Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are these people Libertarians?

Unregistered

Are these people Libertarians?

I don't know a lot about politics, but a friend of mine has told me that the following political groups are trying to basically take over the world in order to prevent any more wars.

1. The Club of Rome
    2. The Council on Foreign relations
    3. The Bilderberg Group
    4. The Committee of Three Hundred
    5. The Trilateral Commission

I know all these groups actually exist because I have looked them up on Google.

I also know that Libertarians champion individual rights, which would obviously be destroyed in the event of a war situation. So I'm wondering if these groups have Libertarian ideas on this matter.

And if they don't have Libertarian ideas, what ideas do they have to prevents wars?

Thanks everyone.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Yes
    OK. Thanks.

Absolutely not, those groups want to micromanage your life and they are more than happy to cause wars to get what they want.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Real vegetarians devour vegetables.
    Real pescetarians devour fish.
    So it follows that real libertarians must devour liberals.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Absolutely not, those groups want to micromanage your life and they are more than happy to cause wars to get what they want.
    Yes, apparently they are what's known as 'Globalists'.

But I don't know if they have any real power to actually do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Grisham View Post
    Yes, apparently they are what's known as 'Globalists'.

But I don't know if they have any real power to actually do anything.
    Their members have power and they get things done.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You know, he may be asking a serious question...would be nice if one of us gave him an in depth serious answer.

Swordsymth at least tried.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ...the following political groups are trying to basically take over the world in order to prevent any more wars.

Oh no; don't tell me they are doing another remake.

Nothing beats an original:

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

tl;dr-none of those are libertarian groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You know, he may be asking a serious question...would be nice if one of us gave him an in depth serious answer.
    I agree.

It would be good to see a genuine Libertarian analysis of what these so called 'Globalist' groups actually do, instead of the contradictory stuff you can find on the internet.

If I had the knowledge I would attempt it myself. But unfortunately I don't.
    Last edited by Steve Grisham; 10-17-2018 at 09:18 AM.

I don't know a lot about politics, but a friend of mine has told me that the following political groups are trying to basically take over the world in order to prevent any more wars.

1. The Club of Rome
    3. The Bilderberg Group

I also know that Libertarians champion individual rights, which would obviously be destroyed in the event of a war situation. So I'm wondering if these groups have Libertarian ideas on this matter.

And if they don't have Libertarian ideas, what ideas do they have to prevents wars?

Thanks everyone.
    Woah dude,, they do not prevent wars,, they cause and feed off the misery..

Your initial premise is incorrect..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The groups that you mention actually are the worlds power if they want to play war they will play war if they want to play peace they will play peace but, either way probably a lot of people will die.

1. The Club of Rome
    3. The Bilderberg Group

Thanks everyone.
    America seeks to dominate the world to maintain a 25% energy use for 5% of the world's population.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    America seeks to dominate the world to maintain a 25% energy use for 5% of the world's population.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    How else are we going to feed your lazy ass?

We believe our lying eyes...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shortround

All of them espouse a classic liberalism, so Libertarian is befitting them as any here.

1. The Club of Rome
    3. The Bilderberg Group

Thanks everyone.
    I am unaware of any Liberty principles practiced by these organizations .
    Do something Danke

They are the antithesis of liberty.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

ya missed one

the UN
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

1. The Club of Rome
    3. The Bilderberg Group

Thanks everyone.
    In their own way Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine were trying to end war by killing anyone that opposed them. And Thanos just wanted to cure universal hunger by killing half of the universe. Just having stated aims of world peace does not make you libertarian.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Hello all,

While here we are trying to argue if the aforementioned people are Libertarians or not, on the other side trillions of your dollars are being wasted on wars!

Did you guys know that every year the world is spending more than 2 trillion dollars on maintaining armed forces?

Only 20% of that money could have gone into easily finding a cure to cancer!!

Don't believe it?? Read what this latest research has to say ...

( Are these facts really true??)

I know a lot of you will find this statement controversial, but I personally feel cancer cure> wars..

Do let me know your thoughts...

Cheerios!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorallen View Post
    Hello all,

While here we are trying to argue if the aforementioned people are Libertarians or not, on the other side trillions of your dollars are being wasted on wars!

Did you guys know that every year the world is spending more than 2 trillion dollars on maintaining armed forces?

I know a lot of you will find this statement controversial, but I personally feel cancer cure> wars..

Cheerios!

We had no idea.

Hello all,

Cheerios!
    If government spent the money no cure would be found.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Both the Fascists and Communists of the 20th century had a goal of freedom and liberation for humanity. However they followed a European idea of liberty propagated by Georg Hegel. What was important was not the freedom of the individual. That seemed meaningless. They instead aimed for the freedom of the 'nation' through the state.

Morality and freedom for the individual came from being aligned with the family and aligned with the state. Freedom for humanity would come from a triumphant Germany run by the workers spreading freedom.

In setting up such a state, anything that helps it to be secure and strong is permissible, including oppression, genocides, wars of aggression, etc. Individuals don't matter per se. Once the State is set up to be healthy and free then all the people within it will also be free by definition.

One can believe in liberty, but there are worlds of difference in what that means, and in the means allowable in achieving it.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Hello all,

And you want to give the same people more money in the hope they will suddenly do right with it?

besides,, the Cure for cancer IS ALREADY KNOWN.

Cannabis

The cure for government is more elusive.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

The cure for government is more elusive.
    Nah... According to many in here, the cure for government is more government.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Hello all,

Cheerios!
    Curing cancer would cost a lot of people their jobs.

Quit being a communist.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Unregistered

This ****** was a libtardian also:

Can we blame the government here?

If government spent the money no cure would be found.

A lot of experts believe that cancer is a "man-made"disease or a "modern man's disease". This is so because our so-called modern lifestyle has introduced a number of toxins into our systems which are cancer-causing in nature.

Our meats are laced with nitrites - water is brimming with lead - air has all types of heavy metals- and food is artificially flavored with toxic compounds.

Do you think the government has NO role in regulating these??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast