Thread: Ocasio-Cortez Joins Protest in Nancy Pelosi’s Office During Her Freshman Orientation

Ocasio-Cortez Joins Protest in Nancy Pelosi’s Office During Her Freshman Orientation

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the newly elected leftist congresswoman from New York, joined a protest on Tuesday morning inside the offices of Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to call for immediate action on climate change.
    Ocasio-Cortez and Justice Democrats, the insurgent outfit that promoted challengers from the left throughout the 2018 Democratic primary cycle, accompanied a group of around 150 young people with the Sunrise Movement to implore Pelosi and House leadership to enact an aggressive plan to combat drastic ramifications of climate change.
    The group’s demands include a push for Pelosi and House leadership to back a “Green New Deal,” a broad plan supported by Ocasio-Cortez and a number of other newly elected Democrats.
    “This means creating a committee tasked specifically to write policy on creating jobs and moving our country off fossil fuels over the designated 12 years that the IPCC has given us,” the group’s petition reads. “Let’s protect the lives of all working people—black, brown, and white—from the ravages of disaster and pollution.”
    Alexandra Ocasio Cortez makes her first visit to Nancy Pelosi’s office — for a climate change protest. pic.twitter.com/PXTBoGcWcb
    — Sheryl Gay Stolberg (@SherylNYT) November 13, 2018
    Additionally they want to mandate that no member of Democratic leadership can take money from fossil-fuel executives and lobbyists.

More at: https://www.thedailybeast.com/alexan...an-orientation

Let the circus commence.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I swear Cortez must have gotten a lobotomy before getting involved in politics.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Pelosi should have them all thrown in the furnace to keep her warm during this coming global cooling period .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I swear Cortez must have gotten a lobotomy before getting involved in politics.
    By the look of her I would say the brain damage goes way back .
    Do something Danke

See, the right and the left are exactly the same.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    By the look of her I would say the brain damage goes way back .
    Perhaps she got the lobotomy when she was a young child so she'd be much easier to manipulate.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    See, the right and the left are exactly the same.
    The people who say that always point to money as if it is the only issue that matters.

They are wrong even if it was the only issue anyway.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Ha ha ha ha. I am genuinely laughing out loud. It looks like the clowns have turned on the circus owners of the Democratic party.

It's good to get a laugh before work.

Eat it, Pelosi! You cooked it

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Ha ha ha ha. I am genuinely laughing out loud. It looks like the clowns have turned on the circus owners of the Democratic party.

It's good to get a laugh before work.

Eat it, Pelosi! You cooked it
    This^^^^

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Incoming Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) announced her support for Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) under one condition: that Pelosi continue to stand for progressive values.

Ocasio-Cortez expressed her worry that the party is tilting toward the right, hinting that Pelosi is the Democrats’ best bet at remaining progressive.

“I agree that our party should, and must, evolve our leadership,” she said in a series of tweets Wednesday. “But changed leadership should reflect an actual, evolved mission; namely, an increased commitment to the middle + working class electorate that put us here. Otherwise it’s a just new figure with the same problems.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alexandri...152701144.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Incoming Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) announced her support for Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) under one condition: that Pelosi continue to stand for progressive values.

Ocasio-Cortez expressed her worry that the party is tilting toward the right, hinting that Pelosi is the Democrats’ best bet at remaining progressive.

“I agree that our party should, and must, evolve our leadership,” she said in a series of tweets Wednesday. “But changed leadership should reflect an actual, evolved mission; namely, an increased commitment to the middle + working class electorate that put us here. Otherwise it’s a just new figure with the same problems.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alexandri...152701144.html
    That was pretty quick.

I wonder if she still has issues paying her rent.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I have never trusted the independence of the so called progressive wing of the dems party. You have Tulsi G, Bernie S and Ocasio-Cortex who make a lot of noise but when the establishment needs a lifeline, they come with a helping hand.

Kayfabe people, look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Kayfabe people, look it up.
    But it feels so real. The passion and everything.

Cortez just keeps sinking lower and lower. Holy F, she is a moron.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

an increased commitment to the middle + working class electorate that put us here.

Was it "middle + working class electorate that put" her there?

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    You think so? Personally I think she is catching on to power politics quickly. She helped form a coalition to challenge Pelosi, and in return for pulling back, members of her coalition received special appointments and favors. She is now probably Pelosi's apprentice.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    You think so? Personally I think she is catching on to power politics quickly. She helped form a coalition to challenge Pelosi, and in return for pulling back, members of her coalition received special appointments and favors. She is now probably Pelosi's apprentice.

Cortez be like "I support our veterans. They take really good care of peoples pets."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Must be that Ocasio 5D Chess I keep hearing about. lmao...
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Pelosi is becoming the McCain of the Democratic Party?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Cortez be like "I support our veterans. They take really good care of peoples pets."
    ROFLMAO !

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!