Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitehouse suspends CNN reporter press pass

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    If it's Luke Rudowski up there, I think he would be right to be rude, and ask President Trump real, hard hitting, truth to power questions.

But we're talking about Jim Acosta here. He is sleazy, selfish, and unprofessional. He is not allowed to hog up the press briefing time.

BTW, Trump has by far been the most transparent and open president. He does not shy away from the press. He has endured more B.S. from the press than the past few presidents combined. And I mean he has given more press conferences, talked to the pres, more than any other president, ever. Even though all they ever ask about is Russia and whatever the other "scandal de jour" is.

So to say you aren't taking sides, "cuz its WWE, they all the same, dur hurr" is just ridiculous.
    Go have another beer, dude.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Trump had every right to take his pass. However Acosta didn't assault her
    I agree.

and I am not going to give it a second thought other than in this silly discussion. .
    Stop acting like you can quit this show. You're hooked.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Go have another beer, dude.
    You inviting me to stay and argue with you some more?
    Sorry, but I got better things to do tonight.
    But you know I'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

Stop acting like you can quit this show. You're hooked.
    Alright. I am guilty as charged.

LOL. I am not fence sitting. I genuinely could give a $#@! less about this show. Trump had every right to take his pass. However Acosta didn't assault her and I am not going to give it a second thought other than in this silly discussion. If you want to dwell on it for the rest of the year, be my guest. It's still a somewhat free country. Otherwise don't act like I'm obligated to care.
    +rep from another "phony" ... wait ... damn ... You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RJB again.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    +rep from another "phony" ... wait ... damn ... You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RJB again.
    Actually, the dude was right when he called me on it. If I was genuinely as cool and didn't care as I pretend to be, I wouldn't be hanging out on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post

Jim the Accoster
    LOL @SarahSanders, a woman, using the #metoo movement to attack someone from CNN. Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Meanwhile Trump named a CNN commentator to take over his Justice Department.

"Put his hands on an intern"? He did not lay hands on her. Fake news. Fox News claimed he pushed her. Video:

Ummm...looking at the video and at 0:25 seconds the intern tries to take the mic while the reporter is pointing his finger at the president. The reporter forcefully pushes his arm down, preventing her from taking the mic.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    28 seconds in, he lays his hands on her, sort of a light karate chop to the arm.
    Not a "karate chop." More like a jut sao that you see in tai chi or wing chun. A light move designed to redirect energy as opposed to causing harm. That said, he didn't have a right to keep dominating the mic at that point. Had she been a man he wouldn't have tried that.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Just when I thought people would stop calling me a girl if I switched back to my pre-2016 avatar away from the pretty eagle one
    FTR I always thought you were a guy because...well..Kahless is male in Star Trek cannon. But I guess if Nick Fury can go from white to black and then we find out that the black Nick Fury is really the white Nick Fury's son but they both lose the same eye.....oh nevermind. Good post regardless.

I propose a different style of communication during these Q&A's.

I am not a high tech kind of person but it seems like it would be pretty easy to eliminate the microphone all together. It could be as easy as the person speaking does so thru their phone or a White House supplied device. This goes thru a switchboard and can be shut off at the presidents request.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I propose a different style of communication during these Q&A's.

I am not a high tech kind of person but it seems like it would be pretty easy to eliminate the microphone all together. It could be as easy as the person speaking does so thru their phone or a White House supplied device. This goes thru a switchboard and can be shut off at the presidents request.

Problem solved.
    *gasp* You mean...use common sense? Yeah. I was wondering why they didn't just cut the mic...but apparently they only had one mic going around. Your solution wouldn't require the WH intern. One less gubmint job. Can't have that!

However Acosta didn't assault her
    It depends on your definition of assault. People have been charged with assaulting police officers for much less.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Assault
    At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

Generally, the essential elements of assault consist of an act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact that causes apprehension of such contact in the victim.
    more at link..
    Based on the interns reaction, I think one could reasonably argue that his move caused apprehension...

Of course in the real world -- not legal world -- I'd laugh at this as "assault" but I haven't seen Acosta be a big proponent of ending such shenanigans.... So maybe he deserves to reap what he has sowed.

That's how I see it. As much as I would love to see Acosta go down, I dislike victimization. Hell I saw a video of of person charged with resisting arrest for raising their hand to block a billy club.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It depends on your definition of assault. People have been charged with assaulting police officers for much less.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Assault

Based on the interns reaction, I think one could reasonably argue that his move caused apprehension...

Of course in the real world -- not legal world -- I'd laugh at this as "assault" but I haven't seen Acosta be a big proponent of ending such shenanigans.... So maybe he deserves to reap what he has sowed.

That's how I see it. As much as I would love to see Acosta go down, I dislike victimization. Hell I saw a video of of person charged with resisting arrest for raising their hand to block a billy club.
    From a natural law point of view (not this twisted legal nonsense of cop worship we have) there is a natural right of self defense against a billy club being brought down on your head. What right did Acosta have to hold on to that microphone?

Maybe Infowars should sue them too.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    From a natural law point of view (not this twisted legal nonsense of cop worship we have) there is a natural right of self defense against a billy club being brought down on your head. What right did Acosta have to hold on to that microphone?
    It's a public microphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It's a public microphone.
    Not sure if you're being serious or trolling. If you're using the "public microphone" argument then what is the point of a press pass? Why can't Snoop Dog just walk up in there, grab the mic and start rapping? I can't dominate a "public street" for as long as I want. A police officer (a member of the executive branch) can come and tell me to "move it along" if I decide to park my car there indefinitely.

Not sure if you're being serious or trolling. If you're using the "public microphone" argument then what is the point of a press pass? Why can't Snoop Dog just walk up in there, grab the mic and start rapping? I can't dominate a "public street" for as long as I want. A police officer (a member of the executive branch) can come and tell me to "move it along" if I decide to park my car there indefinitely.
    Trolling. Step 2 is explaining how, as a means of transmitting messages, that microphone should be under the control of the post office as per the constitution. It's actually a less stupid argument than claiming that he assaulted her by karate chopping her arm, which is really saying something.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I have no issue with him losing his WH press pass. His turn was up. However I see him more as a jackass than a criminal.

Trolling. Step 2 is explaining how, as a means of transmitting messages, that microphone should be under the control of the post office as per the constitution. It's actually a less stupid argument than claiming that he assaulted her by karate chopping her arm, which is really saying something.
    FTR only Dannno used the "karate chop" argument. You don't have to cause harm or intend to cause harm to someone to be guilty of the definition of assault. Corey Lewindowsky is a prime example of someone charged with assault without causing or intending to cause harm.

Also what does the post office have to do with this? This is a White House microphone, not a post office microphone. Microphones didn't exist at the time the constitution was written, but the executive branch does have delegated authority under the constitution to purchase and control equipment necessary for its function, be that a White House horse and carriage, a White House airplane (Air Force One) or a White House Microphone.

I have no issue with him losing his WH press pass. His turn was up. However I see him more as a jackass than a criminal.

Maybe our assault laws should change to not cover what they actually cover. No argument from me on that. But CNN needs to be consistent then.

FTR only Dannno used the "karate chop" argument.
    Precisely.

Also what does the post office have to do with this? This is a White House microphone, not a post office microphone. Microphones didn't exist at the time the constitution was written, but the executive branch does have delegated authority under the constitution to purchase and control equipment necessary for its function, be that a White House horse and carriage, a White House airplane (Air Force One) or a White House Microphone.
    It's a running joke regarding Swordsmyth's... "creative" interpretations of the constitution.
    The transfer of information is the job of the post office.
    I would consider supporting a "Free speech" web-hosting/search engine/file hosting service as a part of the post office, they would be the ones to run a "net neutrality" ISP as well.
    Pinochet is the model

Precisely.

It's a running joke regarding Swordsmyth's... "creative" interpretations of the constitution.
    There is nothing creative about it, the Post Office would be doing its job with modern equipment.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually, I described it as a "light karate chop" because that is the motion his arm took when he struck her arm with his hand.

The reason is because a karate chop is a universally recognized arm motion, whereas references to obscure forms are martial arts and lesser known maneuvers doesn't make any sense to mention.

There are two reasons for doing this.

First, it is an accurate depiction of the arm motion and strike.

Second, seeing leftists defend Acosta's actions by arguing that it wasn't a "karate chop" is entertaining because he did actually lightly karate chop her arm. Typically a karate chop is a full force strike, and this was not a full force strike. That is their argument, that it wasn't a full force strike, and that is some funny $#@!.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-11-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Maybe our assault laws should change to not cover what they actually cover. No argument from me on that. But CNN needs to be consistent then.
    Haven't seen Michelle Fields on TV or YouTube in quite a long time.... What has become of her?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Breaking! CNN and Jim Acosta SUING Trump
    https://therightscoop.com/breaking-c...a-suing-trump/
    To me the only interesting part of this fiasco is the question of free speech. My initial reaction is that Trump could hand pick his own team of reporters and it wouldn't be a violation of the 1st amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    To me the only interesting part of this fiasco is the question of free speech. My initial reaction is that Trump could hand pick his own team of reporters and it wouldn't be a violation of the 1st amendment.
    He could never hold another press conference if he wanted.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

He could never hold another press conference if he wanted.
    I agree. The government can't prevent people from speaking but they don't have to let people into the WH.

That being said I'll bet CNN tries to claim 1st amendment violation.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast