Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3,000 Hondurans Make New Run For US Border; Trump Threatens To Cut Aid If Not Stopped

Exclamation 3,000 Hondurans Make New Run For US Border; Trump Threatens To Cut Aid If Not Stopped

An estimated 2,500 - 3,000 Honduran migrants crossed into Guatemala on Monday for a second northbound trek to the US border in six months, following a tense standoff with police in riot gear.

Rows of Guatemalan police in black uniforms, some wearing helmets and shields, initially blocked migrants from reaching a customs booth, Reuters images showed. It was not clear how long the standoff lasted, but the group was ultimately able to cross, said march organizer Bartolo Fuentes, a former Honduran lawmaker.
    A police official on site said all Central Americans could pass freely through the region as long as they complied with migration control. -Yahoo!

"We're going to drop in on Donald Trump. He has to take us in," said 24-year-old Andrea Fernandez, who left Honduras with a newborn baby, a 5-year-old daughter and 7-year-old son because she said she could not find work and feared for their safety.

The caravan's attempt to seek asylum in the United States will spotlight President Trump's hardline immigration stance right ahead of midterms - as images of sobbing mothers and their malnourished children are sure to dominate headlines, should the group make it to the southern US border.
    President Trump on Tuesday threatened to cut off roughly $175 million in annual aid to Honduras if their government doesn't stop the caravan's progression.
    "The United States has strongly informed the President of Honduras that if the large Caravan of people heading to the U.S. is not stopped and brought back to Honduras, no more money or aid will be given to Honduras, effective immediately!" tweeted Trump.
    The United States has strongly informed the President of Honduras that if the large Caravan of people heading to the U.S. is not stopped and brought back to Honduras, no more money or aid will be given to Honduras, effective immediately!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 16, 2018
    Vice President Mike Pence called on presidents in the region to control the migrants, offering economic help and development in return.

Meanwhile, the US Embassy in Honduras said in a Sunday statement "We are seriously concerned about the caravan of migrants traveling north from Honduras, with false promises of entering the United States by those who seek to exploit their compatriots."
    Conforme avanza el día y el trayecto, más personas se suman a la caminata de migrantes que va rumbo a Estados Unidos. Más de mil personas, entre ellos, muchos niños, salen de Honduras, obligados por la grave crisis que se vive en el país. pic.twitter.com/nc4SvGt6zu
    — Gilda Silvestrucci (@GildateleSUR) October 13, 2018
    Guatemala says that they have not promoted or endorsed any "irregular migration," while many have noted the potentially political timing of the new caravan:
    An estimated 2,500 migrants from Honduras are traveling in a group intent on crossing the US Border. Guatemala was supposed to stop them but backed down. Interesting that this is happening again right before the Midterm elections... pic.twitter.com/Bg0hVqKkVy
    — Robby Starbuck (@robbystarbuck) October 16, 2018
    On Friday the Washington Post reported that the Trump administration is considering using family separation as a way to discourage people from illegally entering the United States. On Saturday, President Trump told reporters: "We’re going to do whatever we can do to get it slowed down," adding "If they feel there will be separation, they don’t come."
    Meanwhile former acting Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Tom Homan told Fox's Laura Ingraham on Monday night that the US should expect weekly caravans of illegal immigrants at the southern US border if Democrats take back control of the House this November.
    "If the Democrats take control of the House, this caravan issue is going to happen every week. It’s just going to keep coming, Homan said, adding: "It should be the biggest issue we’re talking about. And I hope the voters are paying attention to what’s happening."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...if-not-stopped

Is it an invasion yet?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Diversity is our strength!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Diversity is our strength!
    I am glad you finally realized that. The HR was getting very concerned.

The organizer of a migrant caravan from Honduras was detained on Tuesday in Guatemala after U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to withdraw funding and aid from Honduras if the flow of migrants north to the United States was not stopped.Guatemalan police officers detained Bartolo Fuentes, a former member of the Honduran Congress, from the middle of a large crowd he and three other organizers had led from San Pedro Sula, Honduras, since Saturday, bound for Mexico.
    The Honduran security ministry said Fuentes was detained because he "did not comply with Guatemalan immigration rules" and would be deported back to Honduras in the coming hours.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-thr...131917390.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Honduras can’t afford to pi$$ off the US. They just got hammered by a hurricane and need the money.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Look, he's carrying a bloody machete wrapped in a la raza flag.

Wait, no, it's a stuffed animal.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

Oh? Well then let's give him welfare and let him vote communist!
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 10-17-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

LOL, ya, dude is 35 and he's trying to impersonate a 15 year old..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BREAKING: Footage in Honduras giving cash 2 women & children 2 join the caravan & storm the US border @ election time. Soros? US-backed NGOs? Time to investigate the source! pic.twitter.com/5pEByiGkkN
    — Rep. Matt Gaetz (@RepMattGaetz) October 17, 2018

Over the Easter holiday, Americans across the country were shocked to hear of a caravan of Central Americans moving across Mexico with the goal of illegally entering the United States. The group behind the caravan, Pueblo Sin Fronteras, meaning people without borders, pledges to break immigration law in order to provide “refuge” for thousands of Central Americans.

The funding behind the group is unknown, but on their website they solicit funds through PayPal, despite their illegal activity directly breaking PayPal’s acceptable use policy.
    But while the funding of the group running the caravan is unknown, it is known who is funding some of the organizations supporting them. Mother Jones is a left-wing news organization, and after news broke of the caravans, they labeled those opposed to the caravan as “trolls.” In their article, they mince words to make the attempted illegal immigrant criminals sound like nothing more than peaceful migrants.
    After following the money, it becomes clear where Mother Jones’ agenda lies. A report from CNS News shows that Mother Jones has received immense funding from George Soros through the The Foundation for National Progress, which has received over $1 million from George Soros.
    George Soros has a clear incentive for groups like Pueblo Sin Fronteras flooding into the United States. He has been pushing for more open immigration laws around the world, resulting in him being condemned by world leaders.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/breaki...-join-caravan/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This is a trap and a losing issue for Trump and the GOP. This could blow the midterms.

Trump, in a series of tweets, said he would “call up” the military to close the border if Mexico fails to “stop this onslaught.”
    I am watching the Democrat Party led (because they want Open Borders and existing weak laws) assault on our country by Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, whose leaders are doing little to stop this large flow of people, INCLUDING MANY CRIMINALS, from entering Mexico to U.S.....
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 18, 2018
    ....In addition to stopping all payments to these countries, which seem to have almost no control over their population, I must, in the strongest of terms, ask Mexico to stop this onslaught - and if unable to do so I will call up the U.S. Military and CLOSE OUR SOUTHERN BORDER!..
    ....The assault on our country at our Southern Border, including the Criminal elements and DRUGS pouring in, is far more important to me, as President, than Trade or the USMCA. Hopefully Mexico will stop this onslaught at their Northern Border. All Democrats fault for weak laws!
    The president appeared to have been referring to a caravan of migrants now traveling through Honduras and Guatemala en route to the border. Trump’s tweets came after his favorite TV program, “Fox & Friends,” devoted several segments to the caravan.
    On Tuesday, he threatened to cut off aid to Honduras and Guatemala, as well as to El Salvador.
    Trump’s tweetstorm also took a swipe at Democrats for “open borders” and “weak laws.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-thr...120930467.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    This is a trap and a losing issue for Trump and the GOP. This could blow the midterms.
    Yep. Soros and the Democrats trying to gin up a crisis right before the elections.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Trying to pull the same scam the Arabs did in Europe. There needs to be military at the border right now waiting for them.

Cut all foreign aid.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Cut all foreign aid.
    Only if Israel is included.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mexico deployed hundreds of riot police on Thursday to intercept a caravan of more than 4,000 Central American migrants, following demands by President Trump that Mexio, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador intervene before he has to deploy US troops.
    MIGRANT CARAVAN: Two federal police-filled planes w/anti-riot gear landed near the Mexico/Guatemala border this morn (vid source: Policia Federal de Mexico). pic.twitter.com/UyneeXlPnu
    — KarlaZabs (@karlazabs) October 17, 2018

Mexico said in a Thursday statement that it would also seek assistance from the United Nations refugee agency for help coordinating with Central American governments of countries from which the migrants originated.
    Honduran riot police were deployed to the Guatemala border to stop more people joining a caravan of migrants and asylum seekers. They are headed to the U.S.-Mexico border to escape inequality and violence in Honduras, where 66% of people live in poverty. pic.twitter.com/cleR2movqs
    — AJ+ (@ajplus) October 17, 2018
    Hundreds of federal police in riot gear fanned out on the international bridge in Suchiate, on the Mexican-Guatemalan border, as the caravan of several thousand Honduran migrants trekked toward the crossing.
    Guatemala also sent police reinforcements to its side of the border, after Trump threatened to cut aid to the region, deploy the military and close the US-Mexican border if the migrants were allowed to continue.
    A first group of several hundred migrants arrived late Wednesday in the border town of Tecun Uman, Guatemala, where they overflowed a local shelter, leaving many to sleep in the town square or on the street, an AFP correspondent said. -AFP

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-snaps-fingers

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

MAGA
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

This isn't the first time running this gambit, it didn't work out great the last time they ran it, and Mexico is a lot less friendly to this one than the last one.

This will go nowhere.

The violent mob is trashing the entry port into Mexico, destroying fences and barricades.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Despite conspiracy theories, I'm not convinced this carvan has been been timed to arrive on border near midterm elections day to energize voters. This is nothing like Karl Rove's 'gay marriage' focussed political strategy to motivate GOP Christian base voters back in 2004.
    The timing is way too suspect. Fits right into the narrative, tons of crying children. Dems already know they won the family separation narrative and they're using it again.

If the invasion doesn't stop now, the GOP will have a big problem on their hands, this is just the beginning, the real news cycle hasn't even started yet.

Also hearing conflicting reports that its been taken care of with Mexico and some saying they're still coming.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

The violent mob is trashing the entry port into Mexico, destroying fences and barricades.
    But someone will come along and tell us this isn't an invasion soon enough.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    100 ISIS Terrorists Caught in Guatemala as Central American Caravan Heads to U.S.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...-heads-to-u-s/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Update (1800ET): As a surge of migrants broke through a steel fence that had been padlocked shut...

CNN reports Mexican police in riot gear pushed them back, setting off smoke canisters, and Buzzfeed reports the use of tear gas.

Hundreds of Mexican Federal Police sealed the border as drones and helicopters hovered above the crowd, which waited on a bridge in sweltering heat...

The chaos calmed somewhat as migrants formed lines in a mass of humanity stretching across the bridge. Some returned to the Guatemalan side to buy water and food.
    “Today, violent tides are trying to enter Mexico and they have hurt Mexican police. We did not use armed forces because we offered the obligation to help, “ Mexican Interior Secretary, Alfonso Navarrete Prida told Mexican Milenio television.
    At least a dozen migrants stuck on the bridge have jumped into the river below.

At least 20 people were treated for injuries after clashes with authorities, including a Mexican reporter, according to the Guatemalan Red Cross.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...towards-mexico

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Update (1800ET): As a surge of migrants broke through a steel fence that had been padlocked shut...
    ]
    What kinda pansy assed $#@! is that? You know what stops Zombie hordes? Razor wire. Razor wire stops Zombie hordes. Obviously Mexico isn't serious and needs to have all aid cut off.

Which MSM reporter is going to say tomorrow....

"You gave Mexico an ultimatum that if they didn't stop the caravan of invaders you would cut off any economic aid to their country. You drew the line in the sand. If they come into America will you withdraw all economic aid to Mexico? Or will your line in the sand be like Obama's?"

The answer is none. But if an independent news source could pose the question......

CNN reports Mexican police in riot gear pushed them back, setting off smoke canisters, and Buzzfeed reports the use of tear gas.

Hundreds of Mexican Federal Police sealed the border as drones and helicopters hovered above the crowd, which waited on a bridge in sweltering heat...

The chaos calmed somewhat as migrants formed lines in a mass of humanity stretching across the bridge. Some returned to the Guatemalan side to buy water and food.
    “Today, violent tides are trying to enter Mexico and they have hurt Mexican police. We did not use armed forces because we offered the obligation to help, “ Mexican Interior Secretary, Alfonso Navarrete Prida told Mexican Milenio television.

At least 20 people were treated for injuries after clashes with authorities, including a Mexican reporter, according to the Guatemalan Red Cross.

That is not how you peacefully enter a nation.

That is not how you peacefully enter a nation.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast