Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump threatens to seal U.S.-Mexico border over migrant caravan. Can he do it?

Joe Arpaio, the former Sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona suggested the deployment of the United States military deep inside Mexico to stop the flow of drugs and illegal immigrants from reaching the U.S.

Arpaio was specifically addressing the caravan of several thousand reportedly transiting through Central America and heading toward the U.S. border.
    He posited that the Trump administration could coordinate with Mexico and Central American countries regarding the potential deployment of U.S. forces to aid as far as Mexico’s border with Guatemala.
    “You get in touch with the Mexican government and say that we are willing to help you with the U.S. Army across the border,” Arpaio told Breitbart News in an interview. “Let’s work together. You have the army everywhere else working in foreign countries. What is wrong with (sending the military to) Mexico? I mean they should work with us.”
    “They should be locking them up as they enter Mexico from these Central American countries. Now if they would like the U.S. Army on the border of Central America and Mexico I am sure the government will help.”
    “Send the military deep into Mexico,” he added.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...rant-caravans/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Wall just 10 feet higher? ( last reported height was 140 feet)

President Trump Threatens Mexico If Caravan Of 3000 Honduran Migrants Reaches U.S. Border | TIME

Trump threatens to seal U.S.-Mexico border over migrant caravan. Can he do it?
    EM

He could but insiders might not allow him to do that if consevative firebrand Coulter's assertion is correct:

Coulter explains. “They’re probably worried that Trump will be removed within the next few years. They had just gone to the McCain funeral, and [the op-ed] was right after Labor Day, so they were probably feeling wistful for the Hamptons. And the only way they can get back in is if they can say, ‘Don’t worry, we’re the ones who stopped the wall.’
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/ann-co...-jared-kushner

Related

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Joe Arpaio, the former Sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona suggested the deployment of the United States military deep inside Mexico to stop the flow of drugs and illegal immigrants from reaching the U.S.

Arpaio was specifically addressing the caravan of several thousand reportedly transiting through Central America and heading toward the U.S. border.
    He posited that the Trump administration could coordinate with Mexico and Central American countries regarding the potential deployment of U.S. forces to aid as far as Mexico’s border with Guatemala.
    “You get in touch with the Mexican government and say that we are willing to help you with the U.S. Army across the border,” Arpaio told Breitbart News in an interview. “Let’s work together. You have the army everywhere else working in foreign countries. What is wrong with (sending the military to) Mexico? I mean they should work with us.”
    “They should be locking them up as they enter Mexico from these Central American countries. Now if they would like the U.S. Army on the border of Central America and Mexico I am sure the government will help.”
    “Send the military deep into Mexico,” he added.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...rant-caravans/
    Do you support that?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No it is not.

This is an invasion, organized by enemies of the United States, politically motivated to carry out a political and military objective.

It is an act of war.

So, by all means, he has the authority:

Article II

Section 2

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States

Article IV

Section 4

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion
    This caravan from Honduras is a direct consequence of the US meddling in Honduras for decades, The US is the invader.

Just like Iran, the US staged a coup & also have military all over country, including bases. The US uses Honduras as an access to many other countries it is meddling in and constantly overthrowing.

The crime & poverty growth in Honduras is a direct result of US invasion.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    This caravan from Honduras is a direct consequence of the US meddling in Honduras for decades, The US is the invader.

Just like Iran, the US staged a coup & also have military all over country, including bases. The US uses Honduras as an access to many other countries it is meddling in and constantly overthrowing.

The crime & poverty growth in Honduras is a direct result of US invasion.
    Yes it is, I won't argue with that, the US has been monkey $#@!ing Central America for over a century now.

That does not change the fact that this is an invasion, or call it a "counter offensive", organized by enemies of the United States, for the purpose of achieving a political and military objective.

My point being, that this is not an "organic" action of people fleeing poverty or political tyranny, but rather an organized offensive.

I have many shipmates from Honduras, and to hear them tell it, things are pretty good there, actually.

The Executive has not only the right but the constitutional duty to act in order to stop it.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-19-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Yes it is, I won't argue with that, the US has been monkey $#@!ing Central America for over a century now.

That does not change the fact that this is an invasion, or call it a "counter offensive", organized by enemies of the United States, for the purpose of achieving a political and military objective.

My point being, that this is not an "organic" action of people fleeing poverty or political tyranny, but rather an organized offensive.

I have many shipmates from Honduras, and to hear them tell it, things are pretty good there, actually.

The Executive has not only the right but the constitutional duty to act in order to stop it.
    When he brings the troops home, closes bases, gives people back their countries and stops the WoD and the WoT, I'll trust him & .gov.

Until then?

NO.
    There is no spoon.

@Zippyjuan

What if he deploys the troops on the Mexican side of the border?

What are they going to do about it?
    And here we have the statist, deep in his natural habitat, advocating the invasion of yet another country on the orders of the president without the approval of congress.

Please, ladies and gentlemen, if you want to take pictures of the statist, disable the flash on your camera; they startle easily and can be quite aggressive.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Do you support that?
    No.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    And here we have the statist, deep in his natural habitat, advocating the invasion of yet another country on the orders of the president without the approval of congress.

Please, ladies and gentlemen, if you want to take pictures of the statist, disable the flash on your camera; they startle easily and can be quite aggressive.
    If they are going to facilitate an invasion of our country we can step a few feet onto their side of the border to stop it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Mexican Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray said on Friday that the country will face the challenge of responding to a migrant caravan that U.S. President Donald Trump has insisted must be halted before it reaches the U.S. border.

More at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...source=twitter

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If they are going to facilitate an invasion of our country we can step a few feet onto their side of the border to stop it.
    If you do it on their side of the border it's a military action. If it's on our side it's law enforcement. Take your pick.

You're still a statist either way.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

If you do it on their side of the border it's a military action. If it's on our side it's law enforcement. Take your pick.

If done at the border it isn't domestic law enforcement but if liberals like you try to claim it is then we can step across the border to fulfill the Constitutional mandate to protect the states from invasion.

And you are a globalist and a communist.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If done at the border it isn't domestic law enforcement
    Which side of the border will the migrants be on when you stop them?
    Pinochet is the model

Which side of the border will the migrants be on when you stop them?
    They won't be "inside" because they will have been stopped in the act of entering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They won't be "inside" because they will have been stopped in the act of entering.
    Which side will they be on when you shoot them? Inside or outside?

Onto which side will their bodies fall?
    Pinochet is the model

Wrong. If you do it on their side of the border it is called a Trans National Joint Venture on Crime. Reciprocity for aid.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wrong. If you do it on their side of the border it is called a Trans National Joint Venture on Crime. Reciprocity for aid.
    Preserving our national sovereignty by entering into international law enforcement agreements?

I presume that we'll also agree to allow Mexican law enforcement to enforce their laws on American soil.
    Pinochet is the model

Preserving our national sovereignty by entering into international law enforcement agreements?

I presume that we'll also agree to allow Mexican law enforcement to enforce their laws on American soil.
    Presume all the $#@! ya want. The fact is that our government can enter into agreements with other countries through treaties. Article II, Section 2, Clause 2. There are also congressional-executive agreements and executive agreements. Article I, Section 10.

I understand that to an anarchic globalist, such as yourself, this Constitution stuff is hard for you to understand. That can be remedied by reading and understanding it. I haven't actually taken this course myself, but for your edification, http://lp.hillsdale.edu/constitution...SABEgJCq_D_BwE

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    an anarchic globalist, such as yourself
    Pinochet is the model

Last edited by phill4paul; 10-19-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Which side will they be on when you shoot them? Inside or outside?

Onto which side will their bodies fall?
    Whichever way the wind is blowing.

The response is the same if you were invading my home.

Don't want to get shot?

Then $#@! off back to wherever you came from.

Don't want to get shot?

It really is ^^^THAT^^^ simple.

And here we have the statist,....

Ah yes; the one-trick-pony shows up. If you're going to shout statist, then start with yourself. You're an extreme progressive. You're a Democrat. You voted for Obama twice. You voted Hillary 2016. You're on this site on behalf of the Open Society Foundations.

If I am wrong on any of this, then refute it.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Ah yes; the one-trick-pony shows up. If you're going to shout statist, then start with yourself. You're an extreme progressive. You're a Democrat. You voted for Obama twice. You voted Hillary 2016. You're on this site on behalf of the Open Society Foundations.

If I am wrong on any of this, then refute it.
    via Imgflip Meme Generator
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Because that's what an invading army does: carries their standard before them.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I always thought it was a commonly accepted fact with the libertarian crowd that you can't have a welfare state and open borders.

Well we already have a welfare state.

So.....

Why don't we just let in more people?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Speaking in Scottsdale, Arizona yesterday, Trump said he “appreciated very much” Mexico’s efforts to stop the caravan.

“If that doesn’t work out, we’re calling up the military — not the (National) Guard — we’re calling up the military,” he told reporters. “They’re not coming into this country.”

More at: https://www.malaymail.com/s/1684902/...-turn-back-mou

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I always thought it was a commonly accepted fact with the libertarian crowd that you can't have a welfare state and open borders.

Well we already have a welfare state.

So.....

Why don't we just let in more people?
    Actually, the libertarian position has always been open borders. It was once the libertarian movement was absorbed mostly into the GOP that suddenly libertarians became border enforcement advocates.

No matter what you personally believe, a border is an imaginary line drawn on a map meant to induce tribal notions that lead tribes to engage in wars. I believe that people generally self-segregate into groups of people that are like them, if left to their own devices, but the use of borders and countries is for little more than claiming ownership over people (see: British empire) and motivating them to attack other groups of people on behalf of the owners by claiming the other group is a "threat". This theme repeats throughout history. "Go fight 'em over there so we don't have to fight 'em here!" It's still used today. Once the notion of "borders" no longer serves that purpose and all the lands of the planet are under the control of the owners (almost there!), "borders" will be eliminated from the maps and thus revealed to be the imaginary invention they always were.

Last edited by devil21; 10-23-2018 at 02:32 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Don't want to get shot?

Do you shoot them after they step onto your property or before?
    Pinochet is the model

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast