View Poll Results: Who will control the House after tomorrow?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrats win a large majority

6 17.14%
  • Democrats win a slight majority

6 17.14%
  • Republicans barely hold a slim majority

15 42.86%
  • Republicans increase their majority

8 22.86%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How do you think tomorrow's House elections will go?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yes, all this, but I was really just talking about the polling. It's why Trump's win and his message hasn't really translated into wins for other candidates - at least not yet. If he could have put Hillary on every ballot this midterm, the GOP would have a much better shot. Instead, he thought most people supported his immigration policy so he kept on that message. In reality, they would have taken the devil himself over Hillary, regardless of any messaging.

Yeah, I get it. Your mentioning that Trump is an authoritarian just sent me temporarily into "rant mode." I'm all better now.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    That is certainly a big part of it. I can also tell you that I have a family member that is a woman in her 80s, a life long Democrat and feminist, and she planned on voting for Hillary no matter what. When it came time to vote, she voted for Gary Johnson because Hillary is so corrupt that she just couldn't bring herself to vote for her. She waited her whole life to elect a woman president and then didn't do it. She is a liberal but she has integrity.
    She is a dying breed.

Higher voter turnout may favor the Democrats. They are normally less likely to turn out in mid- term elections. In some states like Texas, they have already received in more mail in ballots than were cast in the entire 2014 mid-term elections. With more states using mail in and absentee balloting, close race results may not be known for a few days.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Higher voter turnout may favor the Democrats. They are normally less likely to turn out in mid- term elections. In some states like Texas, they have already received in more mail in ballots than were cast in the entire 2014 mid-term elections. With more states using mail in and absentee balloting, close race results may not be known for a few days.
    Higher voter turnout may favor the Republicans. Who knows?

The real factor is what swing voters think. Republicans will vote Republican. Democrats will vote Democrat. The question is, who will independents vote for?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

The real factor is what swing voters think. Republicans will vote Republican. Democrats will vote Democrat. The question is, who will independents vote for?
    You certainly didn't get that question from the MSM--or the forum trolls. They like to pretend everyone has to be on Team Red or Team Blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Higher voter turnout may favor the Republicans. Who knows?

Not always. A lot of people in the south have been registered Democrats for decades and just never changed it, but they vote Republican now.

The problem I see with the forecasts of a blue wave in the house is that they are assuming the Democrats are going to win most of the toss ups when all but two toss ups last I looked were GOP incumbents. If it's a toss up you have to give the edge to the incumbent, but the media doesn't want to do that for obvious reasons.

Red wave is gonna sweep the nation
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Red wave is gonna sweep the nation
    You're crazy! It's a green wave.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just voted, and in my little town there was a thirty minute wait. Lots of people came out and it is raining hard.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Not always. A lot of people in the south have been registered Democrats for decades and just never changed it, but they vote Republican now.

The problem I see with the forecasts of a blue wave in the house is that they are assuming the Democrats are going to win most of the toss ups when all but two toss ups last I looked were GOP incumbents. If it's a toss up you have to give the edge to the incumbent, but the media doesn't want to do that for obvious reasons.
    Yes I think the media bias toward the left has resulted in them pushing the narrative of what they want to have happen.

#FakeItTillYouMakeIt
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I would love to see Gary Johnson win in New Mexico US Senate race. My humble opinion he will finish a double digit third place. Eric Brakey's defeat is Maine US Senate race will piss me off. In the end, voters make their choices. As for the rest, Democrats pick up 13 seats to reach 206. In the US Senate, Republicans pick up four to reach 55 seats. Democrats pick-up six Governor's mansions, but Republicans retake Alaska for a net gain of 5. I am not making a prediction in other states related ballot measures or statewide races.

It appears that Florida governor race results are already in.

Quote Originally Posted by clint4liberty View Post
    I would love to see Gary Johnson win in New Mexico US Senate race. My humble opinion he will finish a double digit third place. Eric Brakey's defeat is Maine US Senate race will piss me off. In the end, voters make their choices. As for the rest, Democrats pick up 13 seats to reach 206. In the US Senate, Republicans pick up four to reach 55 seats. Democrats pick-up six Governor's mansions, but Republicans retake Alaska for a net gain of 5. I am not making a prediction in other states related ballot measures or statewide races.
    There was not nearly enough media that could've been potentially generated from a race like that, GJ's team likely ineffective.

Actually they should've cut a deal where the GOP drops out in NM and the LP drops out in Indiana, a win win.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Despite almost every poll predicting that Democrats will win the House today, a final Gallup survey finds that the majority of Americans believe Republicans will retain control of Congress.
    Respondents were asked, “Regardless of how you, yourself, plan to vote, which party do you think will win control of the U.S. House of Representatives in the congressional elections this fall?”
    According to the results, 50% of Americans think Republicans will retain control of the House, compared to 44% who think Democrats will win enough seats to gain victory.
    Every single prediction Americans have made over the last 10 such midterm election years between 1946 and 2014 has come true.
    The poll also found that 61% of Americans think Republicans will retain the Senate compared to 33% who think Democrats will take control.

More at: https://www.infowars.com/final-gallu...ain-the-house/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Democrat turnout in Florida not as strong as all the polls projected. Florida will be a huge tell.

Also in Florida...

Last edited by eleganz; 11-06-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

The poll also found that 61% of Americans think Republicans will retain the Senate compared to 33% who think Democrats will take control.
    Interesting. Probably the exact same percentage of people who identify as the Democratic party, lol. Hope they're disappointed .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A big time gambler who won on Brexit and Trump is so confident that the polls are wrong and that Republicans will maintain control of the House that he has traveled to London to bet $130,000 on the outcome.
    Ouch.
    "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever." - Founding Father Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by clint4liberty View Post
    I would love to see Gary Johnson win in New Mexico US Senate race. My humble opinion he will finish a double digit third place.
    Clint, your prediction was spot on: Gary ended up picking up 15.5%.

According to the results, 50% of Americans think Republicans will retain control of the House, compared to 44% who think Democrats will win enough seats to gain victory.
    Every single prediction Americans have made over the last 10 such midterm election years between 1946 and 2014 has come true.
    Another American tradition down the crapper.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Well it looks like the correct answer was: Democrats win a slight majority.

The good news is that gridlock could reduce the amount of liberty infringing legislation coming out of D.C.

The bad news is that the crimes of the Obama administration will forever be swept under the rug.

Also I know of 0 new candidates that will be helping Paul, Massie & Amash, so that sucks.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Well it looks like the correct answer was: Democrats win a slight majority.

The good news is that gridlock could reduce the amount of liberty infringing legislation coming out of D.C.

The bad news is that the crimes of the Obama administration will forever be swept under the rug.

Also I know of 0 new candidates that will be helping Paul, Massie & Amash, so that sucks.
    It's worse than that. Brat is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Simon
    Laugh about it, shout about it, when you have to choose
    Any way you look at it you lose.

Trump claiming (no surprise) that they blew away expectations. Actually the results were pretty much as expected.

2020 will likely have a different outcome in the Senate. There were very few Republican seats even up for election- only nine. Next time two thirds of the seats up for election will be held by Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump claiming (no surprise) that they blew away expectations. Actually the results were pretty much as expected.

2020 will likely have a different outcome in the Senate. There were very few Republican seats even up for election- only nine. Next time two thirds of the seats up for election will be held by Republicans.
    What aspect of recent U.S. political history makes you think that anything other than incumbents keeping their seats is "likely"?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What aspect of recent U.S. political history makes you think that anything other than incumbents keeping their seats is "likely"?
    Let's go with 90% of incumbents keep their jobs. 20 Republicans up for re-election and ten Democrats up for re-election. Which party loses more seats to the other party? The one with the most up for re-election.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345