Thread: A President’s E.O. can end birthright citizenship

A President’s E.O. can end birthright citizenship

My living constitution says in article 1, section 8, “the president has authority To establish a uniform rule of naturalization”. As I continue to read, i learn the 14th amendment basically says “the president decides all persons born or naturalized in the United States, especially when subject to jurisdiction of other nations, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.”

Finally we have a president who won’t overstep their constitutional authority directed in my living constitution. The possible trump executive order is needed because Congress has no authority relating to citizenship.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Despite the fact that Lindsey Grahan will introduce a bill in the Senate to back DJT up on this,
    the ACLU will fight this all the way up to the U.S Supreme Court. We have the vote in a week
    that could change the composition of Congress. We also are inside the most corrupt Republican
    Administration in our nation's history. Expect 2019 to be quite eventful at this rate, just saying!

Did Congress ever pass a law creating birthright citizenship?
    As far as I know it was legislated from the bench.

If it is unconstitutional as some argue then Trump can simply order the executive branch to follow the Constitution instead of the unconstitutional judicial ruling.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Take away the incentives and watch the migrant hordes disappear.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

If it is unconstitutional as some argue then Trump can simply order the executive branch to follow the Constitution instead of the unconstitutional judicial ruling.

Wonderful point. This makes my OP invalid. Thanks for commenting and clearing this issue

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Did Congress ever pass a law creating birthright citizenship?
    As far as I know it was legislated from the bench.

Agreed, and as mentioned (op);
    the president decides all persons born or naturalized in the United States, especially when subject to jurisdiction of other nations, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.”

This statement further affirms the obvious meaning of ''subject to the jurisdiction of the United States..."-
    Anchor babies and illegal immigrant babies are not US Citizens, their parents are not subject to the jurisdiction
    of the US , they are subject to the jurisdiction of their respective origin.

The Constitution matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Agreed,
    I have written this a thousand times; all incentives, as well as the need to 'shut down' sanctuary cities
    and jail offending employers, 'the wall' will never be the defining cure' .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    My living constitution says in article 1, section 8, “the president has authority To establish a uniform rule of naturalization”. As I continue to read, i learn the 14th amendment basically says “the president decides all persons born or naturalized in the United States, especially when subject to jurisdiction of other nations, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.”

Finally we have a president who won’t overstep their constitutional authority directed in my living constitution. The possible trump executive order is needed because Congress has no authority relating to citizenship.
    Actually in the real Constitution, it is Congress, not the President who has the power "To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;" https://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec8.html

Naturalization being the process of those who did not receive citizenship by birth becoming citizens.

For a civic national identity to have any hope of working, citizenship needs to be something one works for. Birthright citizenship is a disaster that is hastening the destruction of multiracial and multicultural societies.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.