Thread: ex paypal staff working on Initiative Q

ex paypal staff working on Initiative Q

I have no idea if this will get legs or not, some past paypal staff is working on a new payment solution. They say it's not crypto, but it will borrow things from crypto. They actually don't give many details at all, wanting people to sign up, refer a friend and get free Q coins for something down the road. Since they don't ask for much info, don't ask for any money, it seems like a simple enough risk.

I did the same with ripple years ago and earned thousands from that.

Anyways.. I'll pander. Each person can get 10 referrals, so hey friends... sign up. I'll cancel my referral link when my refers are full and someone else can then post one. Here is their wording :

Initiative Q is building a new payment network. To get people to adopt it, they’re giving away significant sums of their future currency to early people. They require only name, email, and an invite from an existing user. Here’s my invite link:

Use one of the URLs of our RP Forum members below!
    Last edited by kpitcher; 11-04-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    I have no idea if this will get legs or not, some past paypal staff is working on a new payment solution. They say it's not crypto, but it will borrow things from crypto. They actually don't give many details at all, wanting people to sign up, refer a friend and get free Q coins for something down the road. Since they don't ask for much info, don't ask for any money, it seems like a simple enough risk.

Anyways.. I'll pander. Each person can get 10 referrals, so hey friends... sign up. I'll cancel my referral link when my refers are full and someone else can then post one. Here is their wording :

Initiative Q is building a new payment network. To get people to adopt it, they’re giving away significant sums of their future currency to early people. They require only name, email, and an invite from an existing user. Here’s my invite link:

https://initiativeq.com/invite/H-DbVaPnX
    Feel free to sign back in and verify me.

Done,

When you get full, send them my way:

Here is my invite link: https://initiativeq.com/invite/BNd9GadnQ
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Done.

You can verify me.

When the OP and Danke run out here is my link: https://initiativeq.com/invite/Sx-Zf0O3Q
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Done.

Please go ahead and verify me.

Here's my link for when the others run out:

https://initiativeq.com/invite/SIqHi0O3m
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I've been looking into this:

We already have access to some amazing technology. Our smartphones include fingerprint sensors, GPS, a camera and microphone that can recognize our face and voice, as well as the most advanced encryption capabilities. These can be used to implement highly secure multi-factor authentication methods, which would make it far more difficult to steal our identity.
    Compared to the very crude Address Verification Service (AVS) used by credit cards, which only compares the digits of the billing address, the Q payment network will be able to verify more information at higher accuracy, and incorporate more modern information sources, such as social media accounts.
    Initiative Q can also employ the latest algorithms to analyze individuals’ digital behavior — technology currently offered by companies such as Forter and Riskified, but only used in only a small fraction of transactions.
    The use of a centralized payment page for all Q users will help establish patterns of appropriate and inappropriate behavior, leading to a far more reliable fraud assessment than any individual seller could accumulate alone.

One of the main causes for complexity in payments is the need to comply with regulation for prevention of money laundering. This is why international wires can take days and cost $20-100 each.
    The Q currency resides solely on the Q network, and therefore each Q can be tracked to its source, eliminating the need for AML procedures, and paving the way for instantaneous cross-border money transfers.

Today, a large portion of purchases occur as a result of the seller’s marketing efforts, even though nearly all of those efforts are unsuccessful. This means consumers are constantly bombarded with useless messages, draining their time and attention, and increasing product prices.
    Through advanced analysis of buyer profiles and transaction history, Initiative Q can transform market dynamics: instead of sellers aggressively convincing consumers they need their products, the focus will shift to identifying real customer needs, and finding the products that best fulfill those needs.

More at: https://initiativeq.com/knowledge/payment-network

If this does get off the ground I may sell out at a discount to someone here.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You have to perform certain tasks before you become eligible to get paid in "Q"s which currently don't even exist.

https://initiativeq.com/FAQ#Obtaining

Why am I required to complete tasks to reserve my full Q reward?

Initiative Q’s unique rewards model is what allows it to overcome the adoption barrier that has impeded previous payment technologies. It encourages fast adoption of advanced payment technologies, while others struggle to attract new users.

Initiative Q will be giving free currency to incentivize actions that help the system grow. That includes tasks such as: registration and verification of friends, installing the Q application, adding information, making purchases, etc. These tasks are in everyone’s interests, as they will help Initiative Q grow, and reach the target of releasing all Qs to members at a value of around one USD per Q.
    The app you are required to download is currently scheduled for 2021 according to their timeline. https://initiativeq.com/timeline

What happens if not enough people sign up?

Initiative Q needs many committed users to ensure a meaningful network of buyers and sellers. If a critical mass is not reached, the project may not go forward. Because the rewards are only valuable once the system is functional, it is in everyone’s interest to get others to join.
    They want their value to be one Q to a dollar yet they say the are going to release two trillion of them. And that is only the beginning. There will be more.

How many Qs are there? Who holds them?

Two trillion Qs will be issued, to be distributed as follows:

80% are expected to be distributed as incentives — to encourage user activity and promote network growth. Around half of the incentives are reserved for buyers, and the rest for sellers, agents, contributors, and to incentivize growth-supporting activities within the Q network.

10% are assigned to the Initiative Q payment company, for the purpose of funding development of the world’s most advanced payment network.

10% are assigned to the Q monetary committee monetary reserves. These will be gradually converted to other currencies and financial assets, allowing any Q member to easily convert to other currencies if needed. Monetary committee members will be compensated according to industry standards.

Once the initial 2 trillion Q are fully distributed, the monetary committee may create and distribute new Qs in order to keep the money supply in line with economic activity and to maintain stability, as outlined in the economic model.
    Only eight countries in the entire world have a GDP of $2 trillion or more.

The US M1 Money Supply is $3.7 trillion. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M1SL

M1 includes funds that are readily accessible for spending. M1 consists of: (1) currency outside the U.S. Treasury, Federal Reserve Banks, and the vaults of depository institutions; (2) traveler's checks of nonbank issuers; (3) demand deposits; and (4) other checkable deposits (OCDs), which consist primarily of negotiable order of withdrawal (NOW) accounts at depository institutions and credit union share draft accounts. Seasonally adjusted M1 is calculated by summing currency, traveler's checks, demand deposits, and OCDs, each seasonally adjusted separately.
    They think they will be worth more than twice the value of every crypto currency combined.

An alternative data point is the value of cryptocurrencies which peaked at nearly $1 trillion, despite hardly being used for real payments (nearly all activity is speculation).
    and all credit cards in the US.

It is realistic to expect that such a network would eventually overtake credit cards, which account for $20 trillion in annual transactions.
    The other big catch to their plan is that they say they want to get all these Q's out to early subscribers to create the market for them to be used. But then they also say they will not release them to you until that market is established. Catch-22 problem.

Since payment systems involve a network of buyers and sellers, a new technology only brings value once it is widely adopted buyers first want to see many sellers offering it, and vice versa.
    Once the system is functional, the Qs reserved for you will be released gradually, and you will then be able to use them for any kind of payment or exchange: purchases, sales, rentals, investments, etc.
    Business won't adopt it unless they see enough demand but you won't get any Q to use unless enough businesses adopt it first.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-01-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Paypal did the same basic thing back in the day, they gave $10 to refer a friend, and the friend got $10 also. In this case it doesn't cost them any up front money
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I changed the OP, please use one of the links of other forum members above. Thank you guys! If this ever does have a monetary value I'll look back and send xmas cards

Interesting, the steps get harder to collect more Q. The first invite friends wasn't bad, get a chunk of Q that may be worth something. However to get in the upper numbers of Q.. over 50K, it becomes a challenge.

"This time you will reserve Qs only for new members that your friends invite and verify. For the next 28 days you will secure 3,788 for each such new member, starting with the 41st invitee and ending with the 120th. "

How very MLM of them.

Interesting, the steps get harder to collect more Q. The first invite friends wasn't bad, get a chunk of Q that may be worth something. However to get in the upper numbers of Q.. over 50K, it becomes a challenge.

"This time you will reserve Qs only for new members that your friends invite and verify. For the next 28 days you will secure 3,788 for each such new member, starting with the 41st invitee and ending with the 120th. "

How very MLM of them.
    Yeah, I read that. Those who sign up early get a bigger cut of what doesn't even exist yet than those who sign up later. Then you have to get all your friends personal and financial information filed to them before you even have a shot at anything.

Why is the signup reward constantly decreasing?

Joining after the Q payment network has been widely adopted requires little external motivation, since once the adoption challenge is solved people will value the better technology, convenience and cost. Signing up after millions have joined is also an easy decision, since you already know there's a good chance the project will succeed, and the reward will become valuable.

But joining at the very early stages requires real vision and foresight. We want to compensate our members accordingly.

Why am I required to complete tasks to reserve my full Q reward?

Initiative Q’s unique rewards model is what allows it to overcome the adoption barrier that has impeded previous payment technologies. It encourages fast adoption of advanced payment technologies, while others struggle to attract new users.

Initiative Q will be giving free currency to incentivize actions that help the system grow. That includes tasks such as: registration and verification of friends, installing the Q application, adding information, making purchases, etc. These tasks are in everyone’s interests, as they will help Initiative Q grow, and reach the target of releasing all Qs to members at a value of around one USD per Q.
    But hey- they say they will be worth $2 trillion dollars! (two trillion Q's released with a "hoped for" value of $1 each) with even more Q's in the future!

Therefore, the total future value of Qs could reach a few trillion dollars. Since there are currently 2 trillion Qs, the goal of one US dollar per Q is achievable.
    If all the bitcoins were ever mined and their value reached $100,000 each, that would be about $2 trillion.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-04-2018 at 08:49 PM.