Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Law-abiding gun Owner Killed During Red Flag Confiscation Raid

Exclamation Law-abiding gun Owner Killed During Red Flag Confiscation Raid

Gary Willis, a resident of Ferndale, Maryland, was awakened Monday morning at 5:17 a.m. when two officers from Anne Arundel County knocked on his door. A law-abiding gun owner, Willis answered the door “with a gun in his hand,” according to a police department spokesman. They were there to serve him with an “extreme risk protective order” and remove his legally owned firearms.

According to the spokesman, Willis put his firearm down to read the ERPO but then, apparently recognizing that it wasn’t a legal search warrant issued by a judge in accordance with protections guaranteed to him by the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, but instead was issued by a local judge under Maryland’s newly minted “red flag” law, he retrieved his firearm.

The spokesman said that Willis “became irate.” In the melee that followed, one of the firearms carried either by one of the officers or by Willis went off. One of the officers then pulled his own sidearm and shot Willis dead.

Family members told Capital Gazette reporters that a distant relative had requested the ERPO the day before, due to an “incident” that occurred at his residence. The details of the “incident” remain unclear at this writing, but the backpedaling by the police chief began almost immediately.
    Said Anne Arundel County police chief Timothy Altomare:
    If you look at this morning’s outcome, it’s tough for us to say, “Well, what did we prevent?” Because we don’t know what we prevented or could’ve prevented.
    What would have happened if we didn’t go there at 5 am?
    Probably nothing. Because during his many years as a resident at his home in Ferndale nothing untoward happened. His niece, Michele Willis, said “I’m just dumfounded right now. My uncle wouldn’t hurt anybody.”

Chief Altomare announced that since the law became effective on October 1, there have been 19 ERPOs issued in his county, his officers have served nine of them and have seized “around 33 guns” in the process. So successful have the unconstitutional raids been in Anne Arundel County that the department is building a new storage facility specifically to accommodate all the firearms they are expected to confiscate under the new law.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...fiscation-raid
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

So successful have the unconstitutional raids been in Anne Arundel County that the department is building a new storage facility specifically to accommodate all the firearms they are expected to confiscate under the new law.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...fiscation-raid
    Oyarde will be going down there now looking to "pick" some of them up.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Served
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

This would have never happened had he not owned guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post

Exactly. He did this to himself.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Would it be any different if he was a "illegal" gun owner? Some people besides the gun owners need to start dying because of this .
    "The Patriarch"

Are the Officers OK?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Maryland is hell.
    Literally.
    HELL.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Would it be any different if he was a "illegal" gun owner? Some people besides the gun owners need to start dying because of this .
    No difference. A person does not even need a gun to be executed by team blue.

This is so stupid, gov knows damned well that the more you restrict something, the more power it is going to give them to use force against you.

If you're dating someone, or are married, they can apply to have your guns taken away, this is just downright ridiculous.... this is letting emotional issues determine law.

Where are the politicians during all this?

What happens if I don’t comply with an Extreme Risk Protective Order (ERPO)?

"Then we will shoot you."

https://www.peoples-law.org/extreme-...tective-orders

Who can ask the court for an Extreme Risk Protective Order (ERPO)?

The “petitioner” is the person asking the court for an ERPO. The “respondent” is the person against whom the extreme risk protective order is filed.

The law is very specific about who can ask the court for an ERPO. The following people can request the court to issue an ERPO.

Spouse
    Cohabitant
    Relative by blood, marriage, or adoption
    Someone with a child or children in common
    Currently dating or an intimate partner
    Current or former legal guardian
    Law enforcement officer
    Certain medical professionals who have examined the respondent

Last edited by Mach; 11-06-2018 at 09:13 PM.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    The law is very specific about who can ask the court for an ERPO. The following people can request the court to issue an ERPO.

Spouse
    Cohabitant
    Law enforcement officer

[/I]
    Pretty much anybody.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    This is so stupid, gov knows damned well that the more you restrict something, the more power it is going to give them to use force against you.

If you're dating someone, or are married, they can apply to have your guns taken away, this is just downright ridiculous.... this is letting emotional issues determine law.

Where are the politicians during all this?

What happens if I don’t comply with an Extreme Risk Protective Order (ERPO)?

"Then we will shoot you."

https://www.peoples-law.org/extreme-...tective-orders

Who can ask the court for an Extreme Risk Protective Order (ERPO)?

The “petitioner” is the person asking the court for an ERPO. The “respondent” is the person against whom the extreme risk protective order is filed.

Spouse
    Cohabitant
    Law enforcement officer

Ask them to define: " an intimate partner"
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Pretty much anybody.
    Any member of the opposite sex can claim to be dating you.

These days any member of your own sex can.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This

IS

door to door confiscation

That's what it looks like
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Almost like an Executive Order that any person can write.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    This

IS

door to door confiscation

That's what it looks like
    Yup.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll take a guess and say that law enforcement is immune from this law.

Looks like back in April the Democrats tried this in MN. The Republicans prevented it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Looks like back in April the Democrats tried this in MN. The Republicans prevented it.
    Those who say there isn't a dime's worth of difference must value their lives rather cheaply.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The more I look at this, the more I see that this is the direction that gun control adherents are going to take to the Fed.gov level. On the surface it's only sensible, right? If someone is posing a risk to themselves or others, then just take their guns away until it can all be sorted out.
    This is going to take "SWATTING" to a far more dangerous level.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The more I look at this, the more I see that this is the direction that gun control adherents are going to take to the Fed.gov level. On the surface it's only sensible, right? If someone is posing a risk to themselves or others, then just take their guns away until it can all be sorted out.
    Yep.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    If he was an illegal gun owner they would not have a list of guns to confiscate.

It should be taking Home and Personal Defense to a new level.. Defcon 2 at least.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The cops pose a risk to themselves and others. Better they should start by taking away the guns the cops have.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In Ferndale, Maryland, a 60-year-old man was shot to death by police serving a “red flag order” at 5:17 a.m. It turned out that the complainant was a non-immediate relative seeking to punish the gun owner after an argument they had.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/gun-ow...ontrol-scheme/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Family Feud on steroids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Oyarde will be going down there now looking to "pick" some of them up.
    There will be none of mine there , but yeah would be a good place to resupply now before they fortify it and it would be like providing a public service by denying the stasi a chance to auction them later and use the funds to buy a tank to kill more innocents with .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    The cops pose a risk to themselves and others. Better they should start by taking away the guns the cops have.
    They are a clear and present danger to the public most certainly .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Nah , they would shoot him anyway .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    If he was an illegal gun owner they would not have a list of guns to confiscate.
    It is better if there is no record of what you own . Here that can be done by buying used weapons from individuals .
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast