View Poll Results: Anyone Else Voting The Republican Ticket Nov 6?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 40.74%
  • No

    16 59.26%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Anyone Else Voting The Republican Ticket Nov 6?

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Why do you hate America?
    I actually love it and that's why I want to make it great again. The clueless Liar-in-Chief needs restraint on his power. The one good thing I can think of about his presidency is that he's bringing the topic of executive overreach back into the mainstream and maybe he's what we need to make people (specifically the left) start paying attention to the Constitution a little more. I really don't know. But it sure doesn't feel great having our country's direction following the whims of a narcissistic idiot.
    Authoritarianism and neoconservatism cannot be made great again.
    Trump was an enemy of Ron Paul, before he was an enemy of Rand Paul, before he was an enemy of the Freedom Caucus.
    One thing that he has remained consistent in is his hate of liberty and those who promote it.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    I actually love it and that's why I want to make it great again. The clueless Liar-in-Chief needs restraint on his power. The one good thing I can think of about his presidency is that he's bringing the topic of executive overreach back into the mainstream and maybe he's what we need to make people (specifically the left) start paying attention to the Constitution a little more. I really don't know. But it sure doesn't feel great having our country's direction following the whims of a narcissistic idiot.
    The left has an extremely short attention span when it comes to the Constitution. They may cling to an instance of executive overreach, but they're not concerned about much of anything else that is Constitutional.

    The OP said we could consider his "button pushed". Well, mine has been pushed, too, but not by one incident or issue. The left has gone so far left in the last two years that what was previously extreme far left is now mainstream. So many of them now openly are for socialism.

    For over 20 years, I have been critical of both Democrat and Republican presidents. And Trump is obviously more authoritarian than libertarian. But I have been concerned, in the last two years, more about the people than the President. I'm thinking of something that was said by a Professor who was previously a Marxist, and is now Libertarian. The wake up call for him was when he saw, under the left's veneer of equalitarianism, there was totalitarianism.
    Last edited by smtwngrl2; 11-07-2018 at 03:04 PM.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    The one good thing I can think of about his presidency is that he's bringing the topic of executive overreach back into the mainstream and maybe he's what we need to make people (specifically the left) start paying attention to the Constitution a little more.

    They've done nothing but double-down on their disdain for the constitution and freedom broadly. They're $#@!s, and they want all of us silenced, compliant and out of the way or dead

    But it sure doesn't feel great having our country's direction following the whims of a narcissistic idiot.
    Trump's done a better job than the previous presidents of winning existing wars and avoiding new ones, he's lowered taxes and regulations, and he's got the economy humming along. All in all, he's been so so much better than we could have imagined.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Trump's done a better job than the previous presidents of winning existing wars and avoiding new ones, he's lowered taxes and regulations, and he's got the economy humming along. All in all, he's been so so much better than we could have imagined.
    You, sir, must have a very limited imagination.

    (Also, quit saying Trump lowered taxes - that's a load of horse$#@!. You can say he lowered certain types of taxes, but he's raised other ones. If you understand that the spending is the real tax, then you'll understand that, at best, he just shifted the burden onto someone else. Namely, our grandchildren. Yay!)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    You, sir, must have a very limited imagination.

    (Also, quit saying Trump lowered taxes - that's a load of horse$#@!. You can say he lowered certain types of taxes, but he's raised other ones. If you understand that the spending is the real tax, then you'll understand that, at best, he just shifted the burden onto someone else. Namely, our grandchildren. Yay!)
    I keep more of my money. Hillary would have cost me money. The economy is far better than it was under Obama. Hillary would have us worse off than Trump. Trump has somehow managed to avoid starting new wars. Hillary would have us at war in so many different places now. Trump has been sticking-up for the principle of free speech. Hillary would be trying to have people jailed for expressing 'dangerous' opinions on the internet.

    I didn't vote Trump, but I wish I would have. If you imagined him delivering this much, you've got better foresight than me.

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    I keep more of my money. Hillary would have cost me money. The economy is far better than it was under Obama. Hillary would have us worse off than Trump. Trump has somehow managed to avoid starting new wars. Hillary would have us at war in so many different places now. Trump has been sticking-up for the principle of free speech. Hillary would be trying to have people jailed for expressing 'dangerous' opinions on the internet.

    I didn't vote Trump, but I wish I would have. If you imagined him delivering this much, you've got better foresight than me.
    TDS is incurable.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads

  1. [YouTube] How to Get Ron Paul Onto the Republican Ticket
    By deadfish in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 09:41 PM
  2. Republican Debates Are a Hot Ticket on TV
    By TexMac in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 04:14 AM
  3. Legislative Initiative: Abolish Straight Ticket Voting
    By Imperial in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 09:45 PM
  4. Forget this, I'm voting for the Kucinich/McCain Ticket
    By mexicanpizza in forum New Hampshire
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 04:04 AM
  5. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 06:39 AM

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •