Thread: Mike Pompeo: ‘We want the whole Middle East to look like Israel’

Mike Pompeo: ‘We want the whole Middle East to look like Israel’

Mike Pompeo: ‘We want the whole Middle East to look like Israel’

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said yesterday that “Israel is everything we want the entire Middle East to look like going forward” and that US-Israel relations are “stronger than ever”.

Speaking at an award ceremony held by the Jewish Institute for National Security of America in Washington DC, Pompeo hailed Israel as “democratic and prosperous”, adding “it desires peace, it is a home to a free press and a thriving economy,” Arutz Sheva reported.

Pompeo then compared Israel to Iran, citing the latter’s “corrupt leaders [who] assault the human rights of their own people and finance terrorism in every corner of the Middle East”. Pompeo lamented that the US administration under former President Barack Obama “had more respect for the leaders of Iran than it did for the State of Israel,” stressing that

''under President Trump’s leadership, the United States is standing where it should firmly be: On the side of Israel.''

Pompeo also discussed the long-awaited US peace initiative – dubbed the “deal of the century” – hailing it as a “truly historic” effort to reach an agreement. Pompeo said that “we [the USA] are very hopeful that one day the Palestinian people will have the same kinds of things, the same material, the same opportunities that the people of Israel have,” according to the Jerusalem Post. Pompeo added “We very much want you [the Palestinians] to have a space.”

Yet the Secretary of State also admitted that despite this “hope” for a Palestinian “space”, he had that same day denied a $165 million transfer of aid to the Palestinian Authority (PA) citing the PA’s “funding of terror”. Pompeo was referring to the PA’s refusal to adhere to US demands to cease so-called “martyr payments” to the families of those killed by Israeli occupation forces or those incarcerated in Israeli prisons. Other countries have also put pressure on the PA, with Israel enacting a law to withhold $130 million per month of tax revenue collected on behalf of the PA unless it ceases these stipends and Australia cutting its aid to the PA.

Though US-Israel ties have historically been strong, under President Donald Trump’s administration these ties have reached new heights. Last week the largest ever US aid package to Israel – worth $38 billion over 10 years – entered into force. The Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the US and Israel in 2016 under the Obama Administration, but State Department Spokeswoman Heather Nauert hailed the deal as reflecting “the enduring and unshakable commitment of the President [Trump], this Administration, and the American people to Israel’s security”.

Trump has also spearheaded the so-called “deal of the century”, a peace initiative he hopes will solve the decades-long situation in Israel-Palestine. Last month the president expressed support for the two-state solution for the first time since entering office. He explained: “I like two-state solution. Yeah. That’s what I think… that’s what I think works best. I don’t even have to speak to anybody, that’s my feeling… I think two-state solution works best.” Despite such attempts to appear even-handed, the US has been criticised as a dishonest broker in any peace negotiations, with many believing the “deal of the century” will be biased towards Israel and put Israel’s “security” before any measures beneficial to the Palestinians.
    https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...k-like-israel/
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    GR8R AINT-REAL

so THAT is what were fighting for?

where is THAT in the constitution?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

ME-exit

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    ME-exit
    #ME2
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Israel...

It's a great country.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Israel...

It's a great country.

There are also accusations of pink-washing though against some US based gay freedom groups.

But to give credit where due, it is the only non-racist democracy in mideast that probably leads the whole world in LGBT freedoms for both civilian and militant populations.
    And If I'm not mistaken, Pompea has done great work for LGBT and homosexual freedoms but this could be politically risky statement for him considering that vast majority of GOP-base believes that Israel/mideast will be sharply rearranged/"fixed" in a bloody way once Christ returns. Risky statement like this so close to midterms is bit surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

"We" may have pletny company in the pockets of GOP-Jarvanka wing's PSMs/money baggers etc.

North America should look like Mexico.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Confirmed Israeli Mossad spies were arrested in NYC on 9/11 filming the burning towers, cheering and high-fiving. It can determined that they set up the camera BEFORE the first plane hit, at Liberty State Park in Jersey City, with an unobstructed view of the towers. ABC News:http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123885&page=1

The Israelis were driving around in a van which tested positive for traces of explosives. History Commons:http://www.historycommons.org/contex...01fiveisraelis FBI report on Israeli Mossad agents in NYC on 9/11: http://takeourworldback.com/dancingi...sfbireport.htm

General Wes Clark confirmed that Oded Yinon's plan of regime change across the Middle East was the real purpose of the Iraq invasion.

Oded Yinon in "A Strategy for Israel in the Nineteen Eighties":

"Iraq, rich in oil on the one hand and internally torn on the other, is guaranteed as a candidate for Israel's targets. Its dissolution is even more important for us than that of Syria. Iraq is stronger than Syria. In the short run it is Iraqi power which constitutes the greatest threat to Israel. An Iraqi-Iranian war will tear Iraq apart and cause its downfall at home even before it is able to organize a struggle on a wide front against us. Every kind of inter-Arab confrontation will assist us in the short run and will shorten the way to the more important aim of breaking up Iraq into denominations as in Syria and in Lebanon. In Iraq, a division into provinces along ethnic/religious lines as in Syria during Ottoman times is possible. So, three (or more) states will exist around the three major cities: Basra, Baghdad and Mosul, and Shi'ite areas in the south will separate from the Sunni and Kurdish north."- "A Strategy for Israel in the Nineteen Eighties" http://cosmos.ucc.ie/cs1064/jabowen/...le0005345.html

Bin Laden denied 9/11 numerous times:

"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children, and other humans as an appreciable act." - Bin Laden interview with Daily Ummat, Sept. 2001, posted in Lew Rockwell

"The United States should try to trace the perpetrators of these attacks within itself; the people who are a part of the U.S. system, but are dissenting against it. Or those who are working for some other system; persons who want to make the present century as a century of conflict between Islam and Christianity." - Bin Laden interview with Daily Ummat, Sept. 2001, posted in Lew Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    There are also accusations of pink-washing though against some US based gay freedom groups.

But to give credit where due, it is the only non-racist democracy in mideast that probably leads the whole world in LGBT freedoms for both civilian and militant populations.
    And If I'm not mistaken, Pompea has done great work for LGBT and homosexual freedoms but this could be politically risky statement for him considering that vast majority of GOP-base believes that Israel/mideast will be sharply rearranged/"fixed" in a bloody way once Christ returns. Risky statement like this so close to midterms is bit surprising.
    POTUS is probably very confident about the midterms and is looking for ways to spend this newly acquired political capital. I hope this does not end up in a bankruptcy court. Obama 2.0

October 3, 2018
    US Officially Sends Largest Ever $38 Billion Military Aid Package to Israel

Despite some conspiracy theories / innuendos in parts of left wing media, I'm still not convinced that MAGA could be easily initimidated by likes of Andrew Adler of Atlanta threat scandal or blackmailed by like of actors behind Kushner McGreevey honey-pot sex scandals into following neocons' pushed Syria/Iran war policies. MAGA seems too bold and upright to be victim of such manipulations.

Former CIA Officer: US Fighting Israel's Wars

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    POTUS is probably very confident about the midterms and is looking for ways to spend this newly acquired political capital. I hope this does not end up in a bankruptcy court. Obama 2.0
    In the age of fakenews, who knows this could be all an illusion and there is no political capital but "feel good" emotion from temporary sugar high of sharp spike in debt borrowing/spending economy.
    That said, you may have a point.

Trump donated $50,000 to Rahm Emanuel’s 2010 Chicago mayoral campaign.
    https://variety.com/2017/biz/news/ar...ee-1201981545/

That was soon after Rahm served as Obama White House Chief of Staff.

Related

Israeli government offers women aged 20 to 33 free abortions
    January 7, 2014
    The 2014 “health basket” of medical services and medications approved by Israel’s cabinet Sunday (Jan. 5) includes free abortions for Israeli women aged 20 to 33, regardless of the circumstances.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...5b3_story.html