Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone do any Trapping?

Anyone do any Trapping?

I'm gonna run a small trap line this weekend to kick the season off. Mostly looking for coons.

Was wondering if anyone else in here did any trapping.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am an experienced trapper but I do not fool with coons , well except the ones that try and get into my chickens and I trap them with a leg trap that I bait with cracked corn & scratch grains . When I was young we sold a lot of muskrats and foxes , but I hunted a lot of foxes with just a predator call at night .
    Do something Danke

Used to, years ago as a youngster. Mostly for nuisance animals though.
    "The Patriarch"

Coyote and fox season here open 10/15 , Coons 11/08 , bobcats and badgers are protected . I have trapped probably everything legal here except otters
    Do something Danke

Coyotes make excellent coats and rugs .
    Do something Danke

Where you at oyarde? I'm in TX... About all I've got running across my place in any quantity is coyotes, coons, and skunks.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I know a guy over by Greensburg that traps coons . He sends them to a buyer in Canada every summer last I knew .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Coyotes make excellent coats and rugs .
    I'm aiming to make some blankets or throws depending on how the season goes

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Where you at oyarde? I'm in TX... About all I've got running across my place in any quantity is coyotes, coons, and skunks.
    Here in Southern In on my properties I have bobcat , coons , skunks , possum , red fox , coyote , gray fox , frogs , doves , ducks , geese , deer , lions , mink , weasel , squirrels , rabbits , hawks , eagles , badgers ,muskrat , groundhogs , fish , Bigfoot, Crows , turkeys etc . Here no license is needed on your property to remove nuisance coons , squirrels , chipmunks , muskrat, skunks , possums , ground hogs , beaver , mink , weasel , fox , coyotes , moles or voles . The Grouse are pretty well all gone , they were always very few and always very cyclical . I sometimes get an occasional Woodcock while hunting quail on the creek and river edges near the ol' family farm . I have to drive North ( up towards Purdue ) to hunt Pheasant .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-03-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    Do something Danke

We are not allowed to keep , trade or barter live coyotes . They must be dispatched . Seems kind of unAmerican . I should be able to drop off a few hungry coyotes in Dankes yard and then quote him a fee to remove them .
    Do something Danke

I always put my muskrat and beaver sets under the water . For coyotes sets I like to find a deer carcass , I know they will be back the next night , For foxes I would set up at the edge of the field where the dens are and use a predator call and just shoot them right before they ended up in my lap .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-30-2018 at 10:21 PM.
    Do something Danke

In Texas maybe you can bag a Chupacabra .
    Do something Danke

We eat a lot of squirrels here . I used to send squirrel tails to Mepps fishing lure co and take the credit back in panfish lures .
    Do something Danke

We eat a lot of squirrels here . I used to send squirrel tails to Mepps fishing lure co and take the credit back in panfish lures .
    I thought about skinning some squirrels and making some stuff with it.....idk if its worth the trouble, but I know a few folks who sell the tails to Mepps too.
    I may try to snare some cottontails. I'm building a small house for my family, and I think when its finished (hopefully December) we're going to try to use the furs as decor. I don't really think wall hangers, but I think blankets and throws will be what I do, so I think coons, coyotes, and maybe cottontails may be all i keep this season.

Trapped a few nuisance beavers over the years.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    i hate the fact that beavers can be pests. They are adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    I'm gonna run a small trap line this weekend to kick the season off. Mostly looking for coons.

Was wondering if anyone else in here did any trapping.
    I only date real women.
    Last edited by kahless; 10-31-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Muskrats.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Coyote and fox season here open 10/15 , Coons 11/08 , bobcats and badgers are protected . I have trapped probably everything legal here except otters
    You still trading with the French?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Did you buy them a house?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

We are not allowed to keep , trade or barter live coyotes . They must be dispatched . Seems kind of unAmerican . I should be able to drop off a few hungry coyotes in Dankes yard and then quote him a fee to remove them .
    That seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    You have no idea how close that is to my experience.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You still trading with the French?
    Only if I see an opportunity to overcharge them .
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I often slightly overcharge foreigners as it allows me to give discounts to midwesterners and such . I call it the Oyarde Tariff .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    They are fun to watch . If you have them though you have to be on high ground or you end up with floodwaters where you do not want it . They are though good for creating waterfowl habitat in places of no human population . Some med rare duck breast cooked on an open fire is very tasty . There is a place I fish for Crappie , Smallmouth etc in Jackson Co In that has beavers . It tickles me when they slap the water hard and dive .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-03-2018 at 07:37 PM.
    Do something Danke

Getting to be that time again!

I trap the sh!t out of squirrels - both ground, and tree.

I leave em out for the 'yotes though.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

My family used to have mouse traps scattered all over our house back in the early 2000s when we had a rat/mouse problem.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    My family used to have mouse traps scattered all over our house back in the early 2000s when we had a rat/mouse problem.
    You should post some recipes .
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast