Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad to Worse: SoCal Fire Sends Thousands Fleeing; 101 Closed; Zero Containment

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    YOU are insane.

The fed has NO BUSINESS running states' lands. The real answer is to get .gov outta the properties & let the states actually taking care of their own lands.

The Bundys were in actual prison for taking care of the land around them. Now the answer is to blame the states when the Fed controls all the open land?
    Both the federal bureaucracy (staffed by liberals) and the state of California mismanage the land.

If you want the feds to get out of the land management business you should support Trump withdrawing federal funds, it may not be perfection but it would be a step in the right direction.

California just wants to stop all logging etc. and then blame "climate change" to get more big government tyranny, they are definitely the bad guys here.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    YOU are insane.

The fed has NO BUSINESS running states' lands. The real answer is to get .gov outta the properties & let the states actually taking care of their own lands.

The Bundys were in actual prison for taking care of the land around them. Now the answer is to blame the states when the Fed controls all the open land?
    This is an example of a response that has nothing to do with the discussion.

You can't just tell somebody they are wrong, and then say something that everybody agrees with..

"No, Trump is wrong, I can prove it because the sky is blue!!"

I don't even really believe in government at all, yet Trump is still correct that the forest services are receiving too much money and are mis-managing the forests.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

GOP Brush clearance failure - house burned

My mother lost "the Barn", a $3000 a month rental, burnt to the ground. Two upper houses, the main and guest houses survived, by the grace of God. Malibu, Point Dume area.

She's taking refuge at a relative's place in the valley until power & water are restored.

The prominent GOP politician who lived next door to the barn and never cleared brush on his property, had his house burn to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You don't even read Trump's tweets [...]
    Wait, wait, wait ... are tweets words now ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Wait, wait, wait ... are tweets words now ... ?
    Clearly I meant "it wasn't even spoken words, it was a tweet" or whatever back in the day.

But the point is they were commenting on the tweet without reading it, just by blindly saying whatever the media tells them to say about it.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Due to Santa Ana Winds and the risk of more fires being started by downed power lines, SDG&E (power company) in San Diego County cut off power to the eastern part of the country this past week. One of the major fires currently burning was believed to have been started by a transformer. PG&E (Pacific Gas and Electric) is being sued.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I expect everyones ins rates will go up now .
    Do something Danke

NSFW:

Charred remains from the California wildfires

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=aNGUy_1541825135
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    NSFW:

1:52

I went to her house right here in this white car to get them out. She had to put her make-up on... She died because of it.
    Wow, that is crazy, that sucks..

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like how MSM propagandists say they feel sorry for all the people that are affected by these wild fires. In reality, they're all happy that people ended up dead or losing their homes.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

NSFW:

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are garnering criticism online for reportedly hiring a team of private firefighters to protect their Hidden Hills home from the devastating wildfires in California.
    TMZ reported over the weekend that Kimye hired the private team, which was armed with hoses and "tirelessly dug ditches to create a fire break" around their $60 million mansion as fires crept up on their property. Ultimately, their efforts worked, preventing their home from going down in flames like so many other stars' properties in Malibu.
    The couple is reportedly also "getting major props from their neighbors" because, in saving the Wests' home, the private team also prevented the Woolsey fire from destroying other homes on their street, as well.
    News that the famous couple had secretly hired a private team to protect their own home was faced with backlash on social media this week, with many using their move to highlight the area's wealth gap.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...162058213.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are garnering criticism online for reportedly hiring a team of private firefighters to protect their Hidden Hills home from the devastating wildfires in California.
    TMZ reported over the weekend that Kimye hired the private team, which was armed with hoses and "tirelessly dug ditches to create a fire break" around their $60 million mansion as fires crept up on their property. Ultimately, their efforts worked, preventing their home from going down in flames like so many other stars' properties in Malibu.
    The couple is reportedly also "getting major props from their neighbors" because, in saving the Wests' home, the private team also prevented the Woolsey fire from destroying other homes on their street, as well.
    News that the famous couple had secretly hired a private team to protect their own home was faced with backlash on social media this week, with many using their move to highlight the area's wealth gap.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...162058213.html

This type of crap really helps you go into the mindset of a leftist..

So, the mega wealthy people who owned mansions in the Malibu hills are not as mega wealthy as Kanye and Kim Kardashian, so they should have all been bailed out by them..

It really never ends.

So, the mega wealthy people who owned mansions in the Malibu hills are not as mega wealthy as Kanye and Kim Kardashian, so they should have all been bailed out by them..

It really never ends.
    Envy is insatiable.

It doesn't even go away when everyone is absolutely destitute because within a day or two someone will have built a larger mud hut, found a larger berry patch or caught a bigger fish than anyone else.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Colorado river is zapped before it even reaches California. Also.... there are hidden agendas to force the nation into global warming laws, if George Soros would go as far as stealing elections on tuesday, why would he give a damn about setting fire to forests to cause even more chaos? everyone assumes that these california fires are just normal? I call bull$#@!, there is something behind them that smells fishy..its dry in california but you have TO BE JOKING ....this is year after year after year , and the same whiners and complainers who cause it by supporting liberals want more government salvation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 4.36.39 PM.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	509.2 KB 
ID:	6227

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    The Colorado river is zapped before it even reaches California. Also.... there are hidden agendas to force the nation into global warming laws, if George Soros would go as far as stealing elections on tuesday, why would he give a damn about setting fire to forests to cause even more chaos? everyone assumes that these california fires are just normal? I call bull$#@!, there is something behind them that smells fishy..its dry in california but you have TO BE JOKING ....this is year after year after year , and the same whiners and complainers who cause it by supporting liberals want more government salvation.
    Official story is transformers exploding/downed power lines... I think that is true of the Thomas Fire last year, as well as the two in Malibu and the Camp Fire.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It really never ends.
    I think the sentiment is more that Kimye should have let the neighborhood burn rather than redistribute their wealth for selfish means. There's no "greater good" in letting that mansion stand. Letting it burn would have created construction jobs.

Yes, this is satire.

I suspect that the West's property manager was simply smarter than the neighbors and diligent enough to find this service and hire them. Probably not something that's in the Yellow Pages.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 4.36.39 PM.png 
Size:	509.2 KB 
ID:	6227

I'm not against the idea that they could use wildfires to clear the land.. but most of the train path goes through desert/valleys that have not been burning. The fires are in the mountains, they won't be building the railway up there.

Not to mention the fire map is totally wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I think the sentiment is more that Kimye should have let the neighborhood burn rather than redistribute their wealth for selfish means. There's no "greater good" in letting that mansion stand. Letting it burn would have created construction jobs.

Yes, this is satire.

I suspect that the West's property manager was simply smarter than the neighbors and diligent enough to find this service and hire them. Probably not something that's in the Yellow Pages.
    What if we didn't pay taxes and instead collectively hired private firefighters? (and volunteer when necessary)

Just saying.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    What if we didn't pay taxes and instead collectively hired private firefighters? (and volunteer when necessary)

Just saying.
    You would get a free rider problem.

That might however be acceptable in a rural setting where managing your own fire risks is more important than how your neighbors managed theirs in determining whether your property burns.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post

Just saying.
    In older times, fire protection was basically a private business. If you were paid up, they put a token or seal on the building to show you were covered. If you caught fire and had a token, they would help put it out. No token, no help. Problem could be if your neighbor wasn't covered and his burning house threatened yours. If nobody put out their fire, it could threaten your residence.

https://www.london-fire.gov.uk/museu...fire-brigades/

Fire marks
    Fire marks were used to identify – and advertise – different insurance companies. These marks were placed on the outside insured buildings.

If a building was on fire, several brigades would attend as quickly as possible. The different brigades would use the fire marks to work out if a building was insured by their parent company. If they didn't see their specific fire mark attached to the building, they would leave the property to burn.

As well as fire marks, firefighters wore brightly coloured uniforms to distinguish themselves from rival insurance brigades. However, firefighters received little training and the equipment used remained very basic.

Did you know?
    You can still see some old fire marks on buildings today – don't forget to look up as you walk around older parts of London.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-15-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

https://twitter.com/TeaTramRussia/st...28099378356225
    God is just punishing the libs for flipping the house.
    This is just a sneak preview.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump, speaking about California wild fires, compared Californian forests to the Finish ones...

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/statu...01282270879746
    Very stable genius at work again...

Mel
    California vs Finland. You don't need to be a stable genius to know why one may have a bushfire problem and the other doesn't.
    Trump is the biggest moron to ever be put in charge of a serious country. How do Americans bear it?

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 10.59.57 AM.png 
Size:	623.4 KB 
ID:	6229
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12