Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you should vote Republican this election:

Thumbs up Why you should vote Republican this election:

It's important to vote Republican this election.

Why?

Because once the Republicans gain control of Congress and the White House:

- the budget will be balanced and the deficit will be reduced

- the national debt will start to be paid down

- anti-gun laws will be repealed

- abortion will be outlawed

- the government will get completely out of healthcare

- corporate and personal welfare will be eliminated

If the Democrats keep control of the government then none of these things will happen. We can only count on any of this happening if the Republicans are running the show. So get out there and do your part!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vote early, vote hard.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

Why?

If the Democrats keep control of the government then none of these things will happen. We can only count on any of this happening if the Republicans are running the show. So get out there and do your part!

This sounds an aweful lot like the promises Republicans made back in 1994 when they were basically begging Americans to give them control of both houses in spite of the fact that they'd just stabbed us in the back by collaborating in the passage of both the 94 assault weapons ban and the Brady Act, the latter they went so far as to engage in late night holiday sessions in order to help rewrite the bill to include the instant background check, rendering it de facto federal registration of all new gun sales.

They got their wish. Big red wave in today's terms. Majorities in both houses.

How many of the promises above did they actually keep, among many others? NONE. NADA. ZIP. A BIG FAT ZERO.

Typical. Go Republicans.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 10-14-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Vote early, vote hard.
    Finally, a gasp of fresh air.
    "I am a bird"

Why?

Hitting the bottle early today?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Vote early, vote hard.

You forgot "vote often."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    This sounds an aweful lot like the promises Republicans made back in 1994 when they were basically begging Americans to give them control of both houses in spite of the fact that they'd just stabbed us in the back by collaborating in the passage of both the 94 assault weapons ban and the Brady Act, the latter they went so far as to engage in late night holiday sessions in order to help rewrite the bill to include the instant background check, rendering it de facto federal registration of all new gun sales.

How many of the promises above did they actually keep, among many others? NONE. NADA. ZIP. A BIG FAT ZERO.

Typical. Go Republicans.
    I'm hoping it's satire.
    "The Patriarch"

I'm hoping it's satire.

I'm right there with you.

I'd +rep you if I could.
    Chris

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does anybody in this thread understand the concept of a spectrum?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Why?

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I'm hoping it's satire.
    I’m betting it is.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Does anybody in this thread understand the concept of a spectrum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

When Democrats last held Congress and the Presidency, you got Kagan and Sotomayor on the Supreme Court. Obamacare. Dodd-Frank. Cash for Clunkers. And massive increases in environmental regulations.

With Trump and Republicans, you get good to great judges not just on the Supreme Court but the lower courts are getting packed. A corporate income tax rate that is competitive with the rest of the world. A slowdown of the regulatory state that hasn't been seen in modern history. No transaction tax. No push for universal health care. No real gun control. On a scale of ten, Republicans are an 11 on the gun issue. They are great on guns. Not just good. They are pretty absolutist in the face of pressure on that issue.

As far as paying down the debt, when did that ever become a goal of libertarians? That isn't my goal. You bitched about Amash being against crony tax loopholes on the state level where budgets have to be balanced but worry about having high taxes to pay the national debt? That is the complete opposite view a libertarian should take. The budget should always be at a deficit on the federal level. The spending is the bad part but even that is in line with what has been historically going back to the 50s as a share of GDP. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/FYONGDA188S

I usually vote LP in statewide and national races but will vote Republican this year. Very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    When Democrats last held Congress and the Presidency, you got Kagan and Sotomayor on the Supreme Court. Obamacare. Dodd-Frank. Cash for Clunkers. And massive increases in environmental regulations.
    This ^^^

You really want to keep looking at Feinstein and Pelosi?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    This ^^^

You really want to keep looking at Feinstein and Pelosi?
    Don't worry, we can have a red wave without these tools and continue to make progress without them.

Republicans certainly aren't going to get government completely out of healthcare, but they can turn back the tide and help the market get back to functioning better again.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I’m good with that. We’re less than a month away and I don’t see Libertarian candidates on the ballot.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs down

When Democrats last held Congress and the Presidency, you got Kagan and Sotomayor on the Supreme Court. Obamacare. Dodd-Frank. Cash for Clunkers. And massive increases in environmental regulations. With Trump and Republicans, you get good to great judges not just on the Supreme Court but the lower courts are getting packed.
    Trump is pushing more gun control than Obama did. The Republican Congress and President are growing the deficit larger than Obama did (amazingly).

John Roberts gave us Obamacare and Gorsuch gave us overreaching national internet sales taxes. Kavanaugh has, in the past, given us unlimited warrantless spying on citizens.

A corporate income tax rate that is competitive with the rest of the world. A slowdown of the regulatory state that hasn't been seen in modern history. No transaction tax. No push for universal health care.
    All good steps, but they should be going a lot farther.

No real gun control.
    I have to call BS on this one. Trump is about to ban bump stocks.

On a scale of ten, Republicans are an 11 on the gun issue. They are great on guns. Not just good. They are pretty absolutist in the face of pressure on that issue.
    Then why haven't they repealed the NFA and all other unconstitutional gun control laws.

As far as paying down the debt, when did that ever become a goal of libertarians?
    Always. Fiscal conservatism is part of libertarianism.

The budget should always be at a deficit on the federal level.
    This makes zero sense whatsoever.

Are you sure you're on the right forums?
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Always. Fiscal conservatism is part of libertarianism.

This makes zero sense whatsoever.

Are you sure you're on the right forums?

Fiscal conservatism is certainly part of Gary Johnson's definition of libertarianism. I do consider Gary a libertarian so I guess there is one person who agrees. Zippyjuan is big on that. Howard Dean is for balanced budgets. He says he is a fiscal conservative. Michael Bloomberg says he is a fiscal conservative.

People who want smaller government like Walter Williams and Milton Friedman, not so big balanced budgets or paying down debt.

https://www.creators.com/read/walter...limit-spending

Try harder. Be better. You should post less and listen more and learn more about the philosophy.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 10-14-2018 at 02:25 PM.

You forgot "vote often."
    Vote early, Vote hard, vote often.

Suffragium Primo, Suffragium Durum, Suffragium saepe.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Trump is pushing more gun control than Obama did.
    No. He's really not. Saying stuff like that should eliminate all credibility from you on anything.

John Roberts gave us Obamacare and Gorsuch gave us overreaching national internet sales taxes. Kavanaugh has, in the past, given us unlimited warrantless spying on citizens.
    All three preferable (by far) to Kagan and Sotomayor

I have to call BS on this one. Trump is about to ban bump stocks.
    I don't care. That means nothing. It is a nothing issue. Nixon wanted to ban all handguns. If this is the kind of thing that is considered "gun control" that is pretty good place to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    LOL

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Don't worry, we can have a red wave without these tools and continue to make progress without them.

Republicans certainly aren't going to get government completely out of healthcare, but they can turn back the tide and help the market get back to functioning better again.
    I want to see Trump privatize the VA.

If I vote for Trump, will RBG die?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People who want smaller government like Walter Williams and Milton Friedman, not so big balanced budgets or paying down debt.
    Then they fail at economics (remember Friedman is ok with the Fed).

No. He's really not.
    Obama enacted zero gun control. Trump is about to enact more.

All three preferable (by far) to Kagan and Sotomayor
    If they violate the Constitution then it makes no difference if a Republican or Democrat president appointed them.

I don't care. That means nothing. It is a nothing issue.
    Incorrect. Any gun control is a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

Are you kidding? This Congress managed to cut the income tax by .5% or in some cases even a whole 1% which is just an enormous tax cut.

It's one of the largest tax cuts in the past 100 years!

Sure, they also increased taxes on imports but any good American should be buying American products anyway.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

You can count on me to do my part

I'm gonna vote super extra hard this time around!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Obama enacted zero gun control. Trump is about to enact more.
    O'Bummer only failed to enact gun control because of Republicans in Congress, Trump is about to enact a regulatory bumpstock ban that will fail in the courts, if you want to see a legislative bumpstock or even semi-auto ban that will be more likely to survive a court challenge then let the Demoncrats take over Congress.

If they violate the Constitution then it makes no difference if a Republican or Democrat president appointed them.
    It matters how much they violate the Constitution, the only reason the bumpstock ban will probably fail in the courts is because we got Gorsuch instead of Garland and now we have Kavanaugh instead of Kennedy.

Incorrect. Any gun control is a violation of the 2nd Amendment.
    Absolutely true but there is still a difference between banning a gimmick accessory and banning all handguns or all semi-autos.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast