Thread: A Gun Capable Of Fitting Into A Wallet Is Being Sold By An American Arms Company

A Gun Capable Of Fitting Into A Wallet Is Being Sold By An American Arms Company

The National Interest recently profiled the latest firearm which is pushing the limits in terms of size and technology except this isn't a "big gun" but quite the opposite. A North Carolina company has produced and is currently selling a single-shot "credit card gun" which fits into a wallet, and which can be neatly tucked away in a person's back pocket.
    A military analyst writing for The National Interest describes the gun, called the "LifeCard," as "a single-shot, single-action .22 designed to resemble an innocuous credit card."

The credit-card sized pistol was "fashioned from lightweight anodized aluminum with a steel trigger and tilt-up barrel" which enables "the 7 oz. pistol folds up into a 3.375 inch by 2.215 inch card that, despite its half-inch thickness, can fit with relative ease inside your back pocket or average wallet."
    It was developed by a North Carolina-based company Trailblazer Firearm, and has enough ammo storage for four rounds.
    The company has billed it as a weapon of "last resort" in dangerous, unexpected situations, but it's also sure to draw controversy given the extreme ease of concealment and potential for passing through security screenings, similar to the controversy evoked by 3-D printed guns.

“Trailblazer Firearms fully intends to spearhead innovative new firearms products starting with the LifeCard, available later this month,” Trailblazer president Aaron Voight said in a statement. “New designs and true innovation have been the exception and our goal is to be the pioneer laying new trails for gun enthusiasts, designers, and manufacturers.”
    But Jared Keller, writing for the military website Task & Purpose, poses the following question regarding the weapon's ultimate effectiveness in a life and death situation:
    But how effective would this $400, uber-hyped firearm actually be in a situation that calls for a stealthily concealed weapon, or a quick draw? The product is so new that reports from the urban battlefield have barely been released.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...n-arms-company
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    About as useful as tits on a boar.

Ya for close quarters I think I would rather have my Tomahawk .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Or an icepick.

it's also sure to draw controversy given the extreme ease of concealment and potential for passing through security screenings
    Probably should ban it. It has no legitimate hunting purpose
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    About as useful as tits on a boar.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Or an icepick.
    I think its primary value would be to intimidate people who are excessively afraid of guns.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Gonna need a pretty fat wallet to fit that into.

Capable Of Fitting Into A Wallet
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-04-2018 at 09:03 PM.
    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wouldn't want my life to depend upon a single .22 shot. Even if you hit your target, you are going to need some luck for the shot to strike something vital to stop a threat.
    I compiled a "brief" history of events since October 2008 that are defining the global currency war and the role that gold is playing:

Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

Also, have you contacted your Congressional Rep and asked them co-sponsor Ron Paul's Rep. Paul Broun Jr.'s HR 1098 77: Free Competition in Currencies Act?

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    I wouldn't want my life to depend upon a single .22 shot. Even if you hit your target, you are going to need some luck for the shot to strike something vital to stop a threat.
    One of these maybe?

This may be useful if somebody is trying to sneak up behind you.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-04-2018 at 10:07 PM.
    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

I would imagine the "urban battlefield" would be quite hilarious if these were popping all over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    This tool is useful for a concealed last resort only. You obviously need time to deploy it. It is useful as a surprise in a hostage situation perhaps. If you can get up behind an armed thug and pop him in the head to take his weapon from him. I want one...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    This tool is useful for a concealed last resort only. You obviously need time to deploy it. It is useful as a surprise in a hostage situation perhaps. If you can get up behind an armed thug and pop him in the head to take his weapon from him. I want one...

Reminds me of this:

More info here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom