Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mid Term Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Mormons aren't supposed to hate anybody, really..

But nobody is perfect and Romney is a shady dude.
    "Hate" has many definitions and we are supposed to hate evil so the more evil someone is the more they deserve an ever stronger definition of it.
    If he would repent it would all go away but he hasn't yet.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you think the theory is that Q has a time machine?

Is it possible multiple people post as Q?
    https://www.oann.com/exposed-creator...he-first-time/
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Walker is ahead by about 2,500 votes with 97% reporting

McSally has a fairly comfortable 0.9% lead, only 34% reporting though

Rohrabacher is down 200 votes with 31% reporting
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    You don't know?!?!
    The GOP could claim it about the House or the DNC could claim it about the Senate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hearsay.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ya, I know, that's the whole point.

You can't say you were pretending to be somebody else, and you were wrong, and some how that proves they are wrong.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by bronxboy10 View Post
    Senate is a disaster for the Dems. Trump gets to run against Pelosi in 2020.

I think the results tonight make it more likely Trump wins re-election.
    If they do take the House he can also blame them for any economic downturn because they block his agenda.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

nm - absentee votes weren't in the tally
    Last edited by angelatc; 11-07-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Wow, Walker lost some ground and is barely under at 98%, these final districts were supposed to work in his favor so this is going to be really tight..

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The GOP could claim it about the House or the DNC could claim it about the Senate.
    I guess we'll just have to see, won't we?

Ya, I know, that's the whole point.

You can't say you were pretending to be somebody else, and you were wrong, and some how that proves they are wrong.
    Except the part where Q has been wrong about...well, everything.

According to eleganz, I get all my predictions from reading ZH and AJ and yet still have a much better prediction record than the Oval Office insider :snort:
    Last edited by devil21; 11-07-2018 at 12:41 AM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Good!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Wow, Walker lost some ground and is barely under at 98%, these final districts were supposed to work in his favor so this is going to be really tight..
    Walker back in the lead! lol

probably going to be a recount. Looks like it might be decided by less than a 1000 votes....
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Except the part where Q has been wrong about...well, everything.
    Like how Russiagate was a nonsense distraction? Pretty sure that's been the whole theme, some of the details he gets right some don't quite come to fruition but he usually provides a pretty good analysis of what's happening.

The blowup from Cenk Yogurt tonight was about his whole stream being trolled in the chat He went on and on about how it means TYT is effective. I don't think he gets what trolling is.

Classic.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Ugh, Romney just won't go away. He will make sure the huge NSA "cloud" facility that stores all of our data stays nice and happy. I'm sure Shillsmyth is thrilled also.
    I'm no Romney fan but I think he's a hell of a lot better than Hatch. Could be wrong- but time will tell- Hatch was 1000% neocon.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    The blowup from Cenk Yogurt tonight was about his whole stream being trolled in the chat He went on and on about how it means TYT is effective. I don't think he gets what trolling is.

Classic.
    Ya some people in the Ben Shapiro chat were directing people over there lol..

Ya some people in the Ben Shapiro chat were directing people over there lol..
    Styx from YouTube had his audience over there too and they were spamming the chat with spoon memes. Quite the night.

Good!
    Never mind - absentee ballots weren't yet counted. She lost by 60. Would have been a fun win, as he was already sworn in as their speaker.

In other devastating news....Ebke lost her race too.

nm - absentee votes weren't in the tally
    Yep. Sadly, she did not win, according to Reason. So close, though! But with numbers this good, the LP should definitely try Wyoming again in the future.

Rosendale just moved into the lead in MT senate, what a night.

Trump is likely in victory mode, he stopped a wave in the house and gained seats in the senate, history making type stuff.

Sufferers of TDS who think Trump lost tonight ought to look at when Obama lost 60+ house seats and I believe it was 9 Senate seats in his first mid term.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never mind - absentee ballots weren't yet counted. She lost by 60. Would have been a fun win, as he was already sworn in as their speaker.

In other devastating news....Ebke lost her race too.
    Any chance of a recount?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Rohrabacher is ahead by 27 votes with 52% reporting..

Any chance of a recount?
    She posted it on Facebook - didn't seem the be especially skeptical. We'll see.

And in other "Ron Paul was right - you have to run in the GOP" news:

Party-Switching N.H. State Rep. Brandon Phinney Gets Slaughtered as a Libertarian

he New Hampshire state representative, elected to the 400-member body in 2016 as a Republican, switched to Libertarian in June 2017 after watching the machinery of allegedly small-government Republicanism up close. "I saw how they wanted to spend all of our money," he recalled to me in an interview this summer, "and that immediately set off every red flag imaginable." He targeted archaic laws to be stricken from the books, helped effectively legalize visiting bands drinking beer on stage, and prepped for his first election wearing the "L" right there on his sweater.

With a win tonight, Phinney could demonstrate that the most libertarian among Republicans can safely switch to the more ideologically sympatico smaller party, and still protect a seat. Other major-party politicians, surely, would take note in these polarizing times.

Phinney did not win. He got trounced.

"After two years of voting to protect personal freedom, control spending, provide transparency and after two years of proposing legislation to do the same (with two bills as a prime sponsor signed into law)," Phinney wrote on his Facebook page, "my district rewarded me with 377 votes." It got more bitter from there:

CA Gas tax repeal: Yes: 45% No: 55% That's w/ early mail-in ballots and 34% of votes cast today counted.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Wow, I think Walker is out for the count..

Wow, I think Walker is out for the count..
    Or the recount.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

She posted it on Facebook - didn't seem the be especially skeptical. We'll see.

And in other "Ron Paul was right - you have to run in the GOP" news:

Party-Switching N.H. State Rep. Brandon Phinney Gets Slaughtered as a Libertarian
    Just to refresh my memory, can you post evidence of Ron Paul saying "you have to run in the GOP"? I don't recall that.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CA Gas tax repeal: Yes: 45% No: 55% That's w/ early mail-in ballots and 34% of votes cast today counted.
    All I can get from that is that a lot of people just seen "Tax" and voted no... was it in Spanish, too?
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    All I can get from that is that a lot of people just seen "Tax" and voted no... was it in Spanish, too?
    I don't know, CA just keeps getting worse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast