Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized after fall breaks three ribs

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    >Asserted that laws against “bigamists, persons cohabiting with more than one woman, and women cohabiting with a bigamist” are unconstitutional. (Page 195)
    >Objected to laws against prostitution because “prostitution, as a consensual act between adults, is arguably within the zone of privacy protected by recent constitutional decisions.” (Page 97)
    >Demanded that we “firmly reject draft or combat exemption for women,” stating “women must be subject to the draft if men are.”(Page 218)
    Agreed.

>Called for reducing the age of consent for sexual acts to people who are “less than 12 years old.” (Page 102)
    This one is iffy. I have no problem with it as long as they are postpubesent, and they are both of a somewhat similar age. The latter part being a social construct I picked up in life. The whole intellectual maturity based on age is nonsense. There are plenty of 25 year old girls running around with the intellectual maturity of a rock. If a woman's body has matured to the point where they can give birth, I dont see the issue. That's how we did it for 40,000 years. It's only been different for the last 200-300 years, I'm guessing due to the Puritans. Very few girls are post pubescent at 12, but it does happen. 14 years would seem less shocking.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ginsburg missing Supreme Court arguments for 1st time

https://www.apnews.com/b1d7eb8384ef44099d63fde057c4172c

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years as she recuperates from cancer surgery last month.

Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said Monday the 85-year-old Ginsburg is continuing to recuperate and work from home after doctors removed two cancerous growths from her left lung odn Dec. 21.

Ginsburg was discharged from a New York hospital on Christmas day.

Ginsburg had two earlier cancer surgeries in 1999 and 2009 that did not cause her to miss court sessions. She also has broken ribs on at least two occasions.

The court said doctors found the growths on Ginsburg’s lung when she was being treated for fractured ribs she suffered in a fall at her office on Nov. 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years as she recuperates from cancer surgery last month.

Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said Monday the 85-year-old Ginsburg is continuing to recuperate and work from home after doctors removed two cancerous growths from her left lung odn Dec. 21.

Ginsburg had two earlier cancer surgeries in 1999 and 2009 that did not cause her to miss court sessions. She also has broken ribs on at least two occasions.

The court said doctors found the growths on Ginsburg’s lung when she was being treated for fractured ribs she suffered in a fall at her office on Nov. 7.
    Is she allowed to rule on cases she can't attend? If so, I'd like to see evidence that SHE is the one doing any work or decisions, not unnominated underlings.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Is she allowed to rule on cases she can't attend? If so, I'd like to see evidence that SHE is the one doing any work or decisions, not unnominated underlings.
    I'd like that as well.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Agreed.
    Those may be libertarian positions but RBG doesn't advocate for them because she wants to reduce government, she advocates for them because she wants to destroy public morality.
    And the draft shouldn't apply to women, it shouldn't apply to men either but there are differences between men and women and if you have a draft it shouldn't apply to women, there are other ways men and women aren't the same too.

This one is iffy. I have no problem with it as long as they are postpubesent, and they are both of a somewhat similar age. The latter part being a social construct I picked up in life. The whole intellectual maturity based on age is nonsense. There are plenty of 25 year old girls running around with the intellectual maturity of a rock. If a woman's body has matured to the point where they can give birth, I dont see the issue. That's how we did it for 40,000 years. It's only been different for the last 200-300 years, I'm guessing due to the Puritans. Very few girls are post pubescent at 12, but it does happen. 14 years would seem less shocking.
    The law must draw a line somewhere and while some adults may be as immature as children no children are intellectually mature, there is also the rights of the parents to consider.
    Where I do agree with you is that when two children fool around it is different than if an adult preys on a child, there should be an exception for when the age difference is less than X years between the parties involved.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Tick........Tock........

I wonder if she is even really still alive.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is she allowed to rule on cases she can't attend?
    I don't see how she could be but I wouldn't put it past them to try.

If so, I'd like to see evidence that SHE is the one doing any work or decisions, not unnominated underlings.
    We need proof of life every few weeks as well.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Tick........Tock........

I wonder if she is even really still alive.

Those may be libertarian positions but RBG doesn't advocate for them because she wants to reduce government, she advocates for them because she wants to destroy public morality.
    And the draft shouldn't apply to women, it shouldn't apply to men either but there are differences between men and women and if you have a draft it shouldn't apply to women, there are other ways men and women aren't the same too.
    No, there shouldn't be a draft, but if there is, women should be included too. Women vote more than men. Why should we be forced to fight their wars while they sit on the sidelines? In fact, having women eligible for a draft makes it less likely there is one.

The law must draw a line somewhere and while some adults may be as immature as children no children are intellectually mature, there is also the rights of the parents to consider.
    Why must the line be age? Surely there are better ways to determine physical maturity than by age. Perhaps simply looking at them? You've heard the term jail bate. Underage girls that look indistinguishable from a sexually mature woman above the age of consent.

When I was in my late teens early twenties, when a lot of guys get in trouble with this kind of thing, I was chasing girls in their late 20/early 30s, but I've known people where this became an issue. The temptation is too strong for young men. They're programmed to respond to women who look like that especially when the women themselves encourage it. I dont mean encourage them by what they are wearing, but actively try to get the guy to have sex with them. A lot of men's lives have been ruined by age of consent laws, where common sense would normally prevail. A judge or jury should be given leeway to decide on the sexual maturity of a woman.

No, there shouldn't be a draft, but if there is, women should be included too. Women vote more than men. Why should we be forced to fight their wars while they sit on the sidelines? In fact, having women eligible for a draft makes it less likely there is one.
    There are other ways that men and women are different than warfighting that should be beneficial to men but the best solution is to end the draft because it is immoral to enslave someone and doubly immoral to risk that enslaved person's life against their will.
    Notice that that isn't RBG's position.

Why must the line be age? Surely there are better ways to determine physical maturity than by age. Perhaps simply looking at them? You've heard the term jail bate. Underage girls that look indistinguishable from a sexually mature woman above the age of consent.

When I was in my late teens early twenties, when a lot of guys get in trouble with this kind of thing, I was chasing girls in their late 20/early 30s, but I've known people where this became an issue. The temptation is too strong for young men. They're programmed to respond to women who look like that especially when the women themselves encourage it. I dont mean encourage them by what they are wearing, but actively try to get the guy to have sex with them. A lot of men's lives have been ruined by age of consent laws, where common sense would normally prevail. A judge or jury should be given leeway to decide on the sexual maturity of a woman.
    There must be an age line because people below a certain age aren't mentally mature enough to make that decision, it doesn't matter that some people who are older than that also are immature, EVERYONE below a certain age isn't mature enough.

I also said that there should be an exemption for cases where the two parties are close in age so that two kids fooling around isn't considered criminal, perhaps there should also be a "she looks old enough" defense allowed in cases where it can't be proven that the adult knew the age of the child.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'd like that as well.
    From Scotusblog:

The justices returned to the bench today for the first arguments of the new year. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who had surgery on December 21 to remove two cancerous growths from her lungs, was not on the bench this morning; a court spokeswoman indicated that she would still participate in today’s cases based on the briefs and transcripts.

* Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    From Scotusblog:

[/B]
    I thought they might try something like that.

We need to demand proof of life and keep demanding it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    From Scotusblog:
    The justices returned to the bench today for the first arguments of the new year. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who had surgery on December 21 to remove two cancerous growths from her lungs, was not on the bench this morning; a court spokeswoman indicated that she would still participate in today’s cases based on the briefs and transcripts.
    So it is reasonable to believe that underlings could actually do all the "work" and pretend it is her doing it.

So it is reasonable to believe that underlings could actually do all the "work" and pretend it is her doing it.
    They could put her on ice and keep it up for years if they are allowed to get away with it.

There needs to be a public outcry for regular proof of life and proof of assent to the votes issued in her name.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That may seem so far fetched as to be humorous, but they tried to accuse a man of multiple gang rapes with absolutely no evidence. I seriously wouldn't put it past them. They see this as war.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That may seem so far fetched as to be humorous, but they tried to accuse a man of multiple gang rapes with absolutely no evidence. I seriously wouldn't put it past them. They see this as war.
    It is war now and they are the ones who made it so.

The best possible outcomes all contain bloodshed now and the worst contain even more.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    By the way, coming this Christmas to a theater near you, (no joke)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28dHbIR_NB4

In the fight for equality, she had no equal. Felicity Jones is Ruth Bader Ginsburg in #OnTheBasisOfSex, featuring the new original song by Kesha, “Here Comes The Change.” In theaters this Christmas!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123