Thread: Economic Political Activism

Economic Political Activism

https://www.yahoo.com/news/maine-fac...135002653.html

The boycott campaign took off when John Fugelsang, a comedian and actor, took to Twitter to voice his disgust to his 413,000 followers.

“Dear Susan Collins – I really struggled with this but my tourist $ just voted against ever visiting Maine while you remain in office,” he tweeted.

Mr Fugelsang has since said he was only joking, but already people have been voting with their wallets.

They include John Tesar, the owner of six restaurants in Texas, who spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on Maine seafood every year.

He said he will look elsewhere in order to encourage Maine’s fishermen to vote her out of office.

Personally, I'm all for the free market and people spend their dollars as they please. But what about the innocent lobster guy pulling in traps just to put food on the table?

What are your thoughts on Economic Activism?
    What would be the Libertarian stance on this?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/maine-fac...135002653.html

The boycott campaign took off when John Fugelsang, a comedian and actor, took to Twitter to voice his disgust to his 413,000 followers.

“Dear Susan Collins – I really struggled with this but my tourist $ just voted against ever visiting Maine while you remain in office,” he tweeted.

Mr Fugelsang has since said he was only joking, but already people have been voting with their wallets.

They include John Tesar, the owner of six restaurants in Texas, who spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on Maine seafood every year.

He said he will look elsewhere in order to encourage Maine’s fishermen to vote her out of office.

Personally, I'm all for the free market and people spend their dollars as they please. But what about the innocent lobster guy pulling in traps just to put food on the table?

What are your thoughts on Economic Activism?
    What would be the Libertarian stance on this?
    It depends on the extremity of the "offenses" and the accuracy of the targeting, liberals are willing to try to destroy entire states for ordinary political disagreements these days.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

John Tesar sounds like a real winner..https://www.dmagazine.com/publicatio...hef-in-dallas/

Also, from the yahoo article quoted;
    The state's lobster industry is already reeling because of the punitive tariffs imposed by China as a result of the trade war launched by the Trump Administration.
    "The Patriarch"