Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3,000 Hondurans Make New Run For US Border; Trump Threatens To Cut Aid If Not Stopped

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That is not how you peacefully enter a nation.
    It's an invasion but a few months from now when illegal immigration comes up somehow the usual NPC suspects will deny that it is again as if this never happened.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is not how you peacefully enter a nation.

Diversity and inclusion. My friend.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Which MSM reporter is going to say tomorrow....

"You gave Mexico an ultimatum that if they didn't stop the caravan of invaders you would cut off any economic aid to their country. You drew the line in the sand. If they come into America will you withdraw all economic aid to Mexico? Or will your line in the sand be like Obama's?"

The answer is none. But if an independent news source could pose the question......
    Maybe that's how he'll get Mexico to pay for the wall. Trump could just use the money that would have gone toward economic aid.

This is an invasion, organized by enemies of the United States, politically motivated to carry out a political and military objective.

It is an act of war.

So, according to the constitution, the executive has the authority to use military force, including the unorganized militia, to stop this:

Article II

Section 2

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States

Article IV

Section 4

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion

Because that's what an invading army does: carries their standard before them.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-19-2018 at 08:31 PM.

The defcon level is classified. This is incredibly tricky, if he moves too soon the media will get wind on it and raise hell right before the midterms.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    The defcon level is classified. This is incredibly tricky, if he moves too soon the media will get wind on it and raise hell right before the midterms.
    Ideally Mexico will stop them for us or at least slow them down enough that they don't reach the border and force a crackdown before the midterms.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    This is a trap and a losing issue for Trump and the GOP. This could blow the midterms.
    I already voted.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Yesterday evening, Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez said he had spoken to his Guatemalan counterpart Jimmy Morales for clearance to send civil protection personnel to help the Hondurans and to find transport for those wanting to return.
    “We’ll continue this operation for as long as is necessary,” Hernandez said in a post on Twitter.
    Shortly afterwards, Guatemala’s government tweeted that Hernandez would meet Morales today in Guatemala City to implement a strategy for returning the Honduran migrants.
    Meanwhile, in a late televised address, Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto called the mass rush to penetrate the border “unprecedented”, accusing some migrants of attacking police.
    “Mexico does not and will not allow (people) to enter its territory illegally, let alone violently,” he said.

Speaking in Scottsdale, Arizona yesterday, Trump said he “appreciated very much” Mexico’s efforts to stop the caravan.

“If that doesn’t work out, we’re calling up the military — not the (National) Guard — we’re calling up the military,” he told reporters. “They’re not coming into this country.”

More at: https://www.malaymail.com/s/1684902/...-turn-back-mou

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Mexico's wasn't that worried about them getting in, what are they going to do when all of those illegals get to our border and aren't allowed in, camping out on the Mexican side?

3000+ people just stopping and squatting will get out of hand very quickly.... we're mad!

Time to set some examples.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's an invasion...
    Most open border libertarian types would agree that you could fight an invasion force whose purpose is to violently disarm us. However, they have no issues with an invasion force who will simply vote to violently disarm us.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Got Mexico looking like the Hungary of North America.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Most open border libertarian types would agree that you could fight an invasion force whose purpose is to violently disarm us. However, they have no issues with an invasion force who will simply vote to violently disarm us.
    You are witnessing Fifth Generation warfare.

An invading army with no guns, no tanks, no air support...just damnable pity, to tug at the heart and fog the mind of the already softened and weak of the soon to be displaced and removed population.

Yesterday evening, Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez said he had spoken to his Guatemalan counterpart Jimmy Morales for clearance to send civil protection personnel to help the Hondurans and to find transport for those wanting to return.
    “We’ll continue this operation for as long as is necessary,” Hernandez said in a post on Twitter.
    Shortly afterwards, Guatemala’s government tweeted that Hernandez would meet Morales today in Guatemala City to implement a strategy for returning the Honduran migrants.
    Meanwhile, in a late televised address, Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto called the mass rush to penetrate the border “unprecedented”, accusing some migrants of attacking police.
    “Mexico does not and will not allow (people) to enter its territory illegally, let alone violently,” he said.

Speaking in Scottsdale, Arizona yesterday, Trump said he “appreciated very much” Mexico’s efforts to stop the caravan.

“If that doesn’t work out, we’re calling up the military — not the (National) Guard — we’re calling up the military,” he told reporters. “They’re not coming into this country.”

More at: https://www.malaymail.com/s/1684902/...-turn-back-mou

Where was Mexico when that first caravan came through? remember that one that reached the US Border.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Where was Mexico when that first caravan came through? remember that one that reached the US Border.
    They were helping them get here, Trump is finally holding them accountable and all of a sudden they do something about this one.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You are witnessing Fifth Generation warfare.

An invading army with no guns, no tanks, no air support...just damnable pity, to tug at the heart and fog the mind of the already softened and weak of the soon to be displaced and removed population.
    I was watching the video of them storming the barricades and I told my husband I had no idea how we would stop them. There are children, and I don't think anybody wants to see our troops opening fire on unarmed kids. My husband said once you feel sympathy, they've as good as won.

Seeing Zippy joyously taunting us, daring us to try to stop them, makes me a lot less sympathetic. The people on the border screwed up bu not reinforcing that chain link with fire hoses.

I will support calling out the National Guard on this shenanigan.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I was watching the video of them storming the barricades and I told my husband I had no idea how we would stop them. There are children, and I don't think anybody wants to see our troops opening fire on unarmed kids. My husband said once you feel sympathy, they've as good as won.

Seeing Zippy joyously taunting us, daring us to try to stop them, makes me a lot less sympathetic. The people on the border screwed up bu not reinforcing that chain link with fire hoses.

Civilization created rules so that we could act civilized but when people break those rules and try to use our civility against us we will eventually be forced to become uncivilized in order to restore civilization.

We must be willing to harm or even kill unarmed women and children if they try to use their status to break the rules or we might as well not have rules. (Even anarchist must be willing to harm or kill unarmed women and children if they try to attack them or steal from them etc.)

And it doesn't help that the media has declared older teenagers (and those who pretend to be older teenagers) to be "children" either.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ideally Mexico will stop them for us or at least slow them down enough that they don't reach the border and force a crackdown before the midterms.
    It took the last group more than a month to cross Mexico on foot. Assuming they get here. Midterms just a couple weeks away. But that won't stop Trump from trying to exploit the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It took the last group more than a month to cross Mexico on foot. Assuming they get here. Midterms just a couple weeks away. But that won't stop Trump from trying to exploit the situation.
    Trump is charged with enforcing the borders and immigration law. How exactly is he exploiting this?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Define "exploit".

Hint: it doesn't mean fulfilling his Constitutional duty

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Border enforcement today is not inconsistent with libertarian ideology. We have a massive and growing welfare state that has no end in sight.

You cannot have open borders and a welfare state.

Hence, the border must be enforced or the welfare state will be expanded on steroids to accommodate them. California is already pushing for illegals to vote and receive free health care.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Border enforcement today is not inconsistent with libertarian ideology. We have a massive and growing welfare state that has no end in sight.

You cannot have open borders and a welfare state.

Hence, the border must be enforced or the welfare state will be expanded on steroids to accommodate them. California is already pushing for illegals to vote and receive free health care.
    Illegal immigrants are not allowed to vote. They are not eligible for welfare or other Federal benefits like Social Security or Medicare/ Medicaid. Legal immigrants with proper visas are eligible for benefits after they are in the country legally for at least five years. Talk to your representatives about reducing welfare spending.

Illegal immigrants are not allowed to vote. They are not eligible for welfare or other Federal benefits like Social Security or Medicare/ Medicaid. Legal immigrants with proper visas are eligible for benefits after they are in the country legally for at least five years. Talk to your representatives about reducing welfare spending.
    Liberals help illegals cheat and they do vote and get welfare.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Lol horrible spin.

I said California is pushing for illegals to vote and received healthcare. On the other hand illegals DO vote and DO receive welfare.

I also said there will be no end in welfare so the borders must be enforced. Its far easier to enforce the borders than the end welfare.

I'm sorry if you don't like it but thats how it is.

Talk to your reps if you want open borders.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Lol horrible spin.

I said California is pushing for illegals to vote and received healthcare. On the other hand illegals DO vote and DO receive welfare.

I also said there will be no end in welfare so the borders must be enforced. Its far easier to enforce the borders than the end welfare.

I'm sorry if you don't like it but thats how it is.

Talk to your reps if you want open borders.
    Not spin. Facts.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Your hubby is a wise man, he is absolutely right, that is what makes this manner of warfare so effective, especially against a weak and self loathing population.

I no longer give a $#@!.

Don't want your stupid kids shot to ribbons by M60 fire?

Then $#@! right off back to where you came from.

Everybody's safe then.

And they routinely do vote and do collect these benefits.

Crossing the border without proper documentation is not allowed either.

Yet here they are.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not spin. Facts.
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Someone has to be Funding that adventure.. Someone paid the organizers.

Perhaps the same ones feigning outrage now.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Someone has to be Funding that adventure.. Someone paid the organizers.

Perhaps the same ones feigning outrage now.
    Soros has been linked to it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And they routinely do vote and do collect these benefits.

Crossing the border without proper documentation is not allowed either.

Yet here they are.
    I might point out that if they manage to get across the border and apply for asylum they're immediately eligible for benefits, even though the reasons that the Hondurans cite are not considered grounds for asylum.

Mexico agreed to take them in, but they don't want that.
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-20-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast