Thread: Kamala Harris 2020? The California senator is heading to Iowa

Kamala Harris 2020? The California senator is heading to Iowa

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/art...s-13305241.php

Oct. 13, 2018

Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., will visit Democratic leaders and early voters in Des Moines.

Sen. Kamala Harris will travel to Iowa this month, increasing the buzz around her possible run for president in 2020.

The California Democrat is scheduled to spend Oct. 22 and 23 in the state, whose caucuses are set to be the first-in-the-nation votes during the next presidential cycle.

Traveling to early voting states allows presidential hopefuls to make connections with local party leaders, donors and activists and lay the groundwork for any future campaign.

“We are all very excited,” Sean Bagniewski, chairman of the Polk County Democrats, said of Harris’ trip, which will take place two weeks before the Nov. 6 midterm elections.

Harris is scheduled to speak to Democratic activists and early voters in downtown Des Moines the night of Oct. 22 at an event put on by the local organization, Bagniewski said. She will be introduced onstage by Deidre DeJear, a candidate for Iowa secretary of state whom Harris has endorsed.

DeJear is the first black candidate in Iowa to run for a statewide office with a major political party.

Harris, who gained attention and plaudits among progressives for her pointed questioning of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, is also scheduled to swing through eastern Iowa and Cedar Rapids on Oct. 23.

The trip was originally supposed to take place the next week but was moved up when the Senate adjourned earlier than expected, Bagniewski said. Harris’ last high-profile stop in Iowa was in 2008, when she was San Francisco’s district attorney and campaigning for Barack Obama.

Along with Harris, Sens. Cory Booker of New Jersey and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts have been “the most requested” guests, Bagniewski said. Another 2020 hopeful, Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, may return to the state later this month.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As speaker of the California State Assembly from 1980 to 1995, Willie Brown was by far the Golden State’s most powerful shot-caller. In 1994 Brown, 60, met Kamala Harris, a full 30 years his junior, and she became “the Speaker’s new steady,” Brown’s “girlfriend” and “frequent companion.” The two-year relationship worked out well for Harris.

Willie Brown appointed Harris to the state Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, which paid $97,088 a year. She served six months and Brown then appointed her to the California Medical Assistance Commission, which met only once a month but paid Harris $72,000. Call it “poontronage,” a politician’s appointment of his steady girlfriend, frequent companion, and main squeeze to a lucrative government position requiring little work.

Brown also raised money for Harris in her run for San Francisco district attorney in 2003. She defeated her former boss Terence Hallinan but promised never to seek the death penalty.
    The next year, Harris ran for state attorney general and the Sacramento Bee endorsed her Republican rival Steve Cooley. Harris won by less than one percentage point, but as the Bee saw it, “she could be more aggressive on public corruption cases, though her handlers might worry that would cause friction with fellow Democratic politicians.”

The new span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge—10 years late, $5 billion over budget and riddled with safety issues—had whistleblowers calling for a criminal investigation. Duly apprised of the fathomless corruption, Harris failed to launch any criminal probe. With voter fraud and violent crime she simply looked the other way.
    As Democrats vied for the Senate seat vacated by Barbara Boxer, Willie Brown, now in his 80s, suggested that former Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa should stay out of the race in favor of Kamala Harris. He did, and the candidacy was essentially a walk-on for Harris, now a leading advocate for the DACA crowd.
    https://amgreatness.com/2018/04/21/p...la-met-willie/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Along with Harris, Sens. Cory Booker of New Jersey and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts have been “the most requested” guests, Bagniewski said. Another 2020 hopeful, Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, may return to the state later this month.
    Kamala is the worst of a bad lot, IMO. A tragic disaster as California attorney general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

She's the female version of Obama. Obama took office as a senator in 2005 and then announced his candidacy for POTUS two years later. Harris took office as a senator in 2017 will most likely do the same thing.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I haven't seen any charisma from her. She was rather nasty during the Kav hearing. Who wants to vote for a scold?
    The Bernie people don't like her because she's another candidate foisted on them by party leaders.

Funny how all the democrats that people are speculating are going to run for president happen to be representing states that are ranked horribly on overall freedom.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

https://twitter.com/SandymutzMutz/st...92117644607490

Senator Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) failed to fill small auditorium at an early voting rally in Iowa, an important battleground state to which a visit generally signifies a politician’s plan to run for president.
    Those prospects might have been slightly diminished for Harris, the progressive member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, who spoke to a crowd of only about 70 in an unfilled auditorium, according to a local CBS reporter.
    WATCH:
    Unofficial count: over 70 people here for @SenKamalaHarris at an early voting rally at DMACC. It’s her first appearance in #Iowa since ‘08 amid 2020 rumors. #iapolitics #iacaucus pic.twitter.com/jkgFJ67L2b
    — Caroline Cummings (@CaroRCummings) October 22, 2018

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/sad-on...ts-everywhere/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    She's the female version of Obama. Obama took office as a senator in 2005 and then announced his candidacy for POTUS two years later. Harris took office as a senator in 2017 will most likely do the same thing.
    Bingo! shes another "great unifier"
    https://news.yahoo.com/white-house-h...-election.html

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

She will not get 7 1/2 percent of the Iowa vote .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    I haven't seen any charisma from her. She was rather nasty during the Kav hearing. Who wants to vote for a scold?
    The Bernie people don't like her because she's another candidate foisted on them by party leaders.
    None of them want a california dud foisted on them . There will be no winning candidates coming from there .
    Do something Danke

Kamala Harris Top 5 Gun Controls

Ban Semiautomatic Firearms ...

Ban Bump Stocks ...

Ban 18-20 Year Olds from Buying Long Guns ...

Criminalization of Private Gun Sales ...

Fight Against Concealed Carry ...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    She will not get 7 1/2 percent of the Iowa vote .
    She didn't make it that far.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Funny how all the democrats that people are speculating are going to run for president happen to be representing states that are ranked horribly on overall freedom.
    That is because if it is up to them there will be no freedom in states they control .It is the communist party .Anything else is pretending otherwise.
    Do something Danke

Now she has endorsed Joe Biden. She is in the race for the VP slot.

Klobuchar, Michelle or Kamala, which will Joe pick?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I watched the video where she came out and endorsed Biden. She looked completely dead on the inside. Almost like she knows that Biden cannot win.

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.