government has only helped these monopolies with corporate welfare and strong-arming the smaller business bogging them down with regulations. Hopefully this can wake up people, once and for all. that free markets, without government interference, is what is needed.
    You want the state to punish PayPal for shutting down your friends.

If Paypal gets away with arbitrarily cancelling a person's account, then what will stop any other payment services from doing the exact same thing?

Do you use a bank?
    Last edited by donnay; 11-17-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You switched this around, R3v.

THEY seek to PUNISH those that would stand against the perverse.

By cutting off the ability to buy and sell- THEY are shutting THEIR ENEMIES down. Enemies that look an awful lot like you and me.
    Last edited by Wooden Indian; 11-17-2018 at 09:52 AM.

If Paypal gets away with arbitrarily cancelling a person's account, then what will stop any other payment services from doing the exact same thing?
    Nothing.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Nothing.
    Well get used to having nothing, because if Paypal gets away with this, others will follow suit and you will have no legal recourse to buy or sell.

Christians need to pay close attention to these signs.
    Last edited by donnay; 11-17-2018 at 10:39 AM.

This bears repeating (and repeating and repeating):

/thread
    What free market?

5:50

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...l-on-CNN-11-15

Well get used to having nothing, because if Paypal gets away with this, others will follow suit and you will have no legal recourse to buy or sell.
    Is your belief that the government should force businesses to provide services to people that you like restricted to just the banking sector, or does it apply to all things?

If I were to search through your post history to find your opinions on forcing bakers to make gay wedding cakes, what would I find?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Yes.

OR the state can abolish all banking controls and regulations thus allowing myriad competitors into the market to fill the gap.

One or the other...decide.

Christians need to pay close attention to these signs.
    TheVampire will not have nothing, he is on their side.

The wages of sin can be quite lucrative in this life.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TheVampire will not have nothing, he is on their side.

The wages of sin can be quite lucrative in this life.
    Ah... but our time here is but of a blink of an eye, that's what they don't seem to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    You switched this around, R3v.

THEY seek to PUNISH those that would stand against the perverse.

By cutting off the ability to buy and sell- THEY are shutting THEIR ENEMIES down. Enemies that look an awful lot like you and me.
    I don't need PayPal; if it never existed I would be experiencing a dramatically, radically, totally, ...unchanged world.

Who cares? ..maybe others feel differently.

But they have the right to serve whom they please anyway.

Your discomfort is not their need.

Do you use a bank?
    Do you own a home?

Suppose that I show up one day and insist to be let inside in the name of some nonsensical political horse$#@!.

A reasonable response on your part would be to shoot me.

Agree?

Do you own a home?

Suppose that I show up one day and insist to be let inside in the name of some nonsensical political horse$#@!.

A reasonable response on your part would be to shoot me.

Agree?
    Sounds like you're talking about open borders. We all have a natural right to protect ourselves.

I don't need PayPal; if it never existed I would be experiencing a dramatically, radically, totally, ...unchanged world.

Who cares? ..maybe others feel differently.

But they have the right to serve whom they please anyway.

Your discomfort is not their need.
    I don't eat Kellogg's; were Kellogg's poisoned, it wouldn't effect me... I'm a Quaker oats man. LOL This kind of logic will always befuddle me.

You don't use PayPal, and I'm glad to hear that.

I guess that settles it.

Just one thing... you're a Visa Card man, then? Mastercard, perhaps?

Ah, no, no. Of course not. A man like yourself would never stoop so low as to trade in anything but good old greenbacks- cash money... but a fiat man, just the same.

That is unless.. could it be... you trade exclusively in precious metals. Silver bars and gold bullion, is that it? A secret handshake at Walgreens, and they tell you how many ounces of silver that box of Magnum condoms will set you back, I bet. Did I guess right?

Oh, nevertheless... I'm being silly. You're not directly affected- so who cares, amirite?
    Last edited by Wooden Indian; 11-19-2018 at 12:41 AM.

This bears repeating (and repeating and repeating):

The free market doesn't guarantee businesses that you like will succeed, it only guarantees profitable businesses will succeed.[/thread
    How is this situation free market? It's being 100% manipulated, not by government but by corporate agenda. I don't see how this is free market.

Suppose you own a cake shop and you bake great cakes in a great profitable location, that line you quote insinuates you will be successful because of your own destiny. But suppose your frosting supplier decides they don't want to sell to you anymore because you drive a Ford and their owner likes Chevy's. How can you still be successful with no frosting? Your argument in this thread is that it's ok even though Ford and Chevy have nothing to do with the supply chain or services agreed between your cake company and the frosting supplier. That is discrimination.

This is the case with Paypal and Bitchute. Bitchute did not ask for special treatment like non-gender binary financial services from Paypal, they took the services that Paypal offered to everyone. Paypal in turn decided to deny them for no apparent reason and that to you is free market?

I don't get the reasoning here.

Yes, once upon a time a Christian baker refused to bake a gay wedding cake. He did not refuse to sell a gay couple a cake. They were free to take what he offered, or not. That is free market.
    Last edited by Dangergirl; 11-19-2018 at 12:42 PM. Reason: got cut off earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Dangergirl View Post
    ...suppose your frosting supplier decides they don't want to sell to you anymore because you drive a Ford and their owner likes Chevy's. Your argument in this thread is that it's ok even though Ford and Chevy have nothing to do with the supply chain or services agreed between your cake company and frosting.

This is the case with Paypal and Bitchute. Bitchute did not ask for a special non-gender binary service from Paypal, they took the services that Paypal offered. Paypal in turn decided to deny them for no apparent reason and that to you is free market?

I don't get the reasoning here.
    That actually is exactly how a FREE market works. In your example, you don't have a right to the frosting company's product. They don't have to sell it to you or price it as you decide unless they have entered into a binding contract with you. They can have any reason they wish, or none at all. Just because you don't like it does not entitle you to frosting, or PayPal. It's not a human right. Unless there is a contract specifically requiring PayPal to give proper cause for termination, that is what they can do. Do business with someone else, make your own or encourage like minded people to create a business which matches your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo View Post
    That actually is exactly how a FREE market works. In your example, you don't have a right to the frosting company's product. They don't have to sell it to you or price it as you decide unless they have entered into a binding contract with you. They can have any reason they wish, or none at all. Just because you don't like it does not entitle you to frosting, or PayPal. It's not a human right. Unless there is a contract specifically requiring PayPal to give proper cause for termination, that is what they can do. Do business with someone else, make your own or encourage like minded people to create a business which matches your needs.
    That is true; but we don't live in a FREE market as businesses are NOT free to do as they wish in many situations. The problem is the law not treating all the same. Either everybody should be part of the protected class, or none be protected.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    I don't eat Kellogg's; were Kellogg's poisoned, it wouldn't effect me... I'm a Quaker oats man. LOL This kind of logic will always befuddle me.

You don't use PayPal, and I'm glad to hear that.

I guess that settles it.

Just one thing... you're a Visa Card man, then? Mastercard, perhaps?

Ah, no, no. Of course not. A man like yourself would never stoop so low as to trade in anything but good old greenbacks- cash money... but a fiat man, just the same.

That is unless.. could it be... you trade exclusively in precious metals. Silver bars and gold bullion, is that it? A secret handshake at Walgreens, and they tell you how many ounces of silver that box of Magnum condoms will set you back, I bet. Did I guess right?

Oh, nevertheless... I'm being silly. You're not directly affected- so who cares, amirite?
    The substantive issue is quite simple.

PayPal is a private enterprise which is (or ought to be) free to dispose of its property as it pleases: do business (or not) with whom it pleases.

And that is the end of the story, or ought to be.

But the class of persons who inhabit this forum these days don't know/care about such things.

The substantive issue is quite simple.
    PayPal is a private enterprise which is (or ought to be) free to dispose of its property as it pleases: do business (or not) with whom it pleases.
    And that is the end of the story, or ought to be.
    Yes it should be, but it isn't. Paypal is not allowed BY LAW to say "we don't want to do business with you because you are black, gay, a woman or a manatee.
    And that is the problem, either they should have to serve everybody or let them be free to choose.

But the class of persons who inhabit this forum these days don't know/care about such things.
    blah, blah, blah. the world is full of colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangergirl View Post
    How is this situation free market? It's being 100% manipulated, not by government but by corporate agenda.

Problems already....

Suppose you own a cake shop and you bake great cakes in a great profitable location, that line you quote insinuates you will be successful because of your own destiny. But suppose your frosting supplier decides they don't want to sell to you anymore because you drive a Ford and their owner likes Chevy's. How can you still be successful with no frosting?
    If there's a free market (or anything resembling one) in frosting, I simply buy from another supplier.

...I also cuss out my supplier for being a jackass, of course, but respect his right to exercise his property rights.

Your argument in this thread is that it's ok even though Ford and Chevy have nothing to do with the supply chain or services agreed between your cake company and the frosting supplier. That is discrimination.
    Correct

A synonym for discrimination would be choice.

This is the case with Paypal and Bitchute. Bitchute did not ask for special treatment like non-gender binary financial services from Paypal, they took the services that Paypal offered to everyone. Paypal in turn decided to deny them for no apparent reason and that to you is free market?
    Correct

Yes, once upon a time a Christian baker refused to bake a gay wedding cake. He did not refuse to sell a gay couple a cake. They were free to take what he offered, or not. That is free market.
    A free market would be the baker being free to "discriminate," i.e. choose with whom he likes to do business.

If he refuses otherwise valuable customers, he loses those customers to the competition, and the world turns.

There's no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo View Post
    Well put

Yes it should be, but it isn't. Paypal is not allowed BY LAW to say "we don't want to do business with you because you are black, gay, a woman or a manatee.
    And that is the problem, either they should have to serve everybody or let them be free to choose.
    So, because private enterprise is currently hamstrung by some anti-discrimination laws, there ought to be more anti-discrimination laws?

...Also, since I identify as a manatee, my partner and I are now going to be suing you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast