Thread: Today , I picked up a

Today , I picked up a

Painting . It is an Anso Weise ( German , 1895 - 1986 ) , oh about 19" x 22 1/2 " . I always liked his work . This one is I believe of the Perlachturm in Augsburg Germany which I have seen before . It was originally about a 70 metre watchtower from the 10th century . I always wanted a Picasso but this will do until @Danke buys me one . I will probably try and pick this up on Wed if Danke will loan me about 35.00 for gas .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    No photo?
    I do not really own a camera . I thought of buying one once , but the thought of figuring out getting the picture put where I wanted it seemed like too much effort at the time.
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-23-2018 at 08:58 AM.
    Do something Danke

I feel your pain. I have a digital camera, and that works ok for me. But I can't figure out how to get pics from my phone to the internet so I don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I feel your pain. I have a digital camera, and that works ok for me. But I can't figure out how to get pics from my phone to the internet so I don't use it.
    There is actually an Anso Weise painting listed for sale on E bay for around 170.00 if I recall of a Church in Garmisch ( church of Grainau ) and the peak of The Zugspitze in the background . I like it too but I have been there is probably why . I laid up there on some weeks of leave once while getting healed up when I was younger. I think the one on ebay is about 20 inches . Someone in Arizona has it listed . I bought mine at a charity auction in Columbus , In . All of them I had seen before for auction were located in Germany . I once missed out on his portrait of a Bavarian man with pipe that went for 63.00 on an auction on the net . I did not see it until it was over or I would have had that one too .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-23-2018 at 02:39 PM.
    Do something Danke

Never been much of an art guy.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Never been much of an art guy.
    I am probably not as well , or , I do not like paying much for it is probably closer to it . Sometimes though something catches my eye . The retirement house here though is very small compared to the homes I raised all the kids in so not much wall space anyway that is not plastered by the Mrs with photos of grandchildren and great grandchildren. Still , 100 year old oil paintings of landscapes , rivers , barns etc in the 25 inch range or so I find kind of neat .
    Do something Danke

I picked up my painting today . I have it sitting in front of the front door right now ( I never use that door ) . Pretty cool .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have you noticed that the tower looks like it has a face ?

I am partial to works by the Wyeths, Winslow Homer, and I have a bunch of this fellow's work: Ludlow Thorston, who I believe is still alive and painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I am partial to works by the Wyeths, Winslow Homer, and I have a bunch of this fellow's work: Ludlow Thorston, who I believe is still alive and painting.

Yes , I like that too.
    Do something Danke

I picked up this Van Gogh.
    After hearing about how the Banksy shredding stunt added to its value, I shredded it like Banksy to enhance its value.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.