Thread: 18-Yr-Old Said She Was Raped While In Police Custody. They Say She Consented.

18-Yr-Old Said She Was Raped While In Police Custody. They Say She Consented.

When Anna said she was raped by two on-duty cops, she thought it would be a simple case. She had no idea she lived in one of 35 states where officers can claim a detainee consented.

Anna was sitting in the parked car with two friends when a charcoal gray van pulled up and flashlight beams momentarily blinded her. The 18-year-old had grown up in south Brooklyn and spent many Friday nights like this driving around the city with friends, looking for places to hang out away from home. On this night, though, September 15, 2017, sometime between 7:30 p.m. and 8 p.m., she crossed paths with the cops.

There were two of them, both plainclothes detectives over 6 feet tall and powerfully built, flashing their badges and asking questions. There was weed in the front cupholder, and soon the detectives ordered the three occupants out of the car. As Anna later recalled, the detectives handcuffed her and told her friends, both young men, they were free to go. Then, she said they led her — a slender woman just over 5 feet tall — into the back of the unmarked police van with tinted windows.

Inside, Anna said the detectives took turns raping her in the backseat as the van cruised the dark streets and as she sat handcuffed, crying and repeatedly telling them “No.” Between assaults, she said, the van pulled over so the cops could switch drivers. Less than an hour later, a few minutes’ drive from where it all began, the detectives dropped Anna off on the side of the road, a quarter-mile from a police station, surveillance footage shows. She stood on the sidewalk, her arms wrapped around her chest, looking up and down the dimly lit street and pacing slowly before borrowing a cell phone from a passerby to call a friend.

The cops made no arrest, issued no citation, filed no paperwork about the stop. Hours later, Anna and her mother went to a hospital, where Anna told nurses two detectives had sexually assaulted her, according to hospital records. Semen collected in Anna’s rape kit matched the DNA of detectives Eddie Martins, 37, and Richard Hall, 33, of the Brooklyn South narcotics unit. Both have since resigned from the force and been charged with rape.

Anna assumed it was a simple case: Two cops had sex with a woman in their custody in the middle of their shift.

When a Facebook friend questioned whether there was enough evidence to dispute the officers’ claim that the sex was consensual, Anna wrote back, “Listen man it doesn't $#@!ing matter they’re on duty police officers its a $#@!ing violation these are the people we call for help not to get $#@!ed.”

But Anna didn’t know that in New York, there is no law specifically stating that it is illegal for police officers or sheriff’s deputies in the field to have sex with someone in their custody. It is one of 35 states where armed law enforcement officers can evade sexual assault charges by claiming that such an encounter — from groping to intercourse — was consensual, according to a BuzzFeed News review of every state legal code.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ape-she-had-no
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I missed out on the dick pills , they any good ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Should police be able to have 'consensual sex' with people in their custody?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I missed out on the dick pills , they any good ?

It'd be terrible if those cops were killed on a lonely patrol.

To all the people who say, "when an officer gives you a direct order, you obey and take it up with the court later."
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

no words

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I wonder what it would look like if they polled women on this?

I mean, this gives them a free pass to be able to get out of speeding tickets and drug possession charges and stuff.

I would prefer to see a private police force, no drug laws and let the security companies determine policy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I wonder what it would look like if they polled women on this?

I mean, this gives them a free pass to be able to get out of speeding tickets and drug possession charges and stuff.

I would prefer to see a private police force, no drug laws and let the security companies determine policy.
    What jurisdiction does your "private police force" have over a common man? Do they have any special privilege beyond that of a citizen?

I can almost guarantee that these guys get acquitted. They're going to bring her social media into play and much of it is sexualized.

She's very anti-cop (who wouldn't be after this?) and is angry - they're going to say her behavior isn't consistent with a victim. They're going to say she's using this as a way to get a huge settlement from the city. Hard to say what actually happened, but no matter what, the cops are to blame. As soon as they flash a badge, nothing else can be considered "consent".

And what about her two friends that were so eager to just get out of there... couple of real douchebags, to be sure.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I can almost guarantee that these guys get acquitted. They're going to bring her social media into play and much of it is sexualized.

She's very anti-cop (who wouldn't be after this?) and is angry - they're going to say her behavior isn't consistent with a victim. They're going to say she's using this as a way to get a huge settlement from the city. Hard to say what actually happened, but no matter what, the cops are to blame. As soon as they flash a badge, nothing else can be considered "consent".

And what about her two friends that were so eager to just get out of there... couple of real douchebags, to be sure.
    The rub of it is they don't even realize it. Probably joke about how they got out of a drug bust at her expense. I know how they could redeem themselves. But, they are not man enough to. Douchebags. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What jurisdiction does your "private police force" have over a common man? Do they have any special privilege beyond that of a citizen?
    The private police force would be able to police private property, not your property unless you hired them, and would only be able to use reasonable force in self defense of other's persons and property.

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The private police force would be able to police private property, not your property unless you hired them, and would only be able to use reasonable force in self defense of other's persons and property.
    Fair enough. Just wondering.

Then that is Private Security and NOT a POLICE FORCE..

Police are CONTROL ENFORCERS. ((an authoritarian construct)

They have no purpose nor justification in a Free Society.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    To all the people who say, "when an officer gives you a direct order, you obey and take it up with the court later."

I've actually pointed these kinds of things out to people and been told "Yes. Even if it means getting raped." Usually law and order conservative types.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I've actually pointed these kinds of things out to people and been told "Yes. Even if it means getting raped." Usually law and order conservative types.
    Tube or it didn't happen.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Then that is Private Security and NOT a POLICE FORCE..

Police are CONTROL ENFORCERS. ((an authoritarian construct)

They have no purpose nor justification in a Free Society.
    Ya that is probably technically correct.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 9.35.57 AM.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	6184
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul know some weird people...

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In my profession, I can't date a patient until I haven't seen them in my office for a few years-- I can't remember the exact number of years. I am always surprised at the standards other profession have.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I am always surprised at the standards other profession have.
    Wow,, No $#@!.
    I sit here as an ex smuggler,,gun for hire and bank robber,, I made an honest profession of Bodywork and Paint.

There are a LOT of jobs I just wouldn't do... standards...lol
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Meh... in all other occupations its perfectly normal. Refuse guy goes to pick up the garbage, and gives the lil lady a poke. Office executive bends the admin over the desk... Social norm all the way - so much so, its written into law (for the police anyway)

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Apparently yes, if you're in NY.

I say ID the officers and hunt them. If they disappear the same night, neither to be seen nor heard from again, the world would become a better place.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

"It’s just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill people’s fighting spirit." - Withur We

Pray for reset.

I'm not sure I understand her concern. Would she have rather gone to jail?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'm not sure I understand her concern. Would she have rather gone to jail?

The study, titled "Shame and Guilt in the Aftermath of Sexual Attack", verifies much of what we know about the mental health of rape victims. However, one observation in particular is raising eyebrows. After analyzing the anonymous transcripts of over 5,000 post-rape counseling sessions, the authors point out that almost all female rape victims experience orgasm during the attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul know some weird people...

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Meh... in all other occupations its perfectly normal. Refuse guy goes to pick up the garbage, and gives the lil lady a poke. Office executive bends the admin over the desk... Social norm all the way - so much so, its written into law (for the police anyway)
    Well, the problem with that is, women often have difficulty restraining their sexual urges around police officers. With women basically throwing themselves at the police, it's hard for them to do their job.

Which is why its illegal in some states.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The study, titled "Shame and Guilt in the Aftermath of Sexual Attack", verifies much of what we know about the mental health of rape victims. However, one observation in particular is raising eyebrows. After analyzing the anonymous transcripts of over 5,000 post-rape counseling sessions, the authors point out that almost all female rape victims experience orgasm during the attack.
    That's true also. It can't be rape if she enjoyed it

Food for thought also, some 75% of women can't orgasm through intercourse alone. Unless apparently its rape
    Last edited by TheTexan; 11-02-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    25,000 U.S soldiers must enter United States of America.