Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote.

Vote.

I know there are many who refuse to vote because they don't want to be seen as participating in the tyrannical system. I fully empathize with this and agree, in principle.

I would love to live sufficient thousands of years to see humanity evolve into proper anarchists, where men respected one another, etc. That, I am sad to say, is unlikely.

That means we are left with what we have - a wholly screwed up "system". Given this, is holding to one's principles as he sits idly by watching the rest make all the decisions for him a wise course to take? I say no. While I fully endorse work toward better circumstances, the here-and-now reality that has been foisted upon us is equally important.

Some say that voting makes no difference at the individual level. While that can be argued as so, it can also be argued as nonsense. Place enough grains of sand in the bags and the camel's back breaks. This is observable reality.

Some further say that there is nothing "good" for which to vote. That may also be true, or not, depending on how one chooses to look at it. Regardless, even if all we have to vote for is a lesser evil, I say vote for it, lest the greater evil be foisted upon us. Does this not make some basic sense? I say it does.

So I am going to ask everyone here to say "$#@! it" and go out and vote this November. If you love me, and you should because I am so damned impossibly lovable, then please do as I ask. I would suggest you vote Republican down the line. Why? Because as evil as some of those bastards are, they are several quanta less so than their Democrat counterparts. If we cannot vote in the good, we can at least deny the more evil access to the power that would be used to put the gronk on us with ever greater pinch.

I'm dead serious about this. You really have nothing to lose. Go vote, preferably R, and keep those commie bastards out of power.

The Rs are nothing to write home about, but at least they listen every once in a while, which is that much more than you will ever get from the left.

Please?

Thanks.

ETA: It now appears the Democrats may win the House. I would strongly suggest you all do your best to convince friends to get the hell out and do what is needed to stop this. We are no longer in a philosophical exercise. This is real-deal political warfare and you will choose one way or another - proactively or through the default of inaction.

As Dr. Paul is oft quoted, let it not be said we did nothing.
    Last edited by osan; 10-23-2018 at 08:07 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree with you, same sentiment, and am encouraging other liberty minded folks to vote.

I would have never had guessed it... osan is Taylor Swift!

Seriously, though. I generally cast my lots. I don't expect it to accomplish much and I go about living my life. But I don't care about any parties - that's where they get you. Here's my method: Are there any liberty candidates? Cast a piece of sand for them. No liberty folks? Are there any incumbents? Cast a vote for their opponent. Running unopposed? Leave it blank. Is there a write-in line?? RON PAUL.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I would have never had guessed it... osan is Taylor Swift!

Seriously, though. I generally cast my lots. I don't expect it to accomplish much and I go about living my life. But I don't care about any parties - that's where they get you. Here's my method: Are there any liberty candidates? Cast a piece of sand for them. No liberty folks? Are there any incumbents? Cast a vote for their opponent. Running unopposed? Leave it blank. Is there a write-in line?? RON PAUL.
    I would call that all good in "normal" times.

This time, however, I think things are so obviously bad (whether it's organic or all theater designed to corral us in a direction, I cannot say), that defending against what I see as the venomous ire of the "left" is perhaps a good idea at this point. I could be wrong, but what if I am not?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I would call that all good in "normal" times.
    Lol. These are ALL normal times. Parties dividing, government growing, liberty receding... Been going on since I've been alive. The only thing "new" is the volume has been turned up thanks to the media's drive for ratings and need to compete against "social" media. Turn off the radio, TV, and computer and things pretty much look the same as always.

I vote against government - not the party. The parties are just a battle of who gets to control the power. I have no interest in their games.

Fear not, though... If it matters to you, my Senate and Representative incumbents are democrats.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

WIFE wont vote for repub senator in ohio because "they trying to pass a law disallowing pre existing conditions" and she is a breast cancer survivor

so that sucks

never mind CHARADE brown is a traitor with no fidelity to the constitution, she thinks the R's will kill her.

that is what were dealing with.
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

This is a Great thread

The only way our oppressors will ever stop is if we get out there and vote!! Let's show them what we're made of this November

If you sit home this November not voting, I have to call you a coward. Afraid to make the hard choices, afraid to do what has to be done.

Get out there and vote like a man
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Be sure to also write "please" and "thank you" on your ballot for good luck!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Be sure to also write "please" and "thank you" on your ballot for good luck!
    -rep as this may invalidate the ballot.

I know there are many who refuse to vote because they don't want to be seen as participating in the tyrannical system. I fully empathize with this and agree, in principle.

I would love to live sufficient thousands of years to see humanity evolve into proper anarchists, where men respected one another, etc. That, I am sad to say, is unlikely.

That means we are left with what we have - a wholly screwed up "system". Given this, is holding to one's principles as he sits idly by watching the rest make all the decisions for him a wise course to take? I say no. While I fully endorse work toward better circumstances, the here-and-now reality that has been foisted upon us is equally important.

Some say that voting makes no difference at the individual level. While that can be argued as so, it can also be argued as nonsense. Place enough grains of sand in the bags and the camel's back breaks. This is observable reality.

Some further say that there is nothing "good" for which to vote. That may also be true, or not, depending on how one chooses to look at it. Regardless, even if all we have to vote for is a lesser evil, I say vote for it, lest the greater evil be foisted upon us. Does this not make some basic sense? I say it does.

So I am going to ask everyone here to say "$#@! it" and go out and vote this November. If you love me, and you should because I am so damned impossibly lovable, then please do as I ask. I would suggest you vote Republican down the line. Why? Because as evil as some of those bastards are, they are several quanta less so than their Democrat counterparts. If we cannot vote in the good, we can at least deny the more evil access to the power that would be used to put the gronk on us with ever greater pinch.

I'm dead serious about this. You really have nothing to lose. Go vote, preferably R, and keep those commie bastards out of power.

The Rs are nothing to write home about, but at least they listen every once in a while, which is that much more than you will ever get from the left.

Please?

Thanks.
    Allow me to posit another theory.

What will move us toward more human freedom... truly? I am a firm believer that we need nothing short of some serious hard times for the ball to be moved even in inch in that direction. Therefore it follows that whatever will bring us closer to 'hard times' would be the most appropriate remedy to the current predicament, no? I say let the Ocasio Corez's and the Bernies and Antifa wield the levers of power for a while... I'm here in flyover country and we've been WAITING for such an event... this will end up with one of several likely scenarios: 1) Secession/Peaceful dissolution, 2) Civil Conflict 3) Fill in the blank.... I think any outcome is better than preserving the status quo.

To summarize: Let them come.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Die hard. Vote harder.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

What will move us toward more human freedom... truly? I am a firm believer that we need nothing short of some serious hard times for the ball to be moved even in inch in that direction. Therefore it follows that whatever will bring us closer to 'hard times' would be the most appropriate remedy to the current predicament, no? I say let the Ocasio Corez's and the Bernies and Antifa wield the levers of power for a while... I'm here in flyover country and we've been WAITING for such an event... this will end up with one of several likely scenarios: 1) Secession/Peaceful dissolution, 2) Civil Conflict 3) Fill in the blank.... I think any outcome is better than preserving the status quo.

8 years of Obama wasn't enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    WIFE wont vote for repub senator in ohio because "they trying to pass a law disallowing pre existing conditions" and she is a breast cancer survivor

so that sucks

never mind CHARADE brown is a traitor with no fidelity to the constitution, she thinks the R's will kill her.

that is what were dealing with.
    You need to point out all the ways the Demoncrats want to kill her, start with death panels.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Everything is pre-ordained and votes don't matter so I'm doing a straight RED ticket. It really doesn't matter, right? So what the $#@!?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Everything is pre-ordained and votes don't matter so I'm doing a straight RED ticket. It really doesn't matter, right? So what the $#@!?
    Just did the same thing on an absentee ballot this very afternoon, for the first time in, decades, IIRC.

Obviously "our" side, while having all the weapons, are clearly afraid to actually do anything with them in the face of gale force winds of tyranny, and since carefully husbanded and guarded weapons are no weapons at all, this move is the only self defense move I can think of.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-19-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Gun restrictions have eased over the recent years because of Republicans.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Just did the same thing on an absentee ballot this very afternoon
    Nice! +rep
    - Kim Kardashian

Just did the same thing on an absentee ballot this very afternoon, for the first time in, decades, IIRC.

Obviously "our" side, while having all the weapons, are clearly afraid to actually do anything with them in the face of gale force winds of tyranny, and since carefully husbanded and guarded weapons are no weapons at all, this move is the only self defense move I can think of.
    If'n as many say hear it don't matter, or that you should do one or the other for strategical purposes, then I'll cast my lot. Who cares, right? Doesn't matter. The voting machines are controlled by Israelis' and the Bilderburg pick the candidates. Will I take my 91 year old dad and 87 year old mom out to early vote? Yes. Yes, I will. I'm giddy about it. But, in the end, we will have much fun, go out and eat after, and call it a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

Defeating them in November is, I suspect, more likely to drive the "left" to the extremes needed to get the rest of us out of complacency. I could be mistaken, but putting those cockroach wannabes back into power is likely not the good path forward. I understand your approach, but do not think it would work as you believe. We had eight years of Obama and his horde of vile dullard criminals in power. What did Americans do? Nothing. It is not the way. Defeating them, thus driving them to such rage that they fire the first shot so that we can fire the last, all the while denying them access to their means of putting the screws to decent people.

I no longer see any reasonable likelihood that we are able to resolve these deep divisions without bloodshed. The "left" is marching on the sovereign rights of everyone who is not them, openly stating their intentions to the world as to what they will do with those unaligned with them. Therefore, I say feed their bitter hatred until they attack so that we may, in defense of what decency remains to us, destroy them once and hopefully for all. I know this is all very dramatic sounding, but the choice seems clear: eliminate them or capitulate to them. Firing the first shot is not the way for "us", so they must be given the incentive to do so, that we may fire the last.

Rather that those of the "leftish" persuasion got some sense, but this is highly unlikely. Therefore, they should be destroyed for they represent a very real existential threat to the shred-remnants of human freedom.

But what if they are not preordained?

Likely? Perhaps not. But consider this: if they are not, your actions contribute to what seems clearly a lesser evil. If they are, you've lost nothing but a few minutes of your time.

I believe that slim chance renders the effort worth the while. If Democrats regain one or both houses, bet your ass they will wage a campaign of retribution on the rest of us. Their bitter hatred is their weakness and is no joke. Granting them access to the levers of state would be madness. Setting them upon the American people would drive us to either fire the first shot or capitulate. Either way, we lose. Keep them outside in the cold, drive their hatred beyond their weak-tea limits so they make first move.

Likely? Perhaps not. But consider this: if they are not, your actions contribute to what seems clearly a lesser evil. If they are, you've lost nothing but a few minutes of your time.

I believe that slim chance renders the effort worth the while. If Democrats regain one or both houses, bet your ass they will wage a campaign of retribution on the rest of us. Their bitter hatred is their weakness and is no joke. Granting them access to the levers of state would be madness. Setting them upon the American people would drive us to either fire the first shot or capitulate. Either way, we lose. Keep them outside in the cold, drive their hatred beyond their weak-tea limits so they make first move.
    Don't give a $#@! one way or the other. Strife is forth-coming. And since "voting doesn't matter" that which I vote for shouldn't concern anyone.

One step at a time, pal. I believe the issue between the so-called "left" and everyone else must first be settled. I believe they need to be put in their places because they have no intentions of ever respecting those who do not align with them unquestioningly. This is pretty serious $#@! and it is very immediate. The rest must wait until this matter is cleared up. Think of it as political triage or a sort, identifying and acting upon priorities. Treat the more immediate threat first, then move on.

I would also point out that if the left goes apey, and it's likely they will not in sufficiency to be corrected as I deem necessary to make a deep change in the fabric of American cultural attitudes, some number of Americans that have been heretofore reticent to employ their arms as you note may come around to a better attitude as a matter of necessity in defense of themselves. They may not. My hope is anorexic and at the edge of death, but until it dies, I will hang on to it.

Ideally, they left makes serious war on us and we correct them in great numbers. I dare not hope too strongly for such an outcome that is so necessary as a first step in cleaning the political gene pool. Shame on us all and our forbears as well for having allowed things to come to this miserable pass, but here we are and if we are serious about a better future, this is the bitter we must eat. In. My. Opinion.

Reason and decency have been abandoned by a proportion of the American people far too great to be simply accepted and ignored as statistical "noise". Not only are the lefties, or whatever you wish to call them, irrational and largely disgusting as human beings, more importantly they are dangerous and openly stating their intentions to do great harm to the entire nation. If that is not sufficient for deep and non-equivocating correction, then what is, assuming they initiate violence?

We're probably doomed to a socialist future of pure hell, but you never know. It ain't over 'til it's over. The American people may surprise us.

This.

If'n as many say hear it don't matter, or that you should do one or the other for strategical purposes, then I'll cast my lot. Who cares, right? Doesn't matter. The voting machines are controlled by Israelis' and the Bilderburg pick the candidates. Will I take my 91 year old dad and 87 year old mom out to early vote? Yes. Yes, I will. I'm giddy about it. But, in the end, we will have much fun, go out and eat after, and call it a good day.
    Sounds like a nice day out with mom and dad.

Tell them I said hello.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Defeating them in November is, I suspect, more likely to drive the "left" to the extremes needed to get the rest of us out of complacency. I could be mistaken, but putting those cockroach wannabes back into power is likely not the good path forward. I understand your approach, but do not think it would work as you believe. We had eight years of Obama and his horde of vile dullard criminals in power. What did Americans do? Nothing. It is not the way. Defeating them, thus driving them to such rage that they fire the first shot so that we can fire the last, all the while denying them access to their means of putting the screws to decent people.

I no longer see any reasonable likelihood that we are able to resolve these deep divisions without bloodshed. The "left" is marching on the sovereign rights of everyone who is not them, openly stating their intentions to the world as to what they will do with those unaligned with them. Therefore, I say feed their bitter hatred until they attack so that we may, in defense of what decency remains to us, destroy them once and hopefully for all. I know this is all very dramatic sounding, but the choice seems clear: eliminate them or capitulate to them. Firing the first shot is not the way for "us", so they must be given the incentive to do so, that we may fire the last.

Rather that those of the "leftish" persuasion got some sense, but this is highly unlikely. Therefore, they should be destroyed for they represent a very real existential threat to the shred-remnants of human freedom.
    I remember reading a quote from Jefferson Davis somewhere that in effect said that next time we should let them secede but I can't find it now.

We need them to fire the first shots so it is best to drive them to it through political victory if we can, our side starting the revolt would put us at a great disadvantage so that should only be our last resort.

If we gain enough power we should expel a few deep blue states until the rest secede or revolt.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Reason and decency have been abandoned by a proportion of the American people far too great to be simply accepted and ignored as statistical "noise". Not only are the lefties, or whatever you wish to call them, irrational and largely disgusting as human beings, more importantly they are dangerous and openly stating their intentions to do great harm to the entire nation. If that is not sufficient for deep and non-equivocating correction, then what is, assuming they initiate violence?
    Bolsheviks with Jacobin tendencies.

I have no doubt that, given the chance, they would happily rally around a modern day Robespierre and march off into the countryside and kill anybody that represents the "Old Order".

That's you and me.

Don't give a $#@! one way or the other. Strife is forth-coming. And since "voting doesn't matter" that which I vote for shouldn't concern anyone.
    I'm not clear on what it is about which you do not give a $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    If we gain enough power we should expel a few deep blue states until the rest secede or revolt.
    Let's just get a wall up first ok then we'll talk
    - Kim Kardashian

It warms my heart to see people here so passionate about voting

I think I'm making a difference here
    - Kim Kardashian

Best view of Texass:

Last edited by Danke; 10-19-2018 at 09:44 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast