Thread: Texas NEARLY FLIPPED To a Blue State!

Question Texas NEARLY FLIPPED To a Blue State!

The 2018 midterms have come and gone, and Ted Cruz won his hard fought battle against Robert O'Rourke. Why did Cruz struggle so much?? He won by a few percentage points, sure - but that was a close call! Ted Cruz almost lost Texas!

A senator since 2013, in a state that's been reliably red for twenty five year, TEXAS! Ted Cruz nearly lost his senate race in Texas! Was it the blue wave? The fact that his opponent spent double as much? Or maybe illegal immigration?

Whatever the reason, here's the bottom line: The Democrats almost flipped Texas. Texas almost went blue. #TedCruz nearly lost the race! #Texas nearly went to the democrats. That was a tough race, but in the end, Ted Cruz pulled the win out of his hat! Great job!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Texas almost went blue

but then I voted
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Texas almost went blue

but then I voted
    I was gonna clean my room until I voted
    I was gonna get up and find the broom but then I voted
    My room is still messed up and I know why
    'Cause I voted
    Because I voted
    Because I voted

I was gonna go to class before I voted
    I coulda cheated and I coulda passed but I voted
    I am taking it next semester and I know why
    'Cause I voted
    Because I voted
    Because I voted

I was gonna go to work but then I voted
    I just got a new promotion but I voted
    Now I'm selling Amway and I know why
    'Cause I voted
    Because I voted
    Because I voted

I was gonna go to court before I voted
    I was gonna pay my child support but then I voted
    They took my whole paycheck and I know why
    'Cause I voted
    Because I voted
    Because I voted
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

McSally is in trouble...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    McSally is in trouble...
    I smell nation wide election fraud, there needs to be a nation wide investigation.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I smell nation wide election fraud, there needs to be a nation wide investigation.
    Anybody surprised by this is out of touch with reality.

It's more accurate to say Texas almost went purple. Ted Cruz is an odious person with a damaged political brand. I don't think the you will see the same fight when Cornyn is up for re-election.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I was gonna clean my room until I voted
    I was gonna get up and find the broom but then I voted
    My room is still messed up and I know why
    'Cause I voted
    Because I voted
    Because I voted

I was gonna go to class before I voted
    I coulda cheated and I coulda passed but I voted
    I am taking it next semester and I know why
    'Cause I voted
    Because I voted
    Because I voted

I was gonna go to work but then I voted
    I just got a new promotion but I voted
    Now I'm selling Amway and I know why
    'Cause I voted
    Because I voted
    Because I voted

I was gonna go to court before I voted
    I was gonna pay my child support but then I voted
    They took my whole paycheck and I know why
    'Cause I voted
    Because I voted
    Because I voted
    Who wrote that? It reminds me of "White on the moon."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    It's more accurate to say Texas almost went purple. Ted Cruz is an odious person with a damaged political brand. I don't think the you will see the same fight when Cornyn is up for re-election.
    Here we have a voice. Of fact and reason Cruz is a joke. With his country preacher speech patterns and compromised principles since Republicans nearly never primary incumbents. People can only get rid of them by electing "interim Democrats" if Cruz had lost. His seat would probably have reverted to red in 2024.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Well Cruz is an $#@!, so that didn't help him.
    But its just gonna get worse. Nearly half of san Francisco residents plan on moving in the next couple years, and TX is one of their top chosen destinations...

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well Cruz is an $#@!, so that didn't help him.
    But its just gonna get worse. Nearly half of san Francisco residents plan on moving in the next couple years, and TX is one of their top chosen destinations...
    The real, existential CALEXIT.

Few Indian tribes were nomadic. Even so, outside if pueblos in areas where only so many sites had water, their towns seldom lasted very long. That's because when they got tired of their own rotting trash and $#@!, they packed up and moved somewhere else.

Does that remind anyone else of Democrats?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Big mytholoy about Texas being such a rugged individualist home for conservatives. For cripes sake they had problems getting open carry passed in Texas. Dallas and Houston are two of the biggest progressive shat holes in the South.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Who wrote that? It reminds me of "White on the moon."
    https://www.google.com/search?source...iz.i86hXjAxKt4
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Ah thanks Cap. My Google fu was weak (i.e. absent)

Demographics are unstoppable. It didn't happen this cycle, but it will. Californians and New Yorkers are moving to red states in droves. Arizona is about to elect a pink-tutu wearing code pink resistance activist protester over McSally, the first female combat pilot. Arizona will be blue. Texas will be blue. With FLorida passing the 'felons can vote' measure... florida will be blue. Within 10 years, it's all toast.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Big mytholoy about Texas being such a rugged individualist home for conservatives. For cripes sake they had problems getting open carry passed in Texas. Dallas and Houston are two of the biggest progressive shat holes in the South.
    -rep
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    -rep
    Don't mess with Texas.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

-rep
    Sorry forgot about you. You more than make up for it. Remember the Alamo!
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined