Thread: Find happiness by contemplating your mortality.

Find happiness by contemplating your mortality.

https://www.wecroak.com/

The WeCroak app is inspired by a Bhutanese folk saying: to be a happy person, one must contemplate death five times daily.

Each day, we’ll send you five invitations to stop and think about death. Our invitations come at random times and at any moment, just like death. When they come, you can open the app to reveal a quote about death from a poet, philosopher, or notable thinker.

We encourage you to take one moment for contemplation, conscious breathing or meditation. We believe that a regular practice of contemplating mortality helps us accept what we must, let go of things that don’t matter and honor the things that do.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +1
    Wow, I have to stand up right now and leave the Internet!
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

I am feeling much more relaxed.

Hmm, create a positive association with death? Sounds like population control to me where the people self impose mortality, same way as people are manipulated into self censorship. Just my two cents.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Well lessee... I've been contemplating my death virtually every day since I was about 14 or 15. I do so a lot more than 5x daily.

Guess what! It doesn't help in the least.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Our invitations come at random times and at any moment, just like death
    And are probably just as annoying. No, thank you. I rather enjoy thinking about life.

"Death is impatient and thoughtless. It barges into your room when you are right in the middle of something, and it doesn't bother to wipe its boots.”

― Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    And are probably just as annoying. No, thank you. I rather enjoy thinking about life.

"Death is impatient and thoughtless. It barges into your room when you are right in the middle of something, and it doesn't bother to wipe its boots.”

Thinking about death is a comfort to those who have lost all hope, I still have hope so I will join you in thinking about life.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Dupe...
    Last edited by RJB; 11-16-2018 at 05:52 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Death is something we will all face. It's good to be at peace with your own demise. I don't fear my death at all. I live for the gift that God has given me. If someone is fearful of their fate and the unknown, contemplating it and coming to peace with it and their maker is a good thing.

Live for the love of life. Too many people I know live out of fear of death.

BTW. I am a bit of a health nut. I don't have a death wish, I just don't fear death.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

^^^^This^^^^

I'd +rep you if I could.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I prefer to find happiness by contemplating other people's mortality
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I prefer to find happiness by contemplating other people's mortality
    Just think, if you switch parties now, you can keep on voting after death.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Just think, if you switch parties now, you can keep on voting after death.
    Maybe I can dual register.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Death is something we will all face. It's good to be at peace with your own demise. I don't fear my death at all. I live for the gift that God has given me. If someone is fearful of their fate and the unknown, contemplating it and coming to peace with it and their maker is a good thing.

Live for the love of life. Too many people I know live out of fear of death.

BTW. I am a bit of a health nut. I don't have a death wish, I just don't fear death.
    Exactly. I'm not afraid of death. As a matter of fact, I rarely think about it. When I do, I mostly wonder how I'm going to die. I don't want to die doing anything embarrassing but I do want to go in a different way. I really hope I spontaneously combust. Ever since I heard of people dying that way, I thought it would be a cool way to die. Not to mention, my habits are creating the perfect, storm for spontaneous combustion (Forensic investigations have attempted to analyze reported instances of SHC and have resulted in hypotheses regarding potential causes and mechanisms, including victim behavior and habits, alcohol consumption and proximity to potential sources of ignition as well as the behavior of fires that consume melted fats.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.