Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitehouse suspends CNN reporter press pass

Whitehouse suspends CNN reporter press pass

Jim the Accoster
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post

Jim the Accoster
    Meanwhile Trump named a CNN commentator to take over his Justice Department.

never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern
    "Put his hands on an intern"? He did not lay hands on her. Fake news. Fox News claimed he pushed her. Video:

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-07-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

"Put his hands on an intern"? Not accurate. Video:
    it is accurate, he brings his arm down, touching her, to push her arm away.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Acosta is a jerk. Won’t listen, won’t shut up. He’s monopolizing everyone else’s time. Clearly mom never taught him any mannners.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    it is accurate, he brings his arm down, touching her, to push her arm away.
    If that is "unacceptable touching", everybody is guilty of sexual assault every day of their lives.

Must be something in the name, "Acosta."
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

"Put his hands on an intern"? He never touches her. Fake news. Video:

She reaches for the mic with her left hand, Acosta comes down on her arm with his left arm.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

If that is "unacceptable touching", everybody is guilty of sexual assault every day of their lives.
    Who claimed sexual assault?

Acosta got to ask a couple questions, Trump said "Next", the girl reached for the mic, Acosta wouldn't give it up.

Acosta, you're fired.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    She reaches for the mic with her left hand, Acosta comes down on her arm with his left arm.
    If you really look at the video, she touches him first- has her hand over his hand that's holding the mic.
    There is no spoon.

"Put his hands on an intern"? He never touches her. Fake news. Fox News claimed he pushed her. Video:

28 seconds in, he lays his hands on her, sort of a light karate chop to the arm.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    If you really look at the video, she touches him first- has her hand over his hand that's holding the mic.
    That's her job, to take the mic and give it to the next person when their turn is over. The mic is not the personal property of the reporters.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Acosta is a scumbag.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    If you really look at the video without TDS, she's just reaching for the mic cuz that's her job. Acosta knows this and uses his left arm to push her arm away from the mic.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    28 seconds in, he lays his hands on her, sort of a light karate chop to the arm.
    OOh, now it is a karate chop. Hope he didn't break her arm!

Dude was obnoxious as hell. What part of one question each does CNN figure means excepting them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

If a Republican did this they would have to make a public apology and resign if they were not immediately fired. The cable news networks would be covering it 24x7 for days until he is fired or resigns.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A light karate chop to the arm is an accurate description of what happened.

I'm not saying it was a big deal or that he hurt her, just that it was uncalled for and the media is lying as usual.

In fact, a reuters reporter on twitter was showing stills of incident and complaining without showing the karate chop.

thank you for agreeing he did touch her, please edit your #2 post

I'm surprised Acosta's press pass wasn't suspended a long time ago. Every video I've seen of him he goes on and on when it's clearly time to give up the mic.

CNN's ratings are in the toilet, however. If they don't go gonzo, they won't have any viewers at all.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Trump has good taste in interns.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The incidental contact was just the excuse to ban him.

https://variety.com/2018/politics/ne...nn-1203022818/

Trump has previously threatened to pull a reporter’s credentials on the basis of their coverage. In a tweet he sent in May, he wrote that “the Fake News is working overtime. Just reported that, despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else, 91% of the Network News about me is negative (Fake). Why do we work so hard in working with the media when it is corrupt? Take away credentials?”

During his presidential campaign, his team barred The Washington Post and other outlets from campaign events, typically held in venues that are considered private property or secured under a rental agreement. But the situation is different at the White House, which is government property.

When Trump broached the idea in May, some media law experts said that such a move would not be legal. “Denying White House press credentials to reporters based on the content of their coverage would violate the First Amendment, as the DC Circuit made clear many years ago in Sherrill v. Knight,” said Theodore Boutrous, a partner at Gibson, Dunn and Crutcher in Los Angeles. The case is a 1977 decision in which the court ruled that when it came to bonafide journalists covering the White House, that “access not be denied arbitrarily or for less than compelling reasons,” including the content of their coverage.
    From a previous time Trump tried to ban a CNN reporter:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44963659

CNN condemned the ban as "retaliatory" and "not indicative of an open and free press". The White House Correspondents Association called it "wrongheaded, and weak".

Traditional rival Fox News also attacked the ban.

"We stand in strong solidarity with CNN for the right to full access for our journalists as part of a free and unfettered press,
    " network president Jay Wallace said in a statement.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-07-2018 at 08:52 PM.

https://variety.com/2018/politics/ne...nn-1203022818/
    He doesn't have to ban them for content.

How about he ban them for refusing to follow protocol?

You get a question, and a follow-up. Next guy's turn. Acosta breaks this protocol like, every time.

Acosta, you're fired.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

the court made no determination on what would constitute arbitrary or less than compelling reason and deferred that determination to the secret service. They could easily show his escalating shameful behavior over the past 2 years and that would rise to a compelling reason.

I hope he takes it to court. Another drama show to watch.

Still waiting for you to edit your #2 post.

Why the hell are you allowed to be here? You denied it happened, then you called it sexual assualt, and now you're mad because ???? @Bryan, if we did a GoFundMe, could you make Zippy disappear? We'll buy out his share. Him owning a portion of these forums is the only thing that makes sense in this relationship.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    He doesn't have to ban them for content.

How about he ban them for refusing to follow protocol?

You get a question, and a follow-up. Next guy's turn. Acosta breaks this protocol like, every time.

Acosta, you're fired.
    THis should have happened 2 months ago. If CNN had a shred of integrity, they would have pulled him off the beat when it became obvious the reporter's relationship to the subject became the story. But they're looking for ratings. They were probably hoping that Acosta and Trump would come to blows.

I'm glad this is finally ending.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Dude was obnoxious as hell. What part of one question each does CNN figure means excepting them?
    Not just obnoxious - the question was straight up "When did you stop beating the caravan?" People are supposed to go to journalism school to NOT ask those type questions

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Why the hell are you allowed to be here? You denied it happened, then you called it sexual assualt, and now you're mad because ???? @Bryan, if we did a GoFundMe, could you make Zippy disappear? We'll buy out his share. Him owning a portion of these forums is the only thing that makes sense in this relationship.
    Post count is priority one.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Why the hell .....
    On twitter it is far worse. They are even saying she attacked him. It is like they all got their marching orders.

Their actions during the press conference were obviously coordinated, they got the response they wanted and now the pre-planned social media response.

If I go to the airport I have to do what they say , if these people go to the white house they have to do what they are expected . Next
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    On twitter it is far worse. They are even saying she attacked him. It is like they all got their marching orders.

Their actions during the press conference were obviously coordinated, they got the response they wanted and now the pre-planned social media response.
    Your avatar has me rolling on the floor girl.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast