Thread: Of bifocals and scopes/sights....

Of bifocals and scopes/sights....

RPF's is filled with old farts, so I reckon someone has the answer.

I wear bifocals. I need enhancement to see both near and far. It truly is a pain in the ass when iron sighting or using a scope.

I've been told that I can have prescriptions made with far sight enhancement on my left and the near sight enhancement on the right and that should take care of the problem.

Additionally I have ran across this product that I think might be worth a try.

When you try to come up with a solution to what seems to be a simple problem, more questions than answers pop up. That was certainly the case when I began shooting in competition matches and my eyesight changed due to presbyopia, which is encountered by everyone to a certain degree as we age. The muscles in our eyes lose their flexibility, and have problems focusing on near and far objects.

The solution is a simple eye exam with an RX prescription for multifocal eyeglass lenses. These bi-focal eyeglasses have the distance correction on top and the near vision on the bottom, which assists the person to comfortably go about their daily business. Except, when it comes to shooting your scoped rifle or crossbow.

The problem encountered is that the scope is close to your eye. When you look through the scope, your cheek needs to be on the stock for proper alignment. This forces you to look through the top, long-distance vision portion of the eyeglasses, causing the crosshairs to become fuzzy and out of focus.

The proper element is the lower, near-vision portion of the eyeglasses. Attempting to look through the lower half, with your cheek properly touching the stock while maintaining correct point of aim is just about impossible.

ScopeAid® “The Clearest Shot of Your Life” was developed to solve the problem, by providing clear, crisp, black crosshairs and other information in the reticle of the rifle or crossbow scope. We take your RX prescription for the lower portion of the eyeglasses and make proprietary calculations. Then our custom CNC machines pixels on the lens surface. After polishing and application of our AR coating, the lens is installed in a silicone rubber housing. It is then ready to be installed on the scope eyepiece.
    https://www.clemit.com/

Anyone else have this problem? What was/is your solution?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    RPF's is filled with old farts, so I reckon someone has the answer.

I wear bifocals. I need enhancement to see both near and far. It truly is a pain in the ass when iron sighting or using a scope.

I've been told that I can have prescriptions made with far sight enhancement on my left and the near sight enhancement on the right and that should take care of the problem.

Additionally I have ran across this product that I think might be worth a try.

https://www.clemit.com/

Anyone else have this problem? What was/is your solution?
    Not yet... but I am prohibited so no range time.

I am left eyed, and my sighting has always been odd,,, " you're doing it wrong" was a constant comment..
    even when I shot a tighter group.

My eyes can work together somewhat,, but usually independently,,, and my brain translates..

Makes me look crazier than I am.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Found another company that makes "top focals." I might give these a try.

https://sspeyewear.com/collections/t...=6103398586489