Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you get your flu shot yet?

Did you get your flu shot yet?

The flu shot this year may be worth getting. It contains updates that were not in last year’s vaccine.

Last year (2017), the FDA simply used the same vaccine combination from the previous year (2016), and not only was it redundant and unnecessary for people who had been vaccinated the prior year, it was a poor match for the viruses that circulated last year and early this year, including a particularly severe and deadly flu virus.

The subtype most likely to cause hospitalization last year was Influenza A(H3N2), and that component of the vaccine has been updated this year to better protect against the new variant.

Vaccines containing four variants (qudrivalent) have three updates.

What’s new this flu season?

A few things are new this season:

Flu vaccines have been updated to better match circulating viruses [the B/Victoria component was changed and the influenza A(H3N2) component was updated].
    What viruses will the 2018-2019 flu vaccines protect against?

There are many different flu viruses and they are constantly changing. The composition of U.S. flu vaccines is reviewed annually and updated as needed to match circulating flu viruses. Flu vaccines protect against the three or four viruses (depending on vaccine) that research suggests will be most common. For 2018-2019, trivalent (three-component) vaccines are recommended to contain:

- A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus
    - A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016 A(H3N2)-like virus (updated)
    - B/Colorado/06/2017-like (Victoria lineage) virus (updated)

Quadrivalent (four-component) vaccines, which protect against a second lineage of B viruses, are recommended to contain the three recommended viruses above, plus:

- B/Phuket/3073/2013-like (Yamagata lineage) virus

When should I get vaccinated?

You should get a flu vaccine before flu begins spreading in your community. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies that protect against flu to develop in the body, so make plans to get vaccinated early in fall, before flu season begins. CDC recommends that people get a flu vaccine by the end of October. Getting vaccinated later, however, can still be beneficial and vaccination should continue to be offered throughout flu season, even into January or later.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season...-2018-2019.htm

I did get the flu shot this year, and it does cause muscle soreness at the injection site for several days.

Did anyone catch the severe version of the flu last year? Would you get a flu vaccination?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I won't get the flu shot.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Nope
    Never
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

No.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I never had one. I rarely get sick either. I get a cold or something but I can't remember the last time that anything confined me to my bed.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 10-18-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    "I am a bird"

It was easier just to hide his posts.

$#@! no. And not getting one either. EVER.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I don't partake.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It was easier just to hide his posts.
    Not included in this year’s vaccine:

- D/Jekyll/5/2013 (Zippy)-like virus (updated)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

twice already this season.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    twice already this season.
    Vaccinate early, vaccinate often...

I got it last year and again a week ago.

I've started investigating vaccines after seeing some posts by Donnay and Created4u that claim that vaccines have only adverse effects.
    I still haven't found any evidence that vaccines prevent disease (in general), but I have found that medical trials are systematically manipulated to give the impression tha vaccines are good for you. I've also found evidence that vaccines were designed to decrease fertility...
    I won't voluntarily let myself be injected with any vaccine.

Every single year we are made afraid by some massive flu outbreak, to immediately get a flu shot...
    Jon Rappoport has reported that there is, was no massive flu outbreak at all.
    It’s just another media hype to make us get poisoned with flu vaccines. Health authorities even admit this year’s flu vaccine is only 10% effective

Dr. Peter Doshi wrote that only 16% of respiratory samples taken from “flu patients” in the US show the presence of a flu virus. In other words: 84% of the reported cases don’t have the flu.
    Therefore the vaccine couldn’t possibly work in 84% of the reported “flu” cases
    In 2005, Doshi reported that of the “influenza and pneumonia” deaths that took 62,034 lives in 2001 — in only 18 cases was the flu virus positively identified.

In 2009, Sharyl Attkisson reported “that almost none of the cases they had counted as Swine Flu was, in fact, Swine Flu or any sort of flu at all”: https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2018 ... e-scandal/
    (archived here: http://archive.is/7QXc5)
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I've started investigating vaccines after seeing some posts by Donnay and Created4u that claim that vaccines have only adverse effects.
    I still haven't found any evidence that vaccines prevent disease (in general), but I have found that medical trials are systematically manipulated to give the impression tha vaccines are good for you. I've also found evidence that vaccines were designed to decrease fertility...
    I won't voluntarily let myself be injected with any vaccine.

Every single year we are made afraid by some massive flu outbreak, to immediately get a flu shot...
    Jon Rappoport has reported that there is, was no massive flu outbreak at all.
    What if that's because people got their flu shots so there wasn't as wide an outbreak?

Anyway I got mine last year and this year. No illness or side effects or feeling 'poisoned'. Just sore in the shoulder a few days.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    What if that's because people got their flu shots so there wasn't as wide an outbreak?
    There is no "evidence" that flu vaccines prevent outbreaks.
    There is even information that flu numbers are highly exaggerated; if the reported flu cases don't have the presences of a flu virus how could a flu vaccines prevent a massive outbreak?
    Dr. Peter Doshi wrote that only 16% of respiratory samples taken from “flu patients” in the US show the presence of a flu virus. In other words: 84% of the reported cases don’t have the flu.
    Therefore the vaccine couldn’t possibly work in 84% of the reported “flu” cases
    In 2005, Doshi reported that of the “influenza and pneumonia” deaths that took 62,034 lives in 2001 — in only 18 cases was the flu virus positively identified.

It has been claimed that the lack of efficacy of flu vaccines is caused by mutation of the virus. Last year the efficacy of flu vaccines was reported as 10%.
    This basically means that (asuming this is correct) that if the flu vaccine prevents the amount of cases of the flu from 10 to 9 per 100 (I don't know the exact numbers...); 100 people have to be injected with vaccines with adverse effects to prevent a single case of the flu...
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Get Your Flu Shot? DOJ Report From Vaccine Court Reveals Flu Shot is Most Dangerous Vaccine in U.S.

The 2018 push for the flu shot is now in full swing. Pharmacies are advertising enticing offers, including free flu shots with discounts on other products (CVS), and the opportunity to give a free flu shot to children in Africa (Walgreens).

These retail outlets offer no-wait shots, making it appear to be as easy as purchasing candy or tissue paper in your visit to your local drug store.

What these retail outlets will most likely fail to mention, however, is that according to the Department of Justice’s quarterly reports listing compensations for injuries and deaths due to vaccines from the Vaccine Court, the flu shot is the most dangerous vaccine in the U.S. with crippling and fatal side effects.

How many people taking advantage of “free” flu shots will know that there is a long list of debilitating side effects from the flu shot, as compensated by the U.S. Government in the federal Vaccine Court?

These side effects include (among others):

GBS – Guillain–Barré syndrome is a rapid-onset muscle weakness caused by the immune system damaging the peripheral nervous system. The initial symptoms are typically changes in sensation or pain along with muscle weakness (paralysis), beginning in the feet and hands. This often spreads to the arms and upper body, with both sides being involved.

TM – Transverse myelitis is an inflammation of both sides of one section of the spinal cord. This neurological disorder often damages the insulating material covering nerve cell fibers (myelin).Transverse myelitis interrupts the messages that the spinal cord nerves send throughout the body.

ADEM – Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, or acute demyelinating encephalomyelitis, is a rare autoimmune disease marked by a sudden, widespread attack of inflammation in the brain and spinal cord.

CIDP – Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy is a neurological disorder — a condition that targets your body’s nerves. Symptoms aren’t the same for everyone, but you may be tired and have areas of numbness and pain.

MS – Multiple sclerosis is a demyelinating disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged. This damage disrupts the ability of parts of the nervous system to communicate, resulting in a range of signs and symptoms, including physical, mental, and sometimes psychiatric problems.

SIRVA – SIRVA stands for “Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration.” It can happen when a vaccine is injected into the shoulder too high or too deep and can cause several types of injuries. SIRVA can lead to intense, prolonged pain, limited range of motion, and shoulder-related injuries such as Adhesive Capsulitis or Frozen Shoulder Syndrome.

Myasthenia gravis is a long-term neuromuscular disease that leads to varying degrees of skeletal muscle weakness. The most commonly affected muscles are those of the eyes, face, and swallowing. It can result in double vision, drooping eyelids, trouble talking, and trouble walking.

Peripheral Neuropathy is damage to or disease affecting nerves, which may impair sensation, movement, gland or organ function, or other aspects of health, depending on the type of nerve affected.

All of these debilitating side effects were reported as being compensated in the most recent DOJ report on vaccine injury compensations published September 6, 2018, and past reports have also listed DEATH being compensated as a result of the flu vaccine.

Sadly, this information, which is public knowledge, is routinely censored in the corporate “mainstream” media funded largely by Big Pharma, and most likely many pharmacists giving the flu shot also are not aware of these adverse reactions.

The September 6, 2018 report states that 294 petitions were filed during the 3-month time period between 5/16/18 – 8/15/18, with 198 cases being adjudicated and 139 cases compensated.

The DOJ report only lists 73 of the settlements (see below).

These 73 cases specify the vaccine, the injury, and the amount of time the case was pending before settlement.

48 of the 73 cases were for injuries due to the flu vaccine, making the annual flu shot the most dangerous vaccine in the U.S., by far.

In the video above, Dr. Mark Geier explains the fraud behind the flu vaccine. Dr. Geier is NOT anti-vaccine. He is an M.D. and has a Ph.D. in genetics. He spent 10 years working at the National Institute of Health, and was a professor at Johns Hopkins University as a geneticist. He is also the author of over 150 peer-reviewed publications.

He worked on vaccine safety and efficacy for more than 30 years. He was one of four scientists that worked to replace the DTP vaccine, a vaccine that caused every child to become sick with a high fever at the time of vaccination, with the DTaP vaccine, which is a more purified vaccine and causes illness due to fever in only 3% of those vaccinated.

Dr. Geier explains that the flu shot causes Guillain-Barré Syndrome, and that the flu shot is not very effective in preventing the flu.

He also explains that the CDC does not follow the law for vaccines in requiring long-term safety testing for the influenza vaccine like they do with other vaccines, as it is impossible to test a vaccine that changes every year.

So the flu vaccine is basically an experimental vaccine that they want to give out to 300 million people every year. There are also no studies showing the safety of giving the flu vaccine to the same person every single year.

However, Dr. Geier points out that the CDC is in the business of distributing flu vaccines, because they represent 300 million doses per year, whereas all the childhood vaccines together only number 20 million.

Dr. Geier goes on to explain that flu is “the wrong thing to vaccinate against” because you have to keep re-vaccinating against it every year, unlike childhood infectious diseases, such as smallpox, that are only vaccinated for once.

Dr. Geier points out how ridiculous it is spend billions of dollars on a vaccine that might, at its best, save about 50 lives a year, when there are far more serious problems causing death that are more worthy of that kind of expenditure.

Full Article.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Interesting. No need to use sources that are considered fringe, when you can go straight to the FDA to scare yourself about the hazards of bio-contamination in vaccines:

https://www.fda.gov/biologicsbloodva.../ucm127327.htm

I fired my doctor because she kept pushing flu shots on me. Staying healthy by not getting any vaccines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

This is probably the third time I have gotten a flu vaccine. I weigh a lot of factors, and this year looked like a good time to do it. I don’t recommend an annual flu shot just because they tell us to do it.

There are risks involving with everything, included the flu shot. There is also a very real risk of catching a nasty flu that will result in a minimum of weeks of misery, up to hospitalization and death. You could get hit by a car today and then you will never have to worry about the flu or a vaccine again. Risks everywhere.

Official doubletalk hides serious problems with flu shot safety and effectiveness
    https://www.bmj.com/content/360/bmj.k15/rr
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

i got shot 9 times but i dont walk with a limp

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    i got shot 9 times but i dont walk with a limp
    But you think with one.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nopes. Not happenin'
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I've been fortunate in that my immune system seems to be pretty good, and have not felt the need to augment it for the common flu.

If I were pressed to give someone advice, I would say, "WASH YOUR FKING HANDS"! Good hygiene is probably just as effective as the flu shot, and much less invasive/risky.

Having said all that, I could be persuaded to get a shot if I thought the reward/risk and probability of a desired outcome compelled me to do so.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

propaganda is high now:

'I have lost a part of myself': Mom's plea to parents after four-year-old son dies from flu

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lost-part...173110044.html
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    But you think with one.
    you dont even think

you dont even think
    Projection.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I've been fortunate in that my immune system seems to be pretty good, and have not felt the need to augment it for the common flu.

If I were pressed to give someone advice, I would say, "WASH YOUR FKING HANDS"! Good hygiene is probably just as effective as the flu shot, and much less invasive/risky.

Having said all that, I could be persuaded to get a shot if I thought the reward/risk and probability of a desired outcome compelled me to do so.
    And here’s where I will disagree with the standard propaganda from the Insurance-Medical-Media complex. Most flus and colds are airborne. Hand washing is no help for them. Hand washing is important to avoid fecal borne disease. Hand washing is important in that respect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast