Thread: This May Be The Looniest Anti-Male Op-Ed Ever Written

This May Be The Looniest Anti-Male Op-Ed Ever Written

On Friday, The Washington Post ran what could easily rank as the single looniest op-d they’ve ever run: a piece from Victoria Bissell Brown, retired history professor at Grinnell College, arguing that men are incapable of being good, even if they oppose sexism. Men are, by nature, vile and terrible, and can’t fix anything by listening to women – instead, they must change from within. Sadly, though, they’re not capable of such change, which begs the question: what the hell are men supposed to do, aside from die?

Brown begins by talking about screaming at her husband. Really.
    I yelled at my husband last night. Not pick-up-your-socks yell. Not how-could-you-ignore-that-red-light yell. This was real yelling. This was 30 minutes of from-the-gut yelling. Triggered by a small, thoughtless, dismissive, annoyed, patronizing comment. Really small. A micro-wave that triggered a hurricane. I blew. Hard and fast. And it terrified me. I’m still terrified by what I felt and what I said. I am almost 70 years old. I am a grandmother. Yet in that roiling moment, screaming at my husband as if he represented every clueless male on the planet (and I every angry woman of 2018), I announced that I hate all men and wish all men were dead. If one of my grandchildren yelled something that ridiculous, I’d have to stifle a laugh.
    But she didn’t stifle a laugh. Instead, she doubles down in the pages of The Washington Post. It turns out that her bats*** loonyness isn’t actually bats*** loonyness: screaming at her husband is well-founded. Why? Because he’s a male. Even a male who will sit there letting her scream at him.
    My husband of 50 years did not have to stifle a laugh. He took it dead seriously. He did not defend his remark, he did not defend men. He sat, hunched and hurt, and he listened. For a moment, it occurred to me to be grateful that I’m married to a man who will listen to a woman. The winds calmed ever so slightly in that moment. And then the storm surge welled up in me as I realized the pathetic impotence of nice men’s plan to rebuild the wreckage by listening to women. As my rage rushed through the streets of my mind, toppling every memory of every good thing my husband has ever done (and there are scores of memories), I said the meanest thing I’ve ever said to him: Don’t you dare sit there and sympathetically promise to change. Don’t say you will stop yourself before you blurt out some impatient, annoyed, controlling remark. No, I said, you can’t change. You are unable to change. You don’t have the skills and you won’t do it. You, I said, are one of the good men. You respect women, you believe in women, you like women, you don’t hit women or rape women or in any way abuse women. You have applauded and funded feminism for a half-century. You are one of the good men. And you cannot change. You can listen all you want, but that will not create one iota of change.
    So, he’s listening to her. He’s sympathizing. He’s asking what he can do. And her answer is: nothing. And shut up. But listen. But, actually, don’t listen, because your listening means nothing. But do something. But you can’t.

All righty, then.
    Here’s her recommendation for men:
    In the centuries of feminist movements that have washed up and away, good men have not once organized their own mass movement to change themselves and their sons or to attack the mean-spirited, teasing, punching thing that passes for male culture. Not once. Bastards. Don’t listen to me. Listen to each other. Talk to each other. Earn your power for once.
    Really? Not once have men organized a movement to curb male aggression? What does she think Western civilization is? What does she think religious education is? What does she think law enforcement is? What does she think marriage is? What does she think institutions devoted to the inculcation of virtue are? If men haven’t restricted men, and women can’t restrict men, why are women safer, freer and more prosperous in the West than anywhere, anytime in world history? She’s a history professor – shouldn’t she know this?

More at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/37066...nd-ben-shapiro
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yelled at my husband last night. Not pick-up-your-socks yell. Not how-could-you-ignore-that-red-light yell. This was real yelling. This was 30 minutes of from-the-gut yelling. Triggered by a small, thoughtless, dismissive, annoyed, patronizing comment. Really small. A micro-wave that triggered a hurricane. I blew. Hard and fast. And it terrified me. I’m still terrified by what I felt and what I said. I am almost 70 years old. I am a grandmother.

Ooookaaaaaaaaayyy,.....
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

No, I said, you can’t change. You are unable to change. You don’t have the skills and you won’t do it. You, I said, are one of the good men. You respect women, you believe in women, you like women, you don’t hit women or rape women or in any way abuse women. You have applauded and funded feminism for a half-century. You are one of the good men. And you cannot change. You can listen all you want, but that will not create one iota of change.
    For this an old man gets screamed at, and his life made a living hell.

And they wonder why we die younger.

Want to solve your problem, dad?

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-13-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Really? Not once have men organized a movement to curb male aggression? What does she think Western civilization is? What does she think religious education is? What does she think law enforcement is? What does she think marriage is? What does she think institutions devoted to the inculcation of virtue are? If men haven’t restricted men, and women can’t restrict men, why are women safer, freer and more prosperous in the West than anywhere, anytime in world history? She’s a history professor – shouldn’t she know this?
    Indeed.

Everything all around her, that keeps her dumb ass from being nothing more than a washer of clothes in a stream, pounding on rocks, was created and built by men.

She went full Mommy Dearest mode

She's just pissed she didn't leave him for her cats and lesbianism.

Sadly, though, they’re not capable of such change, which begs the question: what the hell are men supposed to do, aside from die?
    Just the opposite.

Ignore them.

Ice them out.

Live your life to the fullest, without engaging in any long term entanglements with woemen of any kind. Many men have gone on to achieve greatness in their chosen field of endeavor, only because they did not have to drag some screeching harridan through life behind them.

AWALT.

MGTOW.

So, he’s listening to her. He’s sympathizing. He’s asking what he can do. And her answer is: nothing. And shut up. But listen. But, actually, don’t listen, because your listening means nothing. But do something. But you can’t.
    Because woemen are insane.

Always have been.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A Window Into Hell Itself! Leftist Dating Nightmares...

The Next Step for #MeToo Is Into the Gray Areas

https://jezebel.com/the-next-step-fo...eas-1829269384

TLDR - Popular, influential, famous, attractive leftist feminist blogger and $#@!ter abuses and gas lights a bunch of feminist women and Jezebel interviews them and writes an article.

The blogger was using the women for sex, but the women were using the blogger to gain notoriety. Jezebel doesn't mention one end of the equation, can you guess which one? One of the women talks about how he would smother her with attention and affection for a while, and then withhold it and give it out only in tiny increments after that. Gee, women never do that to men with sex...

She claims that women who are "tricked" into having sex with men are not engaging in consensual sex. Gee.. I guess women never trick men into having sex.. they always tell them if they have a boyfriend or a husband. They are always honest about being on the pill.. they never wear make-up or get plastic surgery or dye their hair to look younger. Women don't trick men into having sex at all.. Women are completely innocent in all this.

These feminist women are giving sex out to horrible men and then complaining how men act.. Could it possibly be that men act that way because you are giving them sex? Could it be that other men see how horribly men treat women who they have sex with and then imitate that behavior with other women to gain access to sex? Nah couldn't be... If nice guys finish last and don't get laid, why be a nice guy?
    Last edited by dannno; 10-13-2018 at 02:14 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Because woemen are insane.

Always have been.

That hit the nail right on the head.... some good comments over there, too....

“There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.” Will Rogers
    FJB

The title of WaPo article is the incredulous, "Thanks for not raping us, all you ‘good men.’ But it’s not enough." And no, its not the Onion.

So here are some upcoming Victoria Bissell Brown article titles:
    • Thanks for not making false rape claims, all you ‘good women.’ But it’s not enough.
    • Thanks for not raping us, all you ‘good immigrants.’ But it’s not enough.
    • Thanks for not blowing us up, all you ‘good Muslims.’ But it’s not enough.
    • Thanks for not robbing us, all you ‘good black men.’ But it’s not enough.
    • Thanks for not graffiti-ing my house us, all you ‘good Latinos.’ But it’s not enough.
    • Thanks for not setting our building on fire, all you 'good students'. But it's not enough.
    • Thanks for not being bat$#@! crazy, screaming at me for no reason and writing imbecilic articles, all you ‘good wives.’ But it’s not enough.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    yelled at my husband last night. Not pick-up-your-socks yell. Not how-could-you-ignore-that-red-light yell. This was real yelling. This was 30 minutes of from-the-gut yelling. Triggered by a small, thoughtless, dismissive, annoyed, patronizing comment. Really small. A micro-wave that triggered a hurricane. I blew. Hard and fast. And it terrified me. I’m still terrified by what I felt and what I said. I am almost 70 years old. I am a grandmother.
    Ooookaaaaaaaaayyy,.....
    yeah, I dunno what type of "man" would sit there and get yelled at for 30 minutes. I certainly wouldn't.

retired history professor at Grinnell College
    And you paid $100,000 to have her "teach" your son or daughter for four years and now you wonder why they are a slack jawed fa ggot or a shorn electric blue haired lesbian with tattoos, embittered and unemployable?

You have applauded and funded feminism for a half-century.
    Methinks this is the root of their problem.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yeah, I dunno what type of "man" would sit there and get yelled at for 30 minutes. I certainly wouldn't.
    The kind that has enabled this philosophy of hate for 50 years.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

She's just pissed she didn't leave him for her cats and lesbianism.
    James Carville is wearing a wig these days?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.