Thread: Is "country music" used in enhanced interrogations?

Is "country music" used in enhanced interrogations?

Is "country music" used in various taxpayers funded white/black sites used for enhanced interrogations in combat zones around the world?
    Few months ago saw an episode of TV show "Jack Ryan" that showed some black site in Yemen where detainees guarded by Marines were being interrogated and Toby Keith's music was being played.

Not a psychology expert but could such music become some sort of trigger for people returning from such combat zones if they suffer from PTSD?

Dec 10 2014

Why Noise Torture Hurts

"Loud music" is the background track of the US war on terror. But how loud is loud enough?

From Standard Operating Procedure. Apparently, detainees show a marked aversion to country music.

Playing the same songs, typically loud metal or hip-hop, on repeat, sometimes for days on end, is a cornerstone of ​a standard operating procedure described by the Department of the Army as "futility": "[The] collector convinces the source that resistance to questioning is futile. This engenders a feeling of hopelessness on the part of the source."

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...-torture-works

Mass shooting at Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks

From Drudge:

WAR VET SLAUGHTERS 12 AT SOCAL BAR
    'COLLEGE COUNTRY NIGHT'

[59 Dead] "Active Shooter" at Las Vegas Country Music Concert
    10-02-2017

Strange coincidence that last major shooting in LV and this one both involve "country music" venues.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What if it is played backward?

Here's one google result: https://mic.com/articles/87851/11-po...ror#.Ff0ifVJOp

I would've thought that something like Nine Inch Nails would be most effective, but anything loud for long enough would probably do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

In the 1961 Billy Wilder classic One, Two, Three, East German secret police torture Horst Buchholz's character by repeatedly playing an insipid hit from 1961, Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini. At one point they even play the record off-center to add to the character's misery.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    In the 1961 Billy Wilder classic One, Two, Three, East German secret police torture Horst Buchholz's character by repeatedly playing an insipid hit from 1961, Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini. At one point they even play the record off-center to add to the character's misery.

All My Exes Live In Texas would probably break down my resistance faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

It would work on me.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uDxF5q0V9s

I think I would be really offended if I were Toby Keith.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Your girl comes back, your pick-up truck runs again and your dog comes back to life?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Your girl comes back, your pick-up truck runs again and your dog comes back to life?
    Haw haw haw