Thread: Which Libertarian Candidates can win in 2018?

Which Libertarian Candidates can win in 2018?

Of all Libertarian candidates running in 2018, no matter if it’s national or state or local elections, which people have a realistic chance at winning their election or at the least, contending in their election? If anyone could offer some names and where/what the person is running for, I’d appreciate the help compiling this list.
    Thanks

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

NOT ALLOWED IN OHIO...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I'll be voting for a few (down ballot, local stuff), but they aren't going to win.

He has a good chance of winning, but he needs donations...

http://www.thomasmassie.com
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

For the first time since I started checking there are no 3rd party candidates, libertarian or otherwise, on the ballot in Tennessee. We have a boatload of independents running. (Seriously, more independents are running for governor and senator then there people running for the GOP or democratic nominations for those offices). I know nothing about any of these independents so none will get my vote. Maybe I'll write in the Collins.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    Of all Libertarian candidates running in 2018, no matter if it’s national or state or local elections, which people have a realistic chance at winning their election or at the least, contending in their election? If anyone could offer some names and where/what the person is running for, I’d appreciate the help compiling this list.
    Thanks
    As Dean mentioned, above, Gary Johnson is polling very well right now: the last poll had him at 28% vs. 36% for the Democrat, 10% for the Republican, and 26% undecided. Another poll, taken a few days before that, had similar numbers. However, there have apparently been no other polls since September 24th. Gary's candidacy has rejuvenated the LP in New Mexico, and they have a ton of candidates running this year.

He has a good chance of winning, but he needs donations...

http://www.thomasmassie.com
    I see what you did there. If only we could get a few more like him.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    As Dean mentioned, above, Gary Johnson is polling very well right now: the last poll had him at 28% vs. 36% for the Democrat, 10% for the Republican, and 26% undecided. Another poll, taken a few days before that, had similar numbers. However, there have apparently been no other polls since September 24th. Gary's candidacy has rejuvenated the LP in New Mexico, and they have a ton of candidates running this year.
    If nobody gets above 50% does that mean a runoff?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    If nobody gets above 50% does that mean a runoff?
    No. NM is not a runoff state.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    No. NM is not a runoff state.
    The GOP candidate should drop out and endorse GJ.

He should, but he won't. Instead, the GOP in New Mexico has called for Gary to drop out. But the Republican, Rich, cannot win.

Gun Owners of America just released their scorecard of the candidates. in New Mexico, Gary gets an A. Rich gets a C. New Mexico ranks #4 nationally in the number of guns per capita: New Mexicans love their guns. It's a rural state with a very scattered population. When I drive out to my property in NM, I rarely even see another pick-up on the road. I gas up at a station which has no attendant. People want protection.

If their percentages were reversed the Republicans including Fox News would call for exactly that.