Thread: Too, funny. You've come a long way baby....

Too, funny. You've come a long way baby....

From an reddit question in /legaladvise.

Ex is pregnant and I might to have to pay child support... except I'm a lesbian. Help? [North Carolina]

This sounds ridiculous. It is ridiculous.

I'll start off by saying I'm a cis gender female. My ex is also a cis gender female. We separated about two months ago. State law says we can't even begin file for divorce until next July. She texted me today to tell me that she's 6 weeks pregnant. She's due in like June. We will still be married when her baby arrives.

I know from a friend's past experience that the mother's spouse's name automatically goes on the birth certificate here, whether he's actually the father or not, as long as they're still married on paper. My friend had to go through a paternity test to prove the baby wasn't his, and his lawyer said if the baby's real dad didn't step up that he might still be on the hook for child support. Because apparently the state doesn't care who the baby's actual dad is, as long as there's a second party to financially look after the kid. Luckily, in my buddy's case, the baby's father went through the process to be recognized as the real dad so my friend could be removed from the birth certificate. My ex says she doesn't know who the dad is. So basically, I think I'm screwed.

There is no way in hell this child is mine, but I can't divorce my ex in time to avoid it defaulting to me.. I'm meeting with my lawyer on Tuesday but like, really, this can't happen right? I feel like common sense says it isn't my baby so I shouldn't be responsible but the laws (as I know them) say otherwise. I guess the advice I want is what to realistically expect? Are there other cases like this? Or am I boned and doomed to play mommy #2 to a kid that isn't mine?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice..._to_pay_child/

Last edited by phill4paul; 10-21-2018 at 08:45 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know a "cis-gender" from a hole in my head.........But.......H omo's and weirdo's are equally $#@!ed by 'family' courts....

Welcome to the reality of recognition weirdo.

To hell with the cis-gender term. I am old school, straight.

As to the lesbian in this predicament:
    WHA HA HA HA HA!!! I can't stop laughing.

OK...OK...OK...Let me see if I got this straight:

Dyke one is the writer of the OP.

Dyke two is knocked up by some unknown man.

Dyke one and two were "married", but separated prior to a divorce that will not take place until after the baby is born.

It was during this separation that Dyke two got knocked up.

She doesn't know who knocked her up, and anybody that may be a suspect is heading for the hills.

Dyke one is now worried that she may be on the hook for child support since she is still technically married to Dyke two and can not divorce until next year due to state law.

Is that about the long and short of it?

ETA - After three readings, I have to say that summary is correct.

Therefore:

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-21-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    The Reality of Recognition.

Brilliant. Especially when applied to weirdosexuals demanding acceptance, tolerance and recognition in normal society.

+rep

Is this they equality they requested?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    OK...OK...OK...Let me see if I got this straight:

Dyke one is the writer of the OP.

Dyke two is knocked up by some unknown man.

Dyke one and two were "married", but separated prior to a divorce that will not take place until after the baby is born.

It was during this separation that Dyke two got knocked up.

She doesn't know who knocked her up, and anybody that may be a suspect is heading for the hills.

Dyke one is now worried that she may be on the hook for child support since she is still technically married to Dyke two.

Is that about the long and short of it?

ETA - After three readings, I have say that summary is correct.

Therefore:

Yup. You got it. Some hilarious $#@!, amiright? Want equality? You got it. Good and hard.

Enjoy the fruits of feminism freaks.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know a "cis-gender" from a hole in my head.........But.......H omo's and weirdo's are equally $#@!ed by 'family' courts....

Cis gender means they identify with the gender of their biological sex.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Exactly. When the whole talk of same-sex marriage or whatever kids are calling it these days came up, I said it might feel good to have a legally registered relationship, but just wait until the time comes to divorce and see what equality feels like then.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yup. You got it. Some hilarious $#@!, amiright? Want equality? You got it. Good and hard.
    Allow me to post my smug face.

I would love to see a picture of these two broads.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I would love to see a picture of these two broads.
    Here they are with their triplets. Just a second job ain't gonna cut it.

Here they are with their triplets. Just a second job ain't gonna cut it.

Not enough tattoos, otherwise pretty much exactly what I expected.

And Dyke One is the white broad.

Not surprising thats what they look like.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

From an reddit question in /legaladvise.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice..._to_pay_child/

When to the reddit link, almost all comments are deleted.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the reddit thread in the OP:

level 1
    GoodAdvosor
    257 points
    ·
    20 hours ago
    ·
    edited 20 hours ago
    Unfortunately, you are out of luck unless you can convince your soon to be ex to add the biological father’s name to the birth certificate instead of yours. NC Statutes were amended to include same sex relationships including presumption of paternity. It’s seems ridiculous but it is for the sake of the child. Additionally the presumption covers the time of conception, so it doesn’t matter whether or not you are divorced when the child is born.