View Poll Results: How Many House Seats Will The Democrats Gain?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • None/They'll Lose Seats

4 20.00%
  • 1-10

6 30.00%
  • 11-20

4 20.00%
  • 21-30 (Dems take the House)

1 5.00%
  • 31-40

4 20.00%
  • 41-50

0 0%
  • 51-60

0 0%
  • 61-70

1 5.00%
  • 71-80

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midterm Predictions: 6 Days Out

Midterm Predictions: 6 Days Out

Vote hard

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My prediction? No matter who wins, liberty will lose.

Vote hard.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Blue Ebb Tide.

The Demoncrats will lose seats in the Senate and fail to take the House.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    No matter who wins, liberty will lose.
    Well that's a given, but the show must go on.

A Red Tsunami.

Liberals will be the biggest losers, of which they have proven they are.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I want Republicans to have just one seat majority for the leftist super meltdown
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    I want Republicans to have just one seat majority for the leftist super meltdown
    The meltdown would be even better if the Republicans gain seats in the House.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Well that's a given, but the show must go on.

And on, and on, and ...
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm predicting a red wave.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

One of the first two would be my guess , house incumbents rarely lose .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    One of the first two would be my guess , house incumbents rarely lose .
    There is a risk because so many R incumbents retired to try and give the Demoncrats a chance to take the House.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm going to be legitimately shocked if Pelosi ends up being Speaker of the House.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

If the Senate gets 60 Rs the leftist will move to canada LOL
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

I'm gonna stick with my original prediction from Sept, and the polls have narrowed since then so I'm even more confident.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    I think they could lose ~10-15 due to the midterm curse but think Republican voters aren't gonna treat this like a midterm, more like a presidential election and turn out more than in the past.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

I'm gonna stick with my original prediction from Sept, and the polls have narrowed since then so I'm even more confident.
    I’m with you

Gonna lose a handful of seats but still retain the House.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Russian roulette with all 6 loaded? Then I’d be accused of colluding with the Russians!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Best guess Dems pick up 30-40 and just take the House.

Like 1% chance Dems pick up fewer than 10 like the votes in this poll are saying right now.

I predict the Dems get buried.

Unless a bunch of dead people and illegals vote.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'm going to be legitimately shocked if Pelosi ends up being Speaker of the House.
    There's a fairly good chance that Pelosi won't be Speaker (at all or for long) even if the Dems takes the House.

She's about as popular among Dems as Jeb Bush is among GOPers.

Dems will just eke out a majority in the House, while the GOP will hold on to the senate.

Status quo, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I predict the Dems get buried.

Unless a bunch of dead people and illegals vote.
    I'm betting on dead people- it IS Halloween, after all.
    There is no spoon.

I hope the libertarian party is ready to take advantage of the situation when the democratic party craps the bed. It would be nice to have a party that says it wants to shrink government versus a party that actually wants to shrink government, without all the static and interference from the party that openly and unabashedly wants to grow it. Good riddance to the donkey party.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Best guess Dems pick up 30-40 and just take the House.

Like 1% chance Dems pick up fewer than 10 like the votes in this poll are saying right now.
    40 seems like a lot . Consider there would be some states where they would likely gain none that means two or more from ea of the other states . They already own all the seats in the communist east and west coast states and large population centers so no gains there . What am I missing ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    40 seems like a lot . Consider there would be some states where they would likely gain none that means two or more from ea of the other states . They already own all the seats in the communist east and west coast states and large population centers so no gains there . What am I missing ?
    538's model currently has the most likely outcome at 39.

Personally, I think it'll be a bit less than that, low 30s.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    538's model currently has the most likely outcome at 39.

Personally, I think it'll be a bit less than that, low 30s.
    Heres how Nate Silver describes his own model on the House election....

For instance, when we launched the 2018 House forecast, Democrats’ chances of winning the House were about 7 in 10 — right about what Hillary Clinton’s chances were on election night in 2016! So ignore those probabilities at your peril.

In Senate and gubernatorial races, most states have abundant polling. But this is less true in the House, where districts are polled sporadically and polling can be an adventure because of small sample sizes and the demographic peculiarities of each district.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/methodol...e-models-work/

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Supermajority House and Senate
    GOP

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I hope the libertarian party is ready to take advantage of the situation when the democratic party craps the bed. It would be nice to have a party that says it wants to shrink government versus a party that actually wants to shrink government, without all the static and interference from the party that openly and unabashedly wants to grow it. Good riddance to the donkey party.
    This is a likely scenario. The death of the DNC is about 6 days away. I am not kidding, when I say, they may not be able to field a presidential candidate in 2024. When losing happens, the losers turn on each other, and blame each other. But, by 2024, I am sure the GOP will be a hated, bloated monster.

Heres how Nate Silver describes his own model on the House election....

https://fivethirtyeight.com/methodol...e-models-work/

What's funny is I consider Silver's analysis of the Trump race the single most impressive thing he has done. Nate Silver kind of was right about Trump and Hillary. Trump barely won. Most models had Hillary at like 95%+. Silver got a ridiculous amount of heat for skewing the odds in Trumps direction. It turned out he knew what he doing.

For example. here the criticism he got right before the election. Nate Silver Is Unskewing Polls — All Of Them — In Trump’s Direction

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0d9ce6fbc6f7f

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    This is a likely scenario. The death of the DNC is about 6 days away. I am not kidding, when I say, they may not be able to field a presidential candidate in 2024. When losing happens, the losers turn on each other, and blame each other. But, by 2024, I am sure the GOP will be a hated, bloated monster.
    If John James wins the senate seat... then 2024 Presidential Candidate.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    If John James wins the senate seat... then 2024 Presidential Candidate.
    Tim Kaine thinks his seat is safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast