Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Murder Rate Drops to 33-Year Low

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    That's great. Now let's compare it with the 1950s. Or even the late 19th Century:

Cool graphic! I'd like that as a t-shirt.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Shooting invaders isn't murder no matter how many times you say it.
    The murderers who murdered that 10 year old girl were convicted of murder no matter how many times you try to pretend it's not murder.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I remember lots of posts about imaginary Somali riots in Minnesota and the like.

Are those the ones you mean?
    Some people claimed they didn't happen after others reported them but no that isn't what I am talking about, I'm talking about studies that show illegal immigrants commit violent crimes at a much higher rate than citizens.

If we deported them, fewer people in the US would die.

Therefore, by opposing their deportation, you want more people in the US to die.

...however can you sleep at night.
    I respect the rights of citizens and I support the expulsion of invaders, I sleep just fine.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Therefore, we should deport all Louisianans.
    I wouldn't be opposed to it.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The murderers who murdered that 10 year old girl were convicted of murder no matter how many times you try to pretend it's not murder.
    Convicted by the same government that has convicted so many other patriots of false crimes and has deliberately facilitated the invasion to destroy our freedom.

Since when did you learn to love Big Brother?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Some people claimed they didn't happen after others reported them
    Some people made up stories with no sources and other people pointed out that there were no sources.

but no that isn't what I am talking about, I'm talking about studies that show illegal immigrants commit violent crimes at a much higher rate than citizens
    I saw a study once that said 87.35% of nationalists are cross-eyed transvestites.

I don't feel like posting it now, you'll have to take my word for it.

I respect the rights of citizens and I support the expulsion of invaders, I sleep just fine.
    In other words, it has nothing at all to do with crime, and that's merely a rationalization.

Yes, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Cool graphic! I'd like that as a t-shirt.
    Here's a more robust analysis of the same data:
    https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...est_media.html
    There's more at work than just gun control, such as the cultural shifts that started in the mid-late 1960s and the psychological effects of returning World War I vets..

The lower homicide rate in the 1950s is significant because:

1. We have better medical technology today, thereby turning incidents that would have been homicides in the past into assaults today.
    2. We have far more people in prison now than in the 1950s as a percentage of the population.
    3: We have a far bigger federal police force than in the 1950s as well as many, many more laws.
    4. Urbanization has increased since the 50s, which is a good predictor of crime.

Assuming ceteris paribus conditions between the time periods, the 50s look like the safer time period. Neither of them were as safe as the late 1800s.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

For the very long term:

*note the scale on the second chart

For the very long term:

*note the scale on the second chart

seriously, how have they been keeping statistics that long ago?

I'd imagine even the legal terms have changed in that time span.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

While you're looking for those studies, @Swordsmyth, here's some other data to ponder:

The darker colors represent higher murder rates.

As you can see, Louisiana has the highest murder rate in the country.

If we deported all Louisianans, the US murder rate would drop.

Therefore, we should deport all Louisianans. If you disagree, you want people to die.

...see if you can spot the flaw in this reasoning.
    No, that graphic illustrates a different 900 lb. gorilla in the room that nobody even dares talk about.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I disagree.

I think the more people armed and carrying those arms has made a clear, demonstrable and rapid impact in violent crime reduction.

I'm all for concealed carry and letting just about anyone get a gun. It might be a big reason. I just don't think it is the main reason. I think abortion is the biggest cause.. Crime dropped nationwide starting in the early 90s when Roe V Wade turned 18. And it started dropping earlier for states that had approved abortion sooner. That isn't a reason to be pro-choice but the data fits pretty perfectly to explain it. Also I think the mass incarceration made law probably works. I am not saying it is moral. (It isn't.) I just think it works. Singapore doesn't have a drug problem because they just execute you if you are in the drug trades. Not moral but works.

The citizens of Louisiana have a right to be here.
    The citizens of Louisiana have a right to be there.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to it.
    We could open it up to homesteaders then and call it Indian Territory .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Here's a more robust analysis of the same data:
    https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...est_media.html
    There's more at work than just gun control, such as the cultural shifts that started in the mid-late 1960s and the psychological effects of returning World War I vets..

The lower homicide rate in the 1950s is significant because:

1. We have better medical technology today, thereby turning incidents that would have been homicides in the past into assaults today.
    2. We have far more people in prison now than in the 1950s as a percentage of the population.
    3: We have a far bigger federal police force than in the 1950s as well as many, many more laws.
    4. Urbanization has increased since the 50s, which is a good predictor of crime.

Assuming ceteris paribus conditions between the time periods, the 50s look like the safer time period. Neither of them were as safe as the late 1800s.
    Good stuff, thank you for sharing this.

Must be all those immigrants we have been importing. Everybody says they have been impacting our crime rates.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    The citizens of Louisiana have a right to be there.
    So long as Louisiana is part of the union the correct word is "here".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No, that graphic illustrates a different 900 lb. gorilla in the room that nobody even dares talk about.
    Some deport-the-criminals types might be disinclined to mention it because they don't want to be called racists.

The more clever deport-the-criminals types realize that their logic, taken to its conclusion, leads to absurdity.

E.G. If one were serious about lowering the crime rate by deporting demographic groups, one would deport everyone except Asian women.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    seriously, how have they been keeping statistics that long ago?

I'd imagine even the legal terms have changed in that time span.
    Not sure if joking...

Of course they weren't keeping statistics 800 years ago.

The older data are based on historical evidence: e.g. what % of bodies buried in 12th century cemeteries evidence a violent death.

Some deport-the-criminals types might be disinclined to mention it because they don't want to be called racists.

The more clever deport-the-criminals types realize that their logic, taken to its conclusion, leads to absurdity.

E.G. If one were serious about lowering the crime rate by deporting demographic groups, one would deport everyone except Asian women.

Not sure if joking...

Of course they weren't keeping statistics 800 years ago.

The older data are based on historical evidence: e.g. what % of bodies buried in 12th century cemeteries evidence a violent death.

sounds pretty accurate...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The darker colors represent higher murder rates.

As you can see, Louisiana has the highest murder rate in the country.

If we deported all Louisianans, the US murder rate would drop.

Therefore, we should deport all Louisianans. If you disagree, you want people to die.

...see if you can spot the flaw in this reasoning.
    If we replaced the entire population of Louisiana with immigrants, the murder rate there would decline dramatically.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If we replaced the entire population of Louisiana with immigrants, the murder rate there would decline dramatically.
    What are you planning on doing with the people of Louisiana?

And the communism rate would spike so you can forget that idea no matter how you answer the question above.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What are you planning on doing with the people of Louisiana?

And the communism rate would spike so you can forget that idea no matter how you answer the question above.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Vampire and Zippy have officially endorsed population replacement. (OTHERWISE KNOWN AS ETHNIC CLEANSING)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Homicide stats are a bit iffy, since the number of homicides is supposed to fall simply because of advances in medicine. These days the general rule is that if you make it to the hospital alive, you'll survive, to a higher degree than before. You can have an increase in the overall level of violence and a decrease in homicides at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
    Homicide stats are a bit iffy, since the number of homicides is supposed to fall simply because of advances in medicine. These days the general rule is that if you make it to the hospital alive, you'll survive, to a higher degree than before. You can have an increase in the overall level of violence and a decrease in homicides at the same time.
    All true and that article was an old article even though it said it was from the 15th. But violent crime stats have fallen dramatically as well. https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...n-all-time-low

Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    sounds legit.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Washington Compost/Corporatist American Traitors Organization propaganda.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Vampire and Zippy have officially endorsed population replacement. (OTHERWISE KNOWN AS ETHNIC CLEANSING)
    Louisiana is not a race
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
    A few years ago LA doctors went on strike and the death rate went.....DOWN.
    There is no spoon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast