Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Whitehouse suspends CNN reporter press pass

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Due process? What does due process have to do with anything? Acosta was not charged with any crime.

I don't even know how a court has any standing to hear this case. There is no legal matter at play. What business does the court have dictating to the executive who they can and cannot let onto the premisis? At some point these rediculous rulings need to simply be ignored.
    I agree. I think the bigger issue that is getting decided is simply who is the biggest attention whore?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Due process. LOL. Is Acosta under arrest? Is he in jail?

Next up, a lawsuit filed by Starbucks:

“Hey look, Trump didn’t excercise ‘due process’ when he decided where to buy coffee. Unconstitutional!!!”
    Only Bolsheviks and Diversity have due process.

Anybody else can be thrown out or forced to bake whatever on any whim.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I agree. I think the bigger issue that is getting decided is simply who is the biggest attention whore?
    Also sets up some really bad precedent.

So if the rule is that once someone is given a press pass that it cannot be taken away, won't the White House now be incentivized to only issue press passes to those who are likely allies in the media?
    Last edited by fcreature; 11-16-2018 at 06:25 PM.

So if the rule is that once someone is given a press pass that it cannot be taken away, won't the Whitehouse now be incentivized to only issue press passes to those who are likely allies in the media?
    That would be an empty press conference. I don't even know if you could call it a press conference without press.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    MofA: Acosta and Assange

CNN asked the court for a preliminary restraining order against the White House revocation of Acosta's 'hard pass'. It was granted today based on case law related to the Fifth Amendment due process argument. Preliminary orders are not final judgments. … [The Court] left open the possibility that the White House could seek to revoke it again if it provided that due process, emphasizing the "very limited" nature of his ruling and saying he was not making a judgment on the First Amendment claims that CNN and Acosta have made.

The judge seems to thinks that the White House was justified but acted in a too chaotic manner when it revoked Ascota's 'hard pass' without citing rules or regulations. It is most likely that the White House will now create such rules pertaining White House access and press conferences. It will then use those to again limit Acosta's access. …

A number of other media organizations supported the CNN case by filing amicus briefs. … The more the media engages on his site, the more will the White House push back by creating stricter regulations. These regulations, once they are laid out, will be used against all media. If not by this administration then by the next one.

It would also be nice if these first amendment defenders would take up a real first amendment case … Julian Assange, the publisher of Wikileaks, has been indicted by the Justice Department for publishing truthful information about illegal and outrageous behavior of the U.S. government and U.S. politicians. I don't see any of those who defend the obnoxious behavior of Acosta, taking a first amendment stand in the case against Wikileaks and Assange. … The indictment of Assange is a grave threat to press freedom. Where are the editorials defending him?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Breaking: Judge orders that the Whitehouse must serve beef at the next state dinner. “Per the lawsuit filed by the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, the decision by Trump to serve chicken instead of beef violates their 5th Amendment right to due process.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Breaking: Judge orders that the Whitehouse must serve beef at the next state dinner. “Per the lawsuit filed by the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, the decision by Trump to serve chicken instead of beef violates their 5th Amendment right to due process.”
    A judge sympathizing with Vegan's has over ridden the beef mandating that no meat be served at State dinners.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    A judge sympathizing with Vegan's has over ridden the beef mandating that no meat be served at State dinners.
    A judge supportive of fasting has over-ruled you both.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Not so fast !!

A judge overruled fasting in support of slowcooker meals

What's the point of this lawsuit? Why is Acosta so important? Why can't CNN just send in another clown? They have a whole circus full of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    Not so fast !!

A judge overruled fasting in support of slowcooker meals
    Trump via executive order has eliminated food from the state dinners in pursuit of lowering spending.

So if the rule is that once someone is given a press pass that it cannot be taken away, won't the Whitehouse now be incentivized to only issue press passes to those who are likely allies in the media?
    Journalism as I know it is dead. The Julian Assanges of the world are now the people who actually break stories, while the networks all seek the instant revenue brought by clicks. Acosta v Trump is clickbait.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Only Bolsheviks and Diversity have due process.

Anybody else can be thrown out or forced to bake whatever on any whim.
    Glenn Greenwald, circa 2013

Committee to Protect Journalists issues scathing report on Obama administration
    "President Obama will surely pass President Richard Nixon as the worst president ever on issues of national security and press freedom."
    Where was Zippy's outrage then?

Has anybody yet explained why he's allowed to post here?

Don't forget that other wondrous cornucopia of liberal "rights", "equal protection under the law", they must also serve every other known food.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Just stop having press conferences, have individual interviews that last for one question at a time and schedule as many in one day as you feel like.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Trump seems to be already working on a plan to regulate press briefings, hours after a judge ruled an ousted CNN reporter’s press access be reinstated.
    In an interview with Chris Wallace for Fox News Sunday, Trump brushed off Judge Timothy Kelly’s Friday ruling that CNN’s Jim Acosta have his Secret Service pass to the White House grounds be reinstated. Despite the ruling being a interim rejection of The White House argument that the president has “broad” discretion in which credentialed members of the press are allowed access to attend official briefings, Trump said, “It’s not a big deal,” and that his team is already working on “rules” for reporter conduct.
    “We’re doing that, we’re going to write them up right now,” Trump told Wallace. “It’s not a big deal and if he misbehaves we’ll throw him out or we’ll stop the news conference.”
    Pushing for specifics, Wallace asked if certain things are going to be considered “over the line” and Trump reiterated that these new rules are being written now, but that they will cover “decorum” and outline that reporters “can’t keep asking questions.”
    “We had a lot of reporters in that room, many many reporters in that room and they were unable to ask questions because this guy gets up and starts, you know, doing what he’s supposed to be doing for him and for CNN and, you know, just shouting out questions and making statements, too,” Trump said, referring to Acosta refusing to give up a mic during a briefing last week, which led to the revocation of his White House access.

Going forward, Trump said his strategy during briefings will be to simply leave if he doesn’t like the way it’s going.
    “If I think somebody is acting out of sorts I will leave, I will say ‘Thank you very much everybody, I appreciate you coming,’ and I’ll leave,” Trump said. “And those reporters will not be too friendly to whoever it is that’s acting up.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trum...210435861.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

“If I think somebody is acting out of sorts I will leave, I will say ‘Thank you very much everybody, I appreciate you coming,’ and I’ll leave,” Trump said. “And those reporters will not be too friendly to whoever it is that’s acting up.”
    Exactly. And then sNewz organs won't come to Acosta's defense, they'll excoriate him.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Exactly. And then sNewz organs won't come to Acosta's defense, they'll excoriate him.
    Trump did sort of make a martyr of the guy. If I'd been behind the podium, I would have said something like, "Thank you all for coming out to Jim Acosta's press conference." and walked out, haha.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Trump should have replace CNN's position with Infowars. Can you imagine the left's reactions?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Trump should have replace CNN's position with Infowars. Can you imagine the left's reactions?
    I would have liked to see that.

Acosta out.

David Knight in.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Trump did sort of make a martyr of the guy. If I'd been behind the podium, I would have said something like, "Thank you all for coming out to Jim Acosta's press conference." and walked out, haha.
    I agree. He should have said..."This isn't "The Jim Acosta Show." I'v had successful television shows. You don't have what it takes. Next."

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Monday issued "rules that will govern White House press conferences going forward" in response to the behavior of CNN's chief White House correspondent, Jim Acosta, earlier this month.
    Sanders laid out three rules for reporters in attendance at future press conferences, adding that if they fail to comply with any of the rules, they may face "suspension or revocation of the journalist's hard pass."
    The three rules include: limiting reporters to one question before they must yield the floor to other journalists; asking a follow-up question or questions only at the discretion of President Donald Trump or another White House official answering questions, before then yielding the floor; and "physically surrendering the microphone" to White House staff when applicable for the next questioner.
    NBC News White House correspondent Geoff Bennett tweeted out the full press release.
    NEW: @PressSec Sarah Sanders issues "rules that will govern White House press conferences going forward." pic.twitter.com/V7mhyowEDQ
    — Geoff Bennett (@GeoffRBennett) November 19, 2018
    "We have created these rules with a degree of regret. For years, members of the White House press corps have attended countless press events with the President and other officials without engaging in the behavior Mr. Acosta displayed at the November 7, 2018 press conference," Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. "We would have greatly preferred to continue hosting White House press conferences in reliance on a set of understood professional norms, and we believe the overwhelming majority of journalists covering the White House share that preference."
    Sanders went on to say the White House is "mindful" a more comprehensive list of rules may need to be created, but added they "have decided not to frame such rules in the hope that professional journalistic norms will suffice to regulate conduct in those place."

More at: https://freebeacon.com/politics/huck...s-conferences/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"Sanders laid out three rules for reporters in attendance at future press conferences, adding no Karate chops."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

CNN 100% fraudulent

anyone who remembers Ron Paul being blacked out by all major news, should know by now...its all a world stage to create communication breakdown , to usher in ideologies as the solution, and de-elect certain people

Banned

Blog Entries
    David Knight in.
    The best.

Acosta out.

David Knight in.
    The Real News. Great show.

http://podbay.fm/show/1277232870

https://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/r...idknight/index
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Monday issued "rules that will govern White House press conferences going forward" in response to the behavior of CNN's chief White House correspondent, Jim Acosta, earlier this month.
    Sanders laid out three rules for reporters in attendance at future press conferences, adding that if they fail to comply with any of the rules, they may face "suspension or revocation of the journalist's hard pass."
    The three rules include: limiting reporters to one question before they must yield the floor to other journalists; asking a follow-up question or questions only at the discretion of President Donald Trump or another White House official answering questions, before then yielding the floor; and "physically surrendering the microphone" to White House staff when applicable for the next questioner.
    NBC News White House correspondent Geoff Bennett tweeted out the full press release.
    NEW: @PressSec Sarah Sanders issues "rules that will govern White House press conferences going forward." pic.twitter.com/V7mhyowEDQ
    — Geoff Bennett (@GeoffRBennett) November 19, 2018
    "We have created these rules with a degree of regret. For years, members of the White House press corps have attended countless press events with the President and other officials without engaging in the behavior Mr. Acosta displayed at the November 7, 2018 press conference," Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. "We would have greatly preferred to continue hosting White House press conferences in reliance on a set of understood professional norms, and we believe the overwhelming majority of journalists covering the White House share that preference."
    Sanders went on to say the White House is "mindful" a more comprehensive list of rules may need to be created, but added they "have decided not to frame such rules in the hope that professional journalistic norms will suffice to regulate conduct in those place."

More at: https://freebeacon.com/politics/huck...s-conferences/
    This is a good start. However, the Whitehouse cannot play favoritism. They will have to apply the rules evenly. So Fox cannot get up and be allowed to ask multiple questions while other organizations are limited.

Jim Acosta is the reason we have stupid warning labels
    https://www.conservativereview.com/n...arning-labels/

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Acosta out.

David Knight in.
    Sign the petition!

Give Alex Jones press credentials and sit him next to Jim Acosta

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/give-alex-jones-press-credentials-and-sit-him-next-jim-acosta
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast