Thread: Simply not flushable

Exclamation Simply not flushable

'Simply not flushable': Thousands of pounds of wipes clog sewer system

https://www.wdsu.com/article/simply-...ystem/23887405

WDSU Updated: 6:41 AM CDT Oct 18, 2018

Unbelievable images out of South Carolina show how wipes can wreak havoc on a sewer system.

WCSC reports baby wipes clogged a series of large pumps last week at the Plum Island Wastewater Treatment Plant in Charleston.

"...we sent divers 80-90 feet deep into the wet well/raw sewage to search in complete darkness with their hands to find and identify the obstruction. As we expected, they came up with these large masses of wipes in their first two loads, with more to come," Charleston Water tweeted.

Then we sent divers 80-90 feet deep into the wet well/raw sewage to search in complete darkness with their hands to find and identify the obstruction. As we expected, they came up with these large masses of wipes in their first two loads, with more to come. pic.twitter.com/XcmZXf9ECF

— Charleston Water (@ChasWaterSystem) October 15, 2018

Crews worked 24/7 to get those wipes out of the system. Three days later, the pumps were back to normal. WCIV reports thousands of pounds of baby wipes were collected.

One official told the Charleston Post and Courier that other items like tampons, string, hair and makeup pads contributed to the fatberg of baby wipes, oil, fat and grease, but wipes are a huge portion of the problem.

(And I can guaran-damn-tee it was toxicly masculine men who dove into that stinking hole to clean up that filthy mess made by dimwitted and clueless woemen - AF)

Mike Saia, communication manager with Charleston Water System, told WCIV he hopes people take note.

"It boils down to the fact that 'flushable' wipes simply are not flushable, they may degrade overtime and they may go down your toilet, but they certainly will block up the plumbing in your home, and wreak a lot of havoc in our system, so we would really appreciate any change that people could make," he said.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have Donny switch to a biodegradable brand.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Have Donny switch to a biodegradable brand.
    I'm not hooked up to government sewers

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    "...we sent divers 80-90 feet deep into the wet well/raw sewage to search in complete darkness with their hands to find and identify the obstruction. As we expected, they came up with these large masses of wipes in their first two loads, with more to come," Charleston Water tweeted.

Then we sent divers 80-90 feet deep into the wet well/raw sewage to search in complete darkness with their hands to find and identify the obstruction. As we expected, they came up with these large masses of wipes in their first two loads, with more to come. pic.twitter.com/XcmZXf9ECF
    Any feminists out there complaining about the underrepresentation of women in the $#@!-diving business?

Bueller?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm not hooked up to government sewers
    All the more reason.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

You can tell by looking at one of those they are not going to degrade quickly . Like AF , my system belongs to me which means I am going to pay if it gets screwed up .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    You can tell by looking at one of those they are not going to degrade quickly . Like AF , my system belongs to me which means I am going to pay if it gets screwed up .
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

WTF kind of systems do they have in Texas, with alarms and pumps and aerators call back systems and all this crazy horse$#@!?

Just to water your weeds???

$#@! all that. My system has not a single moving part and works just fine.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Any feminists out there complaining about the underrepresentation of women in the $#@!-diving business?

Bueller?
    You did see my comment didn't you?

(And I can guaran-damn-tee it was toxicly masculine men who dove into that stinking hole to clean up that filthy mess made by dimwitted and clueless woemen - AF)

Where’s Mike Rowe?

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Where’s Mike Rowe?

Mexico City is a $#@!hole, thankfully I no longer layover there . Our Hotel van driver always kept his head on a swivel whenever he came to a stop.

Not as bad as Legos yet. There we had an armed pickup truck in front and behind us from the airport to the hotel.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Mexico City is a $#@!hole, thankfully I no longer layover there . Our Hotel van driver always kept his head on a swivel whenever he came to a stop.

Not as bad as Legos yet. There we had an armed pickup truck in front and behind us from the airport to the hotel.
    Had a buddy of mine was a marine superintendent in Liberia.

At night, they had to lock themselves into fortified shipping containers that were converted into berthing/offices.

The main road into the port was just a few feet away with double razor wire fence in between.

One night, somebody had been shot in the road and the body left, pretty much on his front door.

That's how he started his day for the next couple of weeks, to the sight and smell as the body rotted and was consumed by scavengers, never picked up, cleaned up or disposed of.

He quit not long after that.