Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Endorses Prison Reform, while throwing a wet blanket on Sessions in the process

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump Endorses Prison Reform, while throwing a wet blanket on Sessions in the process

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ons-overruled/

President Donald Trump endorsed prison reform on Thursday, warning Attorney General Jeff Sessions to get on board with the idea.
    Trump said he is interested in reducing sentences for people like Alice Marie Johnson, a nonviolent drug offender whose life sentence the president commuted in June.

“There has to be a reform because it’s very unfair right now,” Trump said. “It’s very unfair to African Americans. It’s unfair to everybody. And it’s also very costly,” the president commented on Thursday morning in a phone interview with Fox & Friends.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This has been one of my "pet issues" for years now.

Let's assume something comes out of this, and reforms that include reducing plea bargain that railroad innocent people, and mandatory sentencing and abolition of capital punishment get signed into law by Trump, does that further my "warming up" to Trump?

If I voted for him based on that, would that make me a "Trump Humping" fascist and "enemy of liberty"?
    @devil21
    @TheCount
    @PierzStyx

This is what a lot of people faulted Rand for making a centerpiece of his campaign. Be more like Trump, they said.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I'll put this in the "Trump says all sorts of $#@!" bucket for now... Let's hope he does something.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I'll put this in the "Trump says all sorts of $#@!" bucket for now... Let's hope he does something.
    Amen.
    There is no spoon.

That's all I have done since day one with this guy, after getting spanked, prediction wise, in the 2016 election.

In trying to be objective, I will give credit when he pulls something tangible out of that bucket that is a good thing.

Somehow, to some people around here, that makes me a spineless sellout or Adolph Eichmann.

If real judicial, sentencing and prison reform comes from this, that will be an unequivocal good thing.

At least we've gone from reflexive anti-Trump hysteria to realizing that if he says something he may actually mean it. I'll call that progress.

This is judicial reform, not prison reform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Must be election season.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The election season brings the best in people.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Let's assume something comes out of this, and reforms that include reducing plea bargain that railroad innocent people, and mandatory sentencing and abolition of capital punishment get signed into law by Trump, does that further my "warming up" to Trump?

If I voted for him based on that, would that make me a "Trump Humping" fascist and "enemy of liberty"?
    @devil21
    @TheCount
    @PierzStyx
    Hey Im with you man.. I voted for Trump simply because he was an unknown quantity.. (we know what everybody else is already).. an unknown quantity and supposed fan of Andrew Jackson.. I voted for that.. just in case there was a chance he really wanted to end the fed.

Trump is just another Rand Paul shill. :-)

@devil21
    @TheCount
    @PierzStyx
    If you voted for Hitler because he promised ti improve the national roads would that make you a Nazi? No.

Would the difference matter? No. You still put him in power and you own what he does with it.

Same thing with Trump.

You want to vote for him based on the empty promise of prison reform, go right ahead. You'll just be a fool.

Prison "reform" without the legalization of marijuana, for example, is simply an illusion. And it isn't reform if you still are imprisoning people for nonviolent "crimes." All the state is doing is spending less on imprisoning them while extracting more form them in terms of fines and penalties. You'll still end up with tens of thousands of innocent people imprisoned by the State and tens of thousands more having crippling fines and sanctions placed on them for smoking a joint. It isn't reform, it is a shift in how the government extorts the people.

And while this is happening he'll carry out a multitude of evils that you will own for putting him in power to do it.

This dead girl and the tens of thousands like here?

On your head for giving Trump the power to murder her and supporting him after he did so.

The continuation of NSA spying on the American public, violating your privacy and constitutional protections?

On your head for supporting him and giving him the power to do so.

The growth of the American police state and the militarization of the police?

On your head. You vote for Trump and gave him power to do so. And you continued to support him as he did so.

The putting of judges like Brett Kavanaugh who supports torturing people, indefinite detention, and the complete destruction of the Fourth and Fifth Amendments, allowing for the power of the national security Deep State to grow even more secure?

On your head for supporting Trump and continuing to support him as he supports the Deep State.

The hunting down of millions of people and their beating, robbery, caging, even killing for engaging in the "crime" of buying and selling goods and services without the licensed permission of the government to do some?

That is upon your head for supporting Trump and giving him the power to do it.

The continuing massacre of Syrian peoples?

It is on your head for putting Trump in power to continue the war and bloodshed.

The literal Holocaust that America is perpetuating in Yemen today?

On your head for putting Trump in power and continuing to support him while he does it.

I could keep going on. But if Trump's support for the growth of the American police state, the militarization of the police, the securing of the power of the Deep State, the utter contempt with which he treats the US Constitution, the promotion of terrorism, the destruction of nations, the Holocaust of Yemen, to say nothing of teh fact that his economic policies are straight out of FDR's Progressive Economics Playbook, all for "prison reform"? If your soul can be sold for so little?

Then yeah, $#@! you. You're not just an enemy of liberty, you're an enemy of humanity itself. With your willingness to support warlords who use violence to murder and maintain power, to rule with blood and horror upon the Earth, you couldn't be anything else. And since you claim to be awoken to the truth and a "friend of liberty" you don't even have a cloak of ignorance to hide your sins behind as the rest of the sheeple do.

WINNING!

if we get everything we want, does it matter if Ron was never "president"?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

In a sane society, there would be very few people in prisons. People on drugs or addicted to prostitutes or gambling would be helped by churches and other institutions. Murderers, rapists and pedophiles would be executed in a timely fashion instead of twenty years after being convicted.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    If you voted for Hitler because he promised ti improve the national roads would that make you a Nazi? No.

Would the difference matter? No. You still put him in power and you own what he does with it.

Same thing with Trump.

You want to vote for him based on the empty promise of prison reform, go right ahead. You'll just be a fool.

Prison "reform" without the legalization of marijuana, for example, is simply an illusion. And it isn't reform if you still are imprisoning people for nonviolent "crimes." All the state is doing is spending less on imprisoning them while extracting more form them in terms of fines and penalties. You'll still end up with tens of thousands of innocent people imprisoned by the State and tens of thousands more having crippling fines and sanctions placed on them for smoking a joint. It isn't reform, it is a shift in how the government extorts the people.

And while this is happening he'll carry out a multitude of evils that you will own for putting him in power to do it.

This dead girl and the tens of thousands like here?

On your head for giving Trump the power to murder her and supporting him after he did so.

The continuation of NSA spying on the American public, violating your privacy and constitutional protections?

On your head for supporting him and giving him the power to do so.

The growth of the American police state and the militarization of the police?

On your head. You vote for Trump and gave him power to do so. And you continued to support him as he did so.

The putting of judges like Brett Kavanaugh who supports torturing people, indefinite detention, and the complete destruction of the Fourth and Fifth Amendments, allowing for the power of the national security Deep State to grow even more secure?

On your head for supporting Trump and continuing to support him as he supports the Deep State.

The hunting down of millions of people and their beating, robbery, caging, even killing for engaging in the "crime" of buying and selling goods and services without the licensed permission of the government to do some?

That is upon your head for supporting Trump and giving him the power to do it.

The continuing massacre of Syrian peoples?

It is on your head for putting Trump in power to continue the war and bloodshed.

The literal Holocaust that America is perpetuating in Yemen today?

On your head for putting Trump in power and continuing to support him while he does it.

I could keep going on. But if Trump's support for the growth of the American police state, the militarization of the police, the securing of the power of the Deep State, the utter contempt with which he treats the US Constitution, the promotion of terrorism, the destruction of nations, the Holocaust of Yemen, to say nothing of teh fact that his economic policies are straight out of FDR's Progressive Economics Playbook, all for "prison reform"? If your soul can be sold for so little?

Then yeah, $#@! you. You're not just an enemy of liberty, you're an enemy of humanity itself. With your willingness to support warlords who use violence to murder and maintain power, to rule with blood and horror upon the Earth, you couldn't be anything else. And since you claim to be awoken to the truth and a "friend of liberty" you don't even have a cloak of ignorance to hide your sins behind as the rest of the sheeple do.
    You sir, are no lover of liberty.

You might want to do some research before you embarrass yourself again.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would any one on this forum care if foreign Muslim children die? This is of no concern to the majority here.

Quote Originally Posted by homahr View Post
    Why would any one on this forum care if foreign Muslim children die? This is of no concern to the majority here.
    It costs us money though, that is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It costs us money though, that is a concern.
    So if it didn't cost "us" money, it would be ok?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

As long as my government isn't aiding in the killing, I don't care. We have far larger problems, since we are next on the extermination list.

We are all Kulaks, but some are blind to this fact.

There's always that consideration, however, I look at this in the perspective that if there will be more police state intrusion and ramping up of things like stop-and-frisk then you better reform the judicial system to handle the huge new load of cases that such intrusive policing will bring. Cops being much more aggressive will naturally mean more citations and arrests. Changing bail structures and incarceration/sentencing guidelines becomes a requirement so that the justice system doesn't collapse upon itself from the sheer weight of increased volume.

It essentially turns the justice system into a pure revenue generating machine, which is important for state and local jurisdictions that will need more locally sourced money to replace Uncle Sugar's drying up money printer as dollar reserve status dies, and away from the incarceration model. Less people being locked up is a good thing generally. Sucking more of their meager earnings away via petty "quality of life" policing isn't.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

So if it didn't cost "us" money, it would be ok?
    That seems to be your POV; I said nothing of the sort.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

@devil21
    @TheCount
    @PierzStyx
    If Trump does improve this situation, that would be a good thing and he would deserve credit for that. I love my libertarian family here but I really don't care if a fellow member wants to bust my balls for appreciating Trump for doing a good thing. I would love to have a libertarian president making gains with libertarian philosophy, but meanwhile I value a capitalist kicking the ass of Marxists.

That's all I have done since day one with this guy, after getting spanked, prediction wise, in the 2016 election.

In trying to be objective, I will give credit when he pulls something tangible out of that bucket that is a good thing.

Somehow, to some people around here, that makes me a spineless sellout or Adolph Eichmann.

If real judicial, sentencing and prison reform comes from this, that will be an unequivocal good thing.
    Trump already pulled something tangible out of that bucket when he lowered our taxes and eliminated the Obamacare mandate.

The thing I notice about Trump is that he actually works. He isn't a life long government employee that just gives lip service. You don't get real estate developed in Manhattan just running your mouth. As much as I love Ron Paul, I don't know that he could execute as much work as Trump does in the White House. I think the deep state might overcome Ron Paul, but with Trump they have their hands full. I can only speculate, but our enemies are formidable and Trump has a strength to match their fight that most don't have.

I certainly am no fan of Trump nonsense like supporting "Stop and Frisk" and I don't think he values the Constitution like any of us here do. I do think he makes a point to listen to input from many others and their different points of view. Maybe just maybe that will lead to him change his mind after listening to people like Kanye West.

At this point I think his positives are out weighing his negatives.

The Marxists left is getting their ass whooped and that is good for America no matter what. This is changing the course of the U.S. for the better for many decades to come. Too bad for the globalists like Hillary and Jeb!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

@devil21
    @TheCount
    @PierzStyx
    Sure ya would, bud. It's libertarian min-archy or nothing! Let's do a sign wave!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Prison "reform" without the legalization of marijuana, for example, is simply an illusion.
    Trump Administration Seeks Public Comments On Marijuana Reclassification

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...classification

Oh, and thanks for all the George Soros propaganda.... promoting George Soros propaganda will definitely lead to more liberty
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump Administration Seeks Public Comments On Marijuana Reclassification

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...classification

Oh, and thanks for all the George Soros propaganda.... promoting George Soros propaganda will definitely lead to more liberty
    Federal guidelines on cannabis are definitely going to change, but for the same reasons I detailed in my above post. More revenue for state and local governments that choose to legalize. It will be an interesting collision between changing police tactics ("I smell weed so now I search your car" no longer flies) and overall more intrusive policing for everything else.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

If you support someone based on a genuine expectation that they will act in direct opposition to all of their previous (historical and recent) behavior on the same topic, you're not a Trump humper or an enemy of liberty, you're just gullible.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

OK, got it, I'm a murderous Nazi as well as a racist, bigoted, homophobe, Islamaphobe and whatever else you can pin on me.

Enjoy your purity and ivory tower, while I, and groups I support like the Innocence Project, get real people out of real trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If you support someone based on a genuine expectation that they will act in direct opposition to all of their previous (historical and recent) behavior on the same topic, you're not a Trump humper or an enemy of liberty, you're just gullible.
    I'm giving him credit precisely because he is acting in an opposite fashion to what he has advocated in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    At this point I think his positives are out weighing his negatives.

The Marxists left is getting their ass whooped and that is good for America no matter what. This is changing the course of the U.S. for the better for many decades to come. Too bad for the globalists like Hillary and Jeb!
    That's all I'm saying as well.

Somehow that makes us worse than Hitler.

Get back to me when he annexes Quebec or Tijuana with tanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast