2 13.33%
  • 80%

1 6.67%
  • 90%

2 13.33%
  • None

2 13.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many posters are here to oppose the site's mission?

Where's the Poll option for "Swordsmyth"
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Alt-right is a loaded term with no meaning anymore..

Originally it was some anti-establishment people on the right in the independent media who liked Trump and wanted to enforce immigration laws.

Naturally, some followers of the alt-right who were further toward the white nationalist spectrum latched on, some much further than others.

Then a bunch of Feds decided to plan a Unite the Right rally during a statue removal protest and tried to invite a bunch of mainstream people in the alt-right, including Jewish people.. Word got out, and the more mainstream folks declined because they found out who was promoting it.. and so the rally consisted of some folks who didn't want the statue to come down along with a bunch of white nationalist neo-nazi types who followed said douchebag. It was probably about 80, less than half the crowd, but they carried around a bunch of tiki torches, then the media then proclaimed that was the face of the "alt-right"... which completely ruined something that could have been good, but was easily destroyed. Similar to how the Tea Party we started was corrupted by Fox News, but instead of destroying it they adjusted it more to their liking. Fortunately Rand was still able to capitalize on it.
    ^ This.

The fact is that ANY message can have extreme supporters. If the Progressives want a progressive income tax, naturally communists will gravitate toward that. If the Alt-Right has a message of Immigration restrictions that highly effect Central American's...naturally White Nationalists will find keeping "brown" people out is appealing.

Also the message of freedom of association has always been bastardized by Neo-Nazis who like that it allows them to use it to push discrimination.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    You do know a well timed moneybomb that gets a pass-around-the-hat-fund up
    and available could impact Rep. Thomas Massie's tight House race in a good way.
    If more than 20 of us chip in 5 bucks, he gets 100 bucks. Doing 500 new posts is
    simply an exercise in diligence that has only a narrow audience. We cannot do a
    big moneybomb. The past tense of this is painful as we hone our debater skills.

So I can and have always been on board with politicians who I trust are truly principled. I supported the moneybombs as best I could during the Ron Paul runs and would do so again. The problem is that I can count on one hand the politicians in Congress and elsewhere I would trust and who are in it for the right reasons. Massie is a guy I trust has his heart in the right place and would gladly support him and would even take the time to vote for him if he was in my district.

HOWEVER, People put WAY too much emphasis on believing that pulling a lever every 4 years is the greatest civic duty you have. Far from it so excuse me if I reserve the right to not vote at all and weigh that decision very heavily. If anything over the last 15 years, I've learned Voting means nothing about 99% of the time but being civic minded in the local community with industry means EVERYTHING.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Well so far 15 percent think it is less than 20 percent . 85 percent believe at a minimum that 2 in 10 posters oppose the mission . That is not very good considering the overall low number of active posters .

So far, there are only 13 votes in the poll.
    We had over 4900 to 5000 people online
    at one time when this site had real activity.

Almost 5000 people online at the same exact second back in 2015!
    Loosely 7000 people have visited here over the past 24 hours but
    only roughly 175 people are members. We have more lurkers than
    we do active members. Odds are, we tend to cover just about all the
    sides in any debate. Loosely 1/3rd of us think the other two thirds of
    us who are active may be contradicting the mission statement. One
    third of us think a very small percentage of us are flagrant violaters.
    A third of us have the split closer to 50/50 if I am going by the poll.

10000% of posters

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Where's the Poll option for "Swordsmyth"
    He supports the mission

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    So far, there are only 13 votes in the poll.
    We had over 4900 to 5000 people online
    at one time when this site had real activity.
    Chalk that up as measuring whether to vote in this poll is really important or not.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    He supports the mission

I suppose that would depend entirely upon which "mission" one is referring to.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12