Thread: Latest Lib Tantrum: Senate is “Undemocratic” and, Maybe, Should Be Abolished

Latest Lib Tantrum: Senate is “Undemocratic” and, Maybe, Should Be Abolished

Having lost the presidency while winning the popular vote twice since 2000, the Democrats were already having a hissy fit over the Electoral College. Now that they’ve seized control of Congress’ lower chamber but have nonetheless lost ground in its upper one, some leftists are intensifying another complaint: The Senate is undemocratic and should be ended as we know it.

A case in point is Salon’s Alt-Left writer Amanda Marcotte, who just penned a rant entitled “Here’s your midterm analysis: America is being held hostage by angry old white guys.” Of course, she’s not fond of mature whites in general, whom she essentially accuses of being “racist” (a term peppered throughout her piece), knuckle-dragging enablers of “the man.”

Explaining why a “huge, diverse nation is being controlled” by the pale few, Marcotte writes that part “of it is the result of our increasingly outdated electoral system, which give [sic] a disproportionate share of power to votes in suburban and rural areas. That’s how Democrats wound up losing several seats in the Senate this year, despite winning the popular vote by 15 percentage points.”
    It was on Twitter, however, where Marcotte really let loose. To wit:

More informed tweeters were quick to respond:

Comically, Marcotte is billed as a “politics writer” for Salon. But math isn’t her forte, either. Democrat candidates did win 57 percent of Senate votes cast, yet they won 68 percent (23) of the 34 seats decided. (Note: I’m putting the Mississippi special-election race in the GOP’s column even though it requires a Nov. 27 run-off.)

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...d-be-abolished
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who the $#@! died and made her the alleged majority leader?

The radical left will not be happy until all decisions are made by an inner party politburo.

Until then, they might settle on a plurality election determined by voting in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

And I'm supposed to "reach out" and listen to $#@!s like this?

$#@! that and $#@! them, get the $#@! out of my country, go get your stupid self loathing cracker ass some "diversity" in the Congo or Yemen or Pakistan.