Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pittsburgh synagogue shooting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mike4Freedom View Post
    Yes someone paid for my account and then had a post frequency of one post every few weeks. /s
    Ya never know these days.

You didn't answer my original question though.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Ya never know these days.

You didn't answer my original question though.
    To your original question. Yes. The guy is an old Jew that lives up the street from me. Friend might be a strong word, when we are out with the kids we see him out a lot, he is always walking. Half the population here in squirrel hill is Jewish. So a lot of them all know each other.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I mean, are we even sure that Pittsburgh exists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Pittsburgh is a corporation name so no it doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike4Freedom View Post
    To your original question. Yes. The guy is an old Jew that lives up the street from me. Friend might be a strong word, when we are out with the kids we see him out a lot, he is always walking. Half the population here in squirrel hill is Jewish. So a lot of them all know each other.
    OK I'll take your word for it. Thanks for replying.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-10-2018 at 09:40 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Come to think of it, I have never seen Pittsburgh and New York City in the same place at the time ... hmmmmmm ...

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    But the glasses, man! One of them wears glasses! ( fans of the Tick's live action show on Fox, and maybe a few Superman fans will get it.)
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcnlqv

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-10-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Come to think of it, I have never seen Pittsburgh and New York City in the same place at the time ... hmmmmmm ...

But the glasses, man! One of them wears glasses! ( fans of the Tick's live action show on Fox, and maybe a few Superman fans will get it.)
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

This Foxnews article might be somewhat historic, not everyday one sees "love one another" boardcast from this media outlet:

Published 20 hours ago

After Pittsburgh synagogue shooting we must reject religious hatred and love one another

By Jentezen Franklin | Fox News

Rabbi Motti Selligson shares his reaction to the tragic shooting at Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, and gives some insight into how we should respond and deal with religious hate in today's world.

Three weeks ago, the poisonous hatred of anti-Semitism was on full display when a man who said he was on a mission to “kill all the Jews” stormed into the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, killed 11 worshipers, injured two others and wounded four police officers who heroically responded to the attack.
    Innocent people peacefully practicing their right to worship were gunned down in their own synagogue in the deadliest anti-Semitic attack in American history.
    As a Christian pastor, I have never been the target of anti-Semitism. What is it like to live in fear of being hunted and killed simply because of your heritage or religion? I can’t even begin to imagine. I’ve been fortunate to never have to live with that fear every waking moment of my life.
    That was the daily reality for Jews in Europe under Nazi rule during the Holocaust, when German dictator Adolf Hitler embraced the immoral ideology of anti-Semitism and ordered the slaughter of 6 million Jews – the largest massacre targeted against any one group of people in history.
    Tragically, as the mass murder at the Pittsburgh synagogue showed, the evil of anti-Semitism is still with us. And recently anti-Semitism has emerged as an ever-present reality for Jews around the world.
    Chants of “Death to Israel” are the norm in Iran, a nation whose leaders vow to wipe Israel off the map. And even Britain is dealing with anti-Semitism, seeing an uptick in incidents as the Labor Party leader himself has made disparaging comments toward Jews.
    Religious leaders and politicians in America are on record saying horrific things as well, with a U.S. congressional candidate calling Israel “evil.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/afte...ve-one-another

Feds back off claim man said synagogue attack was 'a dry run'

A U.S. Attorney's filing appears to back off a claim that suspect Jeffrey R. Clark said the synagogue attack was a 'dry run.'

People pay their respects at a memorial outside the Tree of Life synagogue following the shooting in Pittsburgh on Oct. 29, 2018.Brendan Smialowsk / AFP - Getty Images
    Nov. 15, 2018

By Dennis Romero
    The U.S. Attorney's office in Washington Thursday appeared to back off its claim that a suspect said to be social media friends with Pittsburgh synagogue shooting suspect Robert Bowers stated online that the massacre "was just a dry run for things to come."
    But federal prosecutors still want Jeffrey R. Clark behind bars.
    The clarification came in a pretrial detention memo filed after an NBC News analysis published Wednesday revealed that Clark posed that statement Oct. 26 — a day before the synagogue attack in Pittsburgh. The post rather was likely referring to the pipe bombs that were mailed to various high-profile critics of the Trump administration, the FBI filing indicated.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...ry-run-n936991

Swastika painted on Duke University mural honoring synagogue massacre victims

By Samuel Chamberlain | Fox News

A swastika is seen covering a Star of David that was painted as part of a tribute mural on the campus of Duke University in Durham, N.C. (Facebook/Olivia Levine)

Duke University's president condemned what he called a "craven and cowardly act of vandalism" Monday after a swastika was found on a mural honoring victims of last month's Pittsburgh synagogue massacre.
    The Nazi symbol was painted over a Star of David on the wall of a tunnel underneath the East Campus Bridge at the North Carolina college. The area is a popular space for students to paint messages ranging from campus event promotions to memorials.
    In a message to the Duke community, university President Vincent E. Price wrote that security would be stepped up at several locations, including the Freeman Center for Jewish Life.
    "That such a craven and cowardly act of vandalism -- a desecration of a memorial to individuals who were killed because they were Jewish and practicing their faith -- should happen anywhere is extremely distressing," he wrote. "That it should occur in such a visible, public location at Duke should be a matter of grave concern to us all."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/swastika-...ssacre-victims

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Swastika painted on Duke University mural honoring synagogue massacre victims

By Samuel Chamberlain | Fox News

A swastika is seen covering a Star of David that was painted as part of a tribute mural on the campus of Duke University in Durham, N.C. (Facebook/Olivia Levine)

Duke University's president condemned what he called a "craven and cowardly act of vandalism" Monday after a swastika was found on a mural honoring victims of last month's Pittsburgh synagogue massacre.
    The Nazi symbol was painted over a Star of David on the wall of a tunnel underneath the East Campus Bridge at the North Carolina college. The area is a popular space for students to paint messages ranging from campus event promotions to memorials.
    In a message to the Duke community, university President Vincent E. Price wrote that security would be stepped up at several locations, including the Freeman Center for Jewish Life.
    "That such a craven and cowardly act of vandalism -- a desecration of a memorial to individuals who were killed because they were Jewish and practicing their faith -- should happen anywhere is extremely distressing," he wrote. "That it should occur in such a visible, public location at Duke should be a matter of grave concern to us all."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/swastika-...ssacre-victims
    It probably was painted there by a liberal, most of the times that they catch the perp it turns out to be a liberal.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It probably was painted there by a liberal, most of the times that they catch the perp it turns out to be a liberal.
    Don't you mean it was probably painted by a jewish person? Almost every instance of such things turns out to be self-inflicted. May be liberal, may not.

Don't you mean it was probably painted by a jewish person? Almost every instance of such things turns out to be self-inflicted. May be liberal, may not.
    Possibly but I have seen stories where it was a black or some other non-jewish liberal.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The last public instance was a black guy in NY. I supposed he could have been jewish, but I doubt it.

There are no conservatives on the scene anywhere areally, mainstream politics battles are between left-wing liberals and right wing liberals/RINOS etc. Chances of any conservatives being on college sence are even slimmer.

This is an attack on each and every one of us and we don't know it. Even murderers don't get their bank account closed.

One of the survivors was at the SOTU.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Another shooting in CA being reported:

Multiple People Injured At California Synagogue Shooting

By Kate Riga
    April 27, 2019 4:00 pm

Multiple people have been shot at a synagogue in Poway, California.

According to the Poway sheriff’s office, a suspect has been detained.
    Update #1: A man has been detained for questioning in connection with a shooting incident at the Chabad of Poway synagogue. @SDSOPoway Deputies were called to Chabad Way just before 11:30 a.m. There are injuries. This is a developing situation.
    — Poway Station (@SDSOPoway) April 27, 2019

Pittsburgh synagogue mass shooter found guilty on 63 counts, prosecutors seek death penalty
    The jury deliberated for less than one day, and will next weigh if Bowers should be sentenced to death.
    https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...y-on-63-counts
    Hannah Nightingale (16 June 2023)

On Friday, Robert Bowers was found guilty by a jury on all 63 charges stemming from the 2018 mass shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue which saw the deaths of 11 worshipers.

The charges included 11 counts of hate crimes resulting in death. The jury deliberated for less than one day, and will next weigh if Bowers should be sentenced to death, according to ABC News.

On October 27, 2018, Bowers stormed into the Tree of Life synagogue, fatally shooting 11 people inside in what has been called the deadliest antisemitic attack in American history. Bowers allegedly told investigators that he wanted to kill Jewish people.

Bowers offered to plead guilty if prosecutors took the death penalty off the table, but they refused.

Prosecutors said Bowers moved "methodically" through the synagogue and shot many of his victims at close range, armed with a semi-automatic rifle.

During opening statements in May, defense attorney Judy Clarke admitted that Bowers had been the shooter and said he "shot every person he saw … and injured first responders who came to their rescue."

"There will be no question that this was a planned act and that he killed 11 people," she said, but she asked the jurors to "scrutinize his intent."

The jury was comprised of 11 women and seven men, including an intensive care nurse, a new father, and a veteran. The penalty phase of the case will begin in around a week.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pittsburgh synagogue shooter sentenced to death, more than 4½ years after he killed 11 in Squirrel Hill
    https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/202308020089
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123