Thread: Maxine Waters Threatens End To Regulation-Rollback

Maxine Waters Threatens End To Regulation-Rollback

US financials stocks have tumbled from opening higher after Rep. Maxine Waters - soon to to take over the powerful House Financial Services Committee when the new Congress convenes in January - laid down the law on what will and won't happen under Democrat rule.

As CNBC reports, the California Democrat said efforts to loosen the reins on Wall Street financial institutions won't be tolerated should she be committee chair, as expected.
    "Make no mistake, come January, in this committee the days of this committee weakening regulations and putting our economy once again at risk of another financial crisis will come to an end," Waters said.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ation-rollback

Ain't it great having them control the House?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She can say that all she wants. If Congress didn’t pass the regs, then Congress really can’t stop the rollback.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    She can say that all she wants. If Congress didn’t pass the regs, then Congress really can’t stop the rollback.
    Congress didn't feel the need to intervene as the country, unlike now, was going in the right direction.

What regulation rollback is putting the economy in danger ? CalExit means this retarded $#@! will no longer be in the news.
    Do something Danke

Meanwhile I'm scratching my head as to how this woman holds any political office.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Meanwhile I'm scratching my head as to how this woman holds any political office.
    She hates straight white males and wants to give to the entitled the fruits "our" labors. Pretty popular position among today's Left.

GOP: "We totally did this massive deregulation, vote for us!" (bull$#@!, they did nothing)

Dems: "They totally did this massive deregulation, vote again them" (bull$#@!, they did nothing)

Libertarians: "....

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    US financials stocks have tumbled from opening higher after Rep. Maxine Waters - soon to to take over the powerful House Financial Services Committee when the new Congress convenes in January - laid down the law on what will and won't happen under Democrat rule.

As CNBC reports, the California Democrat said efforts to loosen the reins on Wall Street financial institutions won't be tolerated should she be committee chair, as expected.
    "Make no mistake, come January, in this committee the days of this committee weakening regulations and putting our economy once again at risk of another financial crisis will come to an end," Waters said.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ation-rollback

Ain't it great having them control the House?
    This could be bad news for Wall Street fat cats.
    Quite troubling development even if subprime housing loans scam was a one time thing and no chance of rinse repeat.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    GOP: "We totally did this massive deregulation, vote for us!" (bull$#@!, they did nothing)

Dems: "They totally did this massive deregulation, vote again them" (bull$#@!, they did nothing)

There was some deregulation, now the Demoncrats will try to add many more regulations.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not only has he made significant cuts to regulations that have made positive impacts to several people here on this forum, but he has cut ties on a lot of international agreements. Libertarians have a lot of reason to show some respect.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Cali and other state Dems are currently suing the Trump Administration to stop the deregulation. Please get mental help.

California Sues Trump Administration Over Car Emissions Rules
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Not only has he made significant cuts to regulations that have made positive impacts to several people here on this forum, but he has cut ties on a lot of international agreements. Libertarians have a lot of reason to show some respect.
    I've posted several times the Trump administration's own documents showing that the cuts were anything but significant.

At this rate of regulation, the total cost of regulation would reach $0 in around twelve centuries.

It's a talking point, as it was designed to be: not a meaningful economic reform.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Cali and other state Dems are currently suing the Trump Administration to stop the deregulation. Please get mental help.

California Sues Trump Administration Over Car Emissions Rules
    You think that's something other than politics, designed to rile up their tribe, as Trump's actions are designed to rile up yours.

How cute.

You think that's something other than politics, designed to rile up their tribe, as Trump's actions are designed to rile up yours.

How cute.
    AF has seen significant improvements in his line of work due to regulation cuts, and if the dems get control of automobile regulations on the national level my company will be decimated..

I'm sure this is the case for quite a few on this forum, so you are probably not going to get very far with us using those arguments.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-14-2018 at 09:21 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

AF has seen significant improvements in his line of work due to regulation cuts, and if the dems get control of automobile regulations on the national level my company will be decimated..

I'm sure this is the case for quite a few on this forum, so you are probably not going to get very far with us using those arguments.
    Your opinion is of absolutely no concern to me.

Go seek some more subsidies from your tribal leader and vote for him again.

Your opinion is of absolutely no concern to me.

Go seek some more subsidies from your tribal leader and vote for him again.
    Subsidies??! LOL... I dunno where you come up with this stuff..

I've also never voted for Trump..
    Last edited by dannno; 11-14-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Subsidies??! LOL... I dunno where you come up with this stuff..
    Demoncrat talking points.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.