Thread: If Ron Paul Had Become President

Question If Ron Paul Had Become President

Do you think if Ron had become President that he would have been able to get anything done? I think Ron would have had an even bigger fight on his hands than Trump does.

I am kinda glad that he did not have to go thru it. I think they would have taken him out if he had tried to end the FED and the IRS and we would all be in jail or 6ft under.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He wouldn't even make it to the inauguration as he would most likely be assassinated. If he were to live, I'd say he'd probably at least 20-30% of his agenda done. I wish it would be 100% but we gotta be realistic.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I'm pretty sure they would have impeached him on trumped up charges or killed him, since he was willing to take the risk I was willing to vote for him but it would have been a miracle if he survived and accomplished anything. (I also believe in miracles)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron didn't have the balls nor connections to pull this off. He would been given runarounds all the time at best.
    Last edited by timosman; 10-27-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Now if Ron has Trumps alpha male personality and ran his campaign the same way he did, it'd be a completely different story.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Now if Ron has Trumps alpha male personality and ran his campaign the same way he did, it'd be a completely different story.
    His staff didn't bribe enough people.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Do you think if Ron had become President that he would have been able to get anything done? I think Ron would have had an even bigger fight on his hands than Trump does.

I am kinda glad that he did not have to go thru it. I think they would have taken him out if he had tried to end the FED and the IRS and we would all be in jail or 6ft under.
    I agree 100 percent.

Theye would have destroyed him and his family.

Trump has billions of dollars at his command, private staff and security, a lifetime of being dragged through the mud, having slings and arrows hurled at him and a personality that seems to thrive on the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I agree 100 percent.

Theye would have destroyed him and his family.

Trump has billions of dollars at his command, private staff and security, a lifetime of being dragged through the mud, having slings and arrows hurled at him and a personality that seems to thrive on the drama.
    His attack was quick and sudden - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blitzkrieg
    He must also have double-crossed quite a few.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul would not have looted the public monies
    nor have had the levels of graft we see with DJT...

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump looks at Ron and his movement and thinks to himself. "Wow this guy and his movement are a bunch of pussies. All this idiot had to do was run his campaign like I did and he'd be sitting in my seat right now. No wonder I don't want to associate myself with his liberty movement. It's filled with a bunch of people who don't know how to win."

Calvin Coolidge

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump looks at Ron and his movement and thinks to himself. "Wow this guy and his movement are a bunch of pussies. All this idiot had to do was run his campaign like I did and he'd be sitting in my seat right now. No wonder I don't want to associate myself with his liberty movement. It's filled with a bunch of people who don't know how to win."
    Or he might look at us and say "they need a leader that can get some of their good ideas done" and work with Rand so he can take some credit for the good ideas.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

No doubt. They would accuse him of colluding with Russia, using the same game plan they used against Trump. Probably would have been worse in that respect since I do not believe Ron would have played ball with the Neocons on foreign policy as much as Trump has. So they would say he is in league or a puppet of Assad and Russia.

Much of the attacks would be the same as they used against Trump but instead of strippers and women, we would be hearing about the so called racist newsletters and painting Ron as a some sort of secret KKK member.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    No doubt. They would accuse him of colluding with Russia, using the same game plan they used against Trump. Probably would have been worse in that respect since I do not believe Ron would have played ball with the Neocons on foreign policy as much as Trump has. So they would say he is in league or a puppet of Assad and Russia.

Much of the attacks would be the same as they used against Trump but instead of strippers and women, we would be hearing about the so called racist newsletters and painting Ron as a some sort of secret KKK member.
    This is what happens when you are trying to explain yourself instead of laughing to their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    His staff didn't bribe enough people.
    I think Ron's staff completely sucked and I think they made sure he did not win.

I think Trump will be taken out.

I think Ron's staff completely sucked and I think they made sure he did not win.
    Now imagine Ron in the WhiteHouse and being played like a fiddle.
    Last edited by timosman; 10-27-2018 at 02:40 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He would have easily won had he had Collins running the campaign.

Ron Paul is my President.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Do you think if Ron had become President that he would have been able to get anything done?
    I kind of doubt he would have been able to get much of anything done, but he would have been a great president because of the things he wouldn't do. Of course he would be vilified for it, if you look at what "great" presidents have in common - like Lincoln and FDR - it's that they were able to get a lot of people killed. For some reason, "greatness" is somehow linked with getting a lot of Americans (and foreigners) killed.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Ron Paul is my President.

I respect WP's opinion. Beyond that, this thread is depressing except for this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I don't believe Dr. Paul would have been able to do one thing as President. Ron Paul wasn't raised with street smarts, he doesn't know how to fight like that. Trump on the other hand does. He trolls them all the time which causes them to step out of the shadows because of it. Example: Elizabeth Warren.

We have had over 100 years of corruption planted within. You cannot draw them out in a little over a year. The things that Trump has done thus far is trolled the democrats enough, that many of them have shown their true colors, and proven, to the people, they are not lovers of liberty.
    Last edited by donnay; 10-27-2018 at 08:08 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by agitator View Post
    He would have easily won had he had Collins running the campaign.
    This x1000
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
    I kind of doubt he would have been able to get much of anything done, but he would have been a great president because of the things he wouldn't do. Of course he would be vilified for it, if you look at what "great" presidents have in common - like Lincoln and FDR - it's that they were able to get a lot of people killed. For some reason, "greatness" is somehow linked with getting a lot of Americans (and foreigners) killed.
    I am pretty sure Ron would not have wanted to kill anyone and that would have made him quite a target for the deep state.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He would have faced opposition but not it the way Trump does. People would have had to actually debate policy differences rather than falling back on "He's a pompous ass" response. He wouldn't have been laughed at when he spoke in front of the U.N. cause he wouldn't have been bragging on himself. Simply saying "We are making great strides with peace with North Korea, Daesh is no longer wantonly operating in Syria and Iraq and all of this happened without committing massive ground forces showing that non-interventionism can work" would have been Ron's way. I think on the police brutality issues he would have said "I'm against police brutality and we need to get on with rolling back the drug war which is a large part of the problem." He wouldn't have demanded the NFL fire players that protest. In short, much of Trump's opposition is drummed up by Trump.

Of course Trump's bellicose style makes him the darling of much of the GOP. So many who support Trump would oppose Ron Paul. Trump got away with saying that George W. Bush could have prevented 9/11 and didn't. Ron got attacked from the right merely for suggesting that foreign policy was the problem and for having supporters who "believe the government was behind 9/11 or at least covered it up." It's funny that post Trump, Alex Jones went from "Everything is a false flag" to "The liberals are minimizing the threat from radical Islam and all these attacks are real."

Ron never would have appointed Jeff Sessions as attorney general, and the bipartisan effort to roll back the Clinton Crime Bill would be finished by now. He wouldn't be dragging his feet on rescheduling marijuana either. (Again, no Jeff Sessions). He would have pushed for a tax cut, but he wouldn't have insisted on a budget busting military spending increase to go with it. There would be NO talk from a President Ron Paul of a new assault weapons ban, like there has been from Trump, or even a bumpfire stock ban. He would agree with the Trump proposal of allowing teachers to be armed as that is similar to Ron's proposal, which was accepted, of allowing pilots to be armed post 9/11.

In short, I think the opposition would be a wash. There would be less opposition from democrats and independents and more opposition from the GOP even though Trump is far more liberal than Ron. Trump just has an angrier style that energizes his base more. I never remember Ron Paul getting angry. We got angry for him.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 10-27-2018 at 10:53 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Everything your wrote...
    Racist Newsletters!!! Autistic Screeching!!!

Game over.

It's funny that post Trump, Alex Jones went from "Everything is a false flag" to "The liberals are minimizing the threat from radical Islam and all these attacks are real."
    One of the many reasons I don't pay Jones any mind, anymore.

That made me sad...If only indeed.