Thread: Rand Paul: Saudi foreign minister has 'a lot of damn gall' lecturing me

Rand Paul: Saudi foreign minister has 'a lot of damn gall' lecturing me

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...gi/1726492002/
    Rand Paul: Saudi foreign minister has 'a lot of damn gall' lecturing me
    Phillip M. Bailey, Louisville Courier Journal
    Published 1:09 p.m. ET Oct. 22, 2018 | Updated 2:29 p.m. ET Oct. 22, 2018

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul said he won’t be lectured by Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister about America's scrutiny of the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

"It takes a lot of damn gall for Saudi Arabia — a dictatorship with 3,000 political prisoners held without trial — to lecture anyone in the U.S. on the presumption of innocence," Paul told the Courier Journal during a conference call with reporters on Monday....

...Paul reasserted Monday that the crown prince was involved and that the “thugs” who committed the murder will likely be executed to cover up the scandal. He said in a dictatorship rarely do those at the top of the not know what "their guards and their henchmen" are doing.

"Nothing happens in Saudi Arabia without the crown prince’s approval," Paul said. "I think it’s laughable and not credible to think that he was not involved in this."...

more https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ggi/1726492002
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...amal-khashoggi
    Rand Paul: Saudi prince will 'execute' anyone who can tie him to Jamal Khashoggi
    by Joel Gehrke
    October 22, 2018 01:36 PM

Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman will likely execute anyone who can tie him to the murder of a dissident journalist that has rocked U.S. relations with the monarchy, Sen. Rand Paul predicted Monday.

“The 15 people who actually committed the killing, they will quickly execute them or shuffle them off somewhere never to be seen again,” the Kentucky Republican told reporters on a conference call. “Anybody that can possibly say the crown prince is involved will probably be executed.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...amal-khashoggi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump and congress would have sanctioned the hell out of Putin had he been accused of this crime. I dunno why I said accused, since they've already admitted to the murder.

But dont forget people, Trump always says nice things about Russia and Putin. Sadly, his actions is all that count and not his cheap words. Still waiting for him to audit the fed

They'll shuffle those that did it off. They are loyalists. They'll find some stooges that resemble them and execute them on video. "See, all is good and Saud. We have executed those responsible and assure our good allies that this will never happen again. Here is $100 billion for arms. We good?"

video

Rand interviewed on CNN.
    https://twitter.com/OutFrontCNN/stat...17910998261760

Rand Paul: Saudi explanation of Khashoggi's death 'insulting'

By Megan Keller - 10/21/18 132

© Greg Nash

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Sunday that he does not believe Saudi Arabia's explanation of how dissident Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi died earlier this month.
    "Absolutely not, it’s insulting," Paul told "Fox News Sunday," when asked if he believed the Saudis' statement that Khashoggi died in a brawl gone wrong at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2.
    .@RandPaul on if he believes Saudi account of how Jamal Khashoggi died: “Absolutely not” pic.twitter.com/IX2Wgl5KeI
    — FoxNewsSunday (@FoxNewsSunday) October 21, 2018
    Turkish authorities have said they believe Saudi operatives murdered, tortured and dismembered Khashoggi when he entered the consulate that day, a claim the Saudis have denied.

On Friday, the Saudis acknowledged that Khashoggi died in the consulate, but said it was the result of a fight gone wrong.
    Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman told President Trump last week that he had no foreknowledge of Khashoggi's fate.
    Paul told "Fox News Sunday" he doesn't believe that.
    "I feel certain that the crown prince was involved," Paul said.
    "I think it stretches credulity to believe the crown prince wasn't involved in this," he added. "And I think that's the way they're gonna write this off."
    "People in Saudi Arabia ought to be aware that when you're told what to do, you go and do it, and then they'll execute you and put on the blame on someone else," he said.
    "There’s no way 15 people were sent to Turkey to kill a dissident without the approval of the crown prince," Paul said, referencing the 15 Saudis a pro-government Turkish paper alleged were involved in Khashoggi's disappearance. Saudi Arabia said 18 were arrested in connection with the incident.

"We have to be stronger than just saying, 'Oh, we're gonna sanction a few of these people and pretend like we're doing something,' " Paul said.
    "I think we really need to discontinue our arms sales to Saudi Arabia and have a long and serious discussion about whether or not they want to be an ally or they want to be an enemy."
    https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...eath-insulting

Related

Poll: Do you support US selling weapons to dictators who torture/dismember/kill journalists?

Rand almost took it too far when he said Saudi Arabia makes him look weak because we sold out of our American values. I thought he was going to say that Obama wouldn't cut arms sales with countries that act like barbarians. Doesn't Rand know that everyone is a sell out, we are just sell outs for 110 billion or 100 million jobs...

I've always found ideals Don't take the place of meals That's how it is and how it will always be It's so nice to have integrity I'll tell you why If you really have integrity It means your price is very high

My man Rand, giving it to those Saudi scumbags.

The Saudis still have a lot of media influence in DC; expect hit pieces on Rand in the MSM in the coming weeks, all sponsored by this barbaric regime.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.