Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 181

Thread: Tucker Carlson: Marijuana legalization is a socialist conspiracy to dumb down America

  1. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Cannabis stimulates the regeneration and growth of new brain cells, so whatever your goal is it sounds like you should probably smoke more weed.
    I mean, any time the body takes damage it tries to repair itself, or limit the damage.. You're probably not wrong, in a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Elliot's The Hollow Men



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #152
    Endocannabinoids: A Promising Impact for Traumatic Brain Injury

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5314139/



    Cannabis Therapeutics and the Future of Neurology

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6200872/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I mean, any time the body takes damage it tries to repair itself, or limit the damage.. You're probably not wrong, in a way.
    Cannabis doesn't damage the brain, science has found it is the opposite: a neuroprotectant.

    Alcohol damages the brain.

    Lemme guess.. you drink?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  6. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    If you want to believe that, fine.
    Science is proving it with every test.

    https://www.sciencealert.com/marijua...ein-from-brain

    As far as a "drug" it is about the same level as Caffeine.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  7. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Cannabis doesn't damage the brain, science has found it is the opposite: a neuroprotectant.

    Alcohol damages the brain.

    Lemme guess.. you drink?
    No. I had a father who did. I determined that I wasn't going to be the guy who focused on vices to avoid responsibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Elliot's The Hollow Men

  8. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

    Alcohol damages the brain.

    Lemme guess.. you drink?
    Quoting Marx as an argument ,,, a few drinks too many.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  9. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    No. I had a father who did. I determined that I wasn't going to be the guy who focused on vices to avoid responsibilities.
    It has nothing to do with avoiding responsibilities.

    Why do People who are Totally Ignorant of a Subject insist on arguing it?

    if you can't blame alcohol,, what do you blame your utter stupidity on?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  10. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    No. I had a father who did. I determined that I wasn't going to be the guy who focused on vices to avoid responsibilities.
    Do you realize that alcohol and cannabis have completely different, almost polar opposite effects on people?

    I'm not saying you have to do it, I'm just saying you should probably be less judgmental of those who do.

    Toking herb doesn't make you stupid, it makes you more open minded, creative and better able to solve problems. It increases your body's ability to experience various sensational inputs.

    Drinking doesn't make you more open minded, it can make you more sociable, though. I enjoy alcohol on occasion, usually at night. In moderation. I don't use it to avoid responsibilities. That is what alcoholics do.. people who have to drink all day, or when they drink they have to drink to excess. Alchohol is an intoxicant and should be treated as such. However it moderation it can also have longterm health benefits. Cannabis is not an intoxicant, because, as pcosmar likes to say, it is not toxic to the body in any way, shape or form.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  11. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    It has nothing to do with avoiding responsibilities.

    Why do People who are Totally Ignorant of a Subject insist on arguing it?

    if you can't blame alcohol,, what do you blame your utter stupidity on?
    Look. I see this is a touchy subject for you. We can at least agree that government shouldn't ban the stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Elliot's The Hollow Men

  12. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Look. I see this is a touchy subject for you. We can at least agree that government shouldn't ban the stuff.
    Should have never... The entirety of Laws was based in Lies..

    The truth is so far opposite,, and should be vigorously defended.

    Negativity toward use does nothing to heal those most in need. and there are many.

    yeah,, a little touchy.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    His defense of free speech in the age of censorship is pretty patriotic.
    A private enterprise restricting access to its own property isn't censorship in the sense relevant to the 1st Amendment.

    ...which applies only to government action.

    It's an exercise of property rights.

    But I guess respect for property rights is the old libertarianism.

    The new libertarianism doesn't let such silly anachronisms stand in the way of true progress, does it?
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 06-11-2019 at 07:27 PM.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  15. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    A private enterprise restricting access to its own property isn't censorship in the sense relevant to the 1st Amendment.

    ...which applies only to government action.

    It's an exercise of property rights.

    But I guess respect for property rights is the old libertarianism.

    The new libertarianism doesn't let such silly anachronisms stand in the way of true progress, does it?

    I am not like most libertarians in that I think my data or my communications is my speech. They lobbied for net neutrality and the right to have a platform that they can't get sued for what people post on it, I think its more than fair for me to not get censored. Especially since they are shadowbanning people who buy ads from them, I think that is fraud.

  16. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I am not like most libertarians in that I think my data or my communications is my speech.
    Whether FB users' submissions of data to the platform is "speech" for 1st Amendment purposes isn't relevant.

    The 1st Amendment does not apply to FB; nothing FB does could possibly violate the 1st Amendment.

    They lobbied for net neutrality and the right to have a platform that they can't get sued for what people post on it
    Why do you think they should be liable for what people post on their platform?

    I think its more than fair for me to not get censored.
    Again, you're not getting censored in the 1st Amendment sense.

    Especially since they are shadowbanning people who buy ads from them, I think that is fraud.
    Then sue them for fraud (as opposed to calling for the government to crush them because they use their property in a way that displeases you).
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  17. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Whether FB users' submissions of data to the platform is "speech" for 1st Amendment purposes isn't relevant.

    The 1st Amendment does not apply to FB; nothing FB does could possibly violate the 1st Amendment.



    Why do you think they should be liable for what people post on their platform?



    Again, you're not getting censored in the 1st Amendment sense.



    Then sue them for fraud (as opposed to calling for the government to crush them because they use their property in a way that displeases you).
    Electronic communications is speech, especially in this century. People text eachother at the dinner table.

  18. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Electronic communications is speech, especially in this century. People text eachother at the dinner table.
    I didn't say it wasn't speech for 1st Amendment purposes.

    I said it doesn't matter, since none of this has anything to do with the 1st Amendment.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  19. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I didn't say it wasn't speech for 1st Amendment purposes.

    I said it doesn't matter, since none of this has anything to do with the 1st Amendment.
    This is getting pushed by the globalists that are not even a part of this country. They use foreign governments to lobby these companies by threatening to push them out of their market.

  20. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This is getting pushed by the globalists that are not even a part of this country. They use foreign governments to lobby these companies by threatening to push them out of their market.
    Something something Deep State something something Globalists

    Got it.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  21. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Something something Deep State something something Globalists

    Got it.
    Yeah because foreign governments don't meddle in our affairs.



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Yeah because foreign governments don't meddle in our affairs.
    Yea, I get the gist; you think FB is part of this shadowy cabal which you've come to blame for everything that's wrong in the world.

    If that's your whole argument (which I guess it is since you didn't address any of the issues I raised), there's not much left to say.

    I'll just ask this; if you don't trust FB (<-- evil cabal member), why do you trust the feds (<-- not evil cabal member?) to regulate FB?
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  24. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Yea, I get the gist; you think FB is part of this shadowy cabal which you've come to blame for everything that's wrong in the world.

    If that's your whole argument (which I guess it is since you didn't address any of the issues I raised), there's not much left to say.

    I'll just ask this; if you don't trust FB (<-- evil cabal member), why do you trust the feds (<-- not evil cabal member?) to regulate FB?
    I don't trust anyone, I just don't want to be kicked out of the debates. 2008 was the facebook election, 2012 was the tea party revolution that I actually found politics that cured my apathy. I found it on a bumper sticker that said google Ron Paul. 2016 was the twitter election. You can't pretend like people who aren't to the right of Obama aren't getting deplatformed everywhere. They attacked me at my work because of my political beliefs until I quit, they are going after people in real life. I don't think we will ever gain any sort of momentum if we get pushed into the dark web.


  25. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I don't trust anyone, I just don't want to be kicked out of the debates. 2008 was the facebook election, 2012 was the tea party revolution that I actually found politics that cured my apathy. I found it on a bumper sticker that said google Ron Paul. 2016 was the twitter election. You can't pretend like people who aren't to the right of Obama aren't getting deplatformed everywhere. They attacked me at my work because of my political beliefs until I quit, they are going after people in real life. I don't think we will ever gain any sort of momentum if we get pushed into the dark web.
    State regulation of social media violates libertarian principles - this is not seriously debatable.

    Now, if you want to do it anyway, in pursuit of some greater libertarian good (ends justify the means), that's fine.

    I'm very amenable to that kind of logic.

    However, in this case, I see no end to justify the means.

    First, as I mentioned in the last post, there's no reason to think that a state regulated FB would be more libertarian-friendly than the current one.

    Second, for the time being, FB is actually doing libertarians a favor by targeting the alt-right, who are by far our most serious political obstacle.

    ....because, unlike the Dems or "Establishment Republicans," they don't just compete, they also co-opt.

    So, no, I'm not seeing any greater libertarian good that would justify the regulation of FB.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  26. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    State regulation of social media violates libertarian principles - this is not seriously debatable.

    Now, if you want to do it anyway, in pursuit of some greater libertarian good (ends justify the means), that's fine.

    I'm very amenable to that kind of logic.

    However, in this case, I see no end to justify the means.

    First, as I mentioned in the last post, there's no reason to think that a state regulated FB would be more libertarian-friendly than the current one.

    Second, for the time being, FB is actually doing libertarians a favor by targeting the alt-right, who are by far our most serious political obstacle.

    ....because, unlike the Dems or "Establishment Republicans," they don't just compete, they also co-opt.

    So, no, I'm not seeing any greater libertarian good that would justify the regulation of FB.
    I think you are wrong about who they are censoring. I don't think its just alt right people. I think its anyone who influences the elections, I base this off facebook censoring Rand Paul in 2016. When he was trending after the debates they took him off there.

  27. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I think you are wrong about who they are censoring. I don't think its just alt right people. I think its anyone who influences the elections, I base this off facebook censoring Rand Paul in 2016. When he was trending after the debates they took him off there.
    I don't use FB (or any social media), so I'm going on second hand reports, but all I ever hear about is alt-right/conspiracy people getting targeted.

    What's the story with Rand Paul (news to me), how did they censor him in 2016?
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  28. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I don't use FB (or any social media), so I'm going on second hand reports, but all I ever hear about is alt-right/conspiracy people getting targeted.

    What's the story with Rand Paul (news to me), how did they censor him in 2016?
    Facebook would have trending topics and after the debates Rand Paul would be trending and they would remove him off the trending topics. They would use social media trending topics in the msm as a litmus test or to gauge who won the debate, or who people are talking about. It was essentially a shadow ban, people would talk about Rand Paul on facebook and they would make sure no one could see it. It only got leaked out because conservatives that worked for facebook blew the whistle and after that they started firing conservatives from places like facebook. it's happening all over the place and since they have all of our meta data they can go after anyone who is against their liberal agenda. They are shutting people up because they can't debate our ideas, its the very same reason why they kicked Ron Paul out of the debates censored him on the MSM and there was a meme that the only way you could find out who Ron Paul is was by googling him.
    Last edited by nikcers; 06-11-2019 at 10:20 PM.

  29. #175
    Try it Tucker you might like it.
    His name was Seth Rich.

  30. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Facebook would have trending topics and after the debates Rand Paul would be trending and they would remove him off the trending topics. They would use social media trending topics in the msm as a litmus test or to gauge who won the debate, or who people are talking about. It was essentially a shadow ban, people would talk about Rand Paul on facebook and they would make sure no one could see it. It only got leaked out because conservatives that worked for facebook blew the whistle and after that they started firing conservatives from places like facebook. it's happening all over the place and since they have all of our meta data they can go after anyone who is against their liberal agenda. They are shutting people up because they can't debate our ideas, its the very same reason why they kicked Ron Paul out of the debates censored him on the MSM and there was a meme that the only way you could find out who Ron Paul is was by googling him.
    They specifically mentioned Rand Paul?

    ...because, otherwise, it sounds like there's isn't much evidence that they actually did anything.

    I wouldn't surprise me if they did, but couldn't it just be that he was trending, and then he wasn't?

    Also, I'll ask again, what makes you think that the federal government (big fan of libertrians...) would regulate FB in our favor?
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Second, for the time being, FB is actually doing libertarians a favor by targeting the alt-right, who are by far our most serious political obstacle.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Also, I'll ask again, what makes you think that the federal government (big fan of libertrians...) would regulate FB in our favor?

    There you go with that "our" word again. You have advocated for world government on this forum, so I'm not thinking "our" is the appropriate word for you to use. Just sayin'...
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

    Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

    The Property Basis of Rights

  33. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    They specifically mentioned Rand Paul?

    ...because, otherwise, it sounds like there's isn't much evidence that they actually did anything.

    I wouldn't surprise me if they did, but couldn't it just be that he was trending, and then he wasn't?

    Also, I'll ask again, what makes you think that the federal government (big fan of libertrians...) would regulate FB in our favor?
    They mentioned all types of people at the time,


    Trending topics appear in the upper-right corner of the Facebook website, separate to the main news feed, and are said to be chosen to “help people discover current content that is both popular in the world and meaningful to them”.
    Facebook workers routinely suppressed news stories of interest to conservative readers from the social network’s influential “trending” news section, according to a former journalist who worked on the project. This individual says that workers prevented stories about the right-wing CPAC gathering, Mitt Romney, Rand Paul, and other conservative topics from appearing in the highly-influential section, even though they were organically trending among the site’s users.

  34. #179

  35. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    They mentioned all types of people at the time,
    So he did mention Rand, good to know.

    But you didn't answer my question about why a federally regulated FB would be better.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Tucker Carlson (again :) )
    By goldenequity in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2017, 03:26 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2016, 11:13 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 03:09 AM
  4. Tucker Carlson
    By Bluedevil in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 10:16 PM
  5. RP on Tucker Carlson again
    By dagnytaggart in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 11:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •