Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Purges Over 800 Accounts With Millions Of Followers; Prominent Conservatives Vanish

Facebook Purges Over 800 Accounts With Millions Of Followers; Prominent Conservatives Vanish

Just in time for midterms, Facebook has removed 559 pages and 251 accounts they claim have been spreading misinformation and spam. Several of the pages however - some with millions of followers, were pro-Trump conservatives who had spent years cultivating their followings.
    Facebook has unpublished our page

After 5 years of building fans Facebook has officially unpublished our page (3.1 million fans) so we can't post on it anymore. This is truly an outrage and we are devastated. We will do everything we can to recover our page and fight back. pic.twitter.com/H3AmHTT8Qo
    — Free Thought Project (@TFTPROJECT) October 11, 2018
    I’ve been memory holed from FaceBook! 350k followers poof gone! There is a dangerous precedent being set here where the big tech companies have appointed themselves as the gate keepers of political thought and opinion! Retweet this if you care about free-speech! #FreeDicks pic.twitter.com/LsnZvaJyOL
    — Dan Dicks (@DanDicksPFT) October 11, 2018
    Our @facebook page with over 2.1 million followers has been unpublished, along with over 800 other pages and accounts. The purge of alt-media is upon us. pic.twitter.com/6Q2oswVpBI
    — Anti-Media (@AntiMedia) October 11, 2018
    Facebook claims that "domestic actors" have been creating "fake pages and accounts to attract people with shocking political news," reports Bloomberg.
    "The people behind the activity also post the same clickbait posts in dozens of Facebook Groups, often hundreds of times in a short period, to drum up traffic for their websites," Facebook said in a Thursday blog post. "And they often use their fake accounts to generate fake likes and shares. This artificially inflates engagement for their inauthentic pages and the posts they share, misleading people about their popularity and improving their ranking in news feed."
    Some pages Facebook removed had large followings of real and fake accounts. Nation in Distress, a conservative meme page, was followed by more than 3 million people, according to the Internet Archive, which stores historical versions of websites and other online content. -Bloomberg
    Facebook has removed "559 Pages and 251 accounts" in the US "that have consistently broken our rules against spam and coordinated inauthentic behavior." They include:

-Nation in Distress
    -Reasonable People Unite
    -The Resistance
    -Reverb Press
    -Right Wing News
    -Snowflakes
    — Craig Silverman (@CraigSilverman) October 11, 2018
    That said, not all of the accounts with large followings were conservative; Reverb Press, for example, had over 700,000 followers and constantly attacked President Trump and Republicans, who they referred to as "cheating scumbags."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...servative-meme
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Leftists are commies , commies only believe in having one , state sanctioned view .
    Do something Danke

Facebook Thought Police killed the pages for The Freethought Project, End the Drug War, V is for Voluntary...
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-12-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Bye, Bye Cop Block, Rachel Blevins, Gun Laws Don't Work, Policing the Police ... !
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Fuk
    Buk
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

FACE
    PHUK
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

Facebook killed the pages for The Freethought Project, End the Drug War, V is for Voluntary...
    Were you a mod on all those pages? Or how did you create that list?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The Marxists in charge of the social media companies are the enemy of freedom. This is just another reason why I as a libertarian am glad to ally myself with the GOP.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

If I knew how to design a website I'd make one called politicallyincorrectbook and the only way you'd be banned is if you're caught trying not to offend anyone. I'd have a filter that finds words and phrases like "Sorry" and "I didn't mean to"
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 10-11-2018 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Nation in Distress was publishing totally fake info, I happen to have noticed this just a few days ago when a friend shared one of their postings.

It was a simple comparison of Trump Vs Obama. The first stat was approval rating - they were showing Trump's approval rating far higher than Obama. Then they had Trump only having a deficit of a few hundred billion, and a few other stats along that line.

I get really tired of totally fake information and that one irked me more than usual so I responded. I put a link to realclearpolitics poll averages, none of the individual polls could even support trump's approval rating they gave. If you go back in time to comparison polls about 22 months in to O's term the numbers didn't match anywhere close either.

It wasn't even like they were cherry picking specific poll results, they really were outright falsehoods.

The propaganda machine is strong with the Trump supporters, truth doesn't matter.

However making up $#@! on the Internet is nothing new.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

So what happens 100 years from now when our children try to look back on history to reflect and find the sources of their problems? Will we appear to them to have never even made an effort to stand against tyranny? If you look something up in the far future about Ron Paul or ANYTHING any of US have said here on the forums, will that also be deleted from the annals of history? How could the controllers portray who and what we are today when they have total control over what it appears that we have said and edit out what they dont like? Will all thats left of RPF be what Zippyjuan said about the Federal Reserve? That we never uttered a challenge against the utter destruction of our Constitution? If we try to look back to our own history, are we seeing history for what truly happened, or the way the True Rulers of this country have edited it out to be?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Nation in Distress was publishing totally fake info, I happen to have noticed this just a few days ago when a friend shared one of their postings.

It was a simple comparison of Trump Vs Obama. The first stat was approval rating - they were showing Trump's approval rating far higher than Obama. Then they had Trump only having a deficit of a few hundred billion, and a few other stats along that line.

I get really tired of totally fake information and that one irked me more than usual so I responded. I put a link to realclearpolitics poll averages, none of the individual polls could even support trump's approval rating they gave. If you go back in time to comparison polls about 22 months in to O's term the numbers didn't match anywhere close either.

It wasn't even like they were cherry picking specific poll results, they really were outright falsehoods.

The propaganda machine is strong with the Trump supporters, truth doesn't matter.

However making up $#@! on the Internet is nothing new.
    So they used a few liars as an excuse to muzzle lots of other people they didn't like.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    So they used a few liars as an excuse to muzzle lots of other people they didn't like.
    According to Bloomberg the reason those accounts were removed was not proper identification of the users. That's not new, I have a few privacy minded friends who have to get new accounts on a regular basis when their information is determined to not be accurate.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

The consequences are much deeper than people assume.

Not only has Facebook deemed that these people will be cut off from the rest of the world, which includes their ideas, but the people who got banned will also be punished. It may not even be obvious or visible, but rest assured, since they obviously pissed off the Status Quo enough to get banned, there will be OTHER consequences. Ten bucks says their credit scores probably also just dropped. They WILL be under suspicion and possibly placed on NO FLY lists. Other places could add their names to Blacklists, not to be hired, not to be given loans, not to be recommended as "friends" to other people. There are MANY possibilities, but rest assured, there ARE consequences beyond what we can see.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Purged Journalists Speak Out

Facebook purged hundreds of pages
    from its platform on Thursday. But instead of the usual targets - namely Russia and Iran - Thursday’s ban shut down accounts operated by independent American reporters and activists … Most of the pages that were banned … were independent media outlets and pages that advocated for marijuana legalization or shined a light on police brutality.

In total, Facebook removed 559 pages and 251 personal accounts … Facebook said, going on to accuse the accounts of manipulating the platform to make their content appear more popular, hawking fake products or functioning as ad farms that tricked "people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate."

The founder of one of the pages — The Anti-Media — said he had no knowledge of his page engaging in any such behavior. The Free Thought Project co-founder similarly denied Facebook's accusations. Rachel Blevins, a reporter for RT America whose personal journalism page was nixed, also denied inauthentic behavior.

Just hours after its ban from Facebook, Twitter suspended Anti-Media from its platform, [coordinated collusion?} …

Facebook has been partnering with the Digital Forensics Lab, an arm of the Atlantic Council think tank — a neoconservative group funded by Gulf monarchies and defense giants like Raytheon — to weed out inauthentic users from its platform. Similarly, it has been partnering with the neoconservative Weekly Standard magazine to fact check so-called fake news. …

Independent reporter John Vibes, who contributes to The Free Thought Project and other websites:
    the internet has lowered that barrier to entry and allowed the average person to become the media themselves. This obviously took market share and influence away from the traditional media, and it has allowed for a more diverse public conversation. … the platforms … are favoring “mainstream” sources and silencing alternative voices. …
    when someone is shot by police, mainstream media sources often just republish the press release from the police department, without presenting the victim's side of the story. We give the victims and their families a voice … This also goes for bigger issues like foreign policy as well; multiple full-scale invasions of Syria have been prevented because of information that the alternative media made viral.

"Information exchange" activist Jason Bassler, who co-founded The Free Thought Project and solely founded Police the Police, both of which were banned:
    We were verified by Facebook with a little check mark next to our name, so they know we are a legitimate organization/outlet. They have seen our "Articles of Organization" … issued by the state of Louisiana … We have even paid Facebook to boost our posts … they gladly took our money … Do we get that money back now? … I never thought I would have built fan pages of 5 million fans, nor did I ever think we would employ and give jobs to nine other activists (at one point), but I was inspired to do what I could to plant seeds and combat the mainstream media's bullsh*t narratives, to keep police and government accountable …
    All that's gone now with a click of a button. Six years of hard work, literally seven days a week, working our as*es off finding stories, researching them, writing them, making thumbnails and titles for them, making graphics and videos for them, sharing them on various social media outlets. …

Rachel Blevins, a correspondent for RT America:
    Today I was locked out of my Facebook account … my public page was "unpublished." There appears to be no explanation for this other than the vague claim from Facebook that my page was taken down because it was "administered by a fake account, misleading users or violating the Facebook spam policies." I am the only person who publishes posts on my page; the only posts I publish are articles I have written or videos of my reports, and I only post one or two times a day — which rules out all of the claims that I have violated Facebook's policies. My page had nearly 70,000 followers … I have poured the last four years into building my page as a journalist …

Nicholas Bernabe, founder of The Anti-Media:
    Our approach generally is to cover stories and angles that corporate media underreport or misreport and to amplify activist and anti-war voices and stories. All of our content is professionally fact-checked and edited. … there was a need for media that challenged mainstream assumptions and biases in politics. I wanted to shed light on corruption and wrongdoing against oppressed peoples and cover the harsh truth about American foreign policy. Over the last 28 days, we reached 7,088,000 people on Facebook. The timing of this purge is rather dubious … coming shortly before the midterm elections. This could be an attempt by Facebook itself to affect the outcome of the coming elections. The Twitter suspension caught me by surprise. … these suspensions were a coordinated effort to stifle our message ahead of the coming elections.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-12-2018 at 05:28 AM.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AZJoe again.

==========

"many warned that the ban of InfoWars from social media would establish a slippery slope, they were often mocked and ridiculed. Thursday's onslaught on independent media appears to have confirmed their suspicions."

https://theantimedia.com/
    http://news2share.com/start/

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/

All that's gone now with a click of a button. Six years of hard work, literally seven days a week, working our as*es off finding stories, researching them, writing them, making thumbnails and titles for them, making graphics and videos for them, sharing them on various social media outlets.

What's next? I will fight this until I am utterly exhausted. We will fight back tooth and nail. I don't care if that means protesting in front of Facebook headquarters (which I've already considered doing many times in the past two years), I will make sure people know how corrupt and untrustworthy Facebook is if it's the last thing I do. You can't just steal years of hard work from someone and not expect there to be consequences. I will do everything I can to make their lives miserable. That's a promise.
    RachBlevins

===========

►"Facebook has been partnering with the Digital Forensics Lab, an arm of the Atlantic Council think tank — a neoconservative group funded by Gulf monarchies and defense giants like Raytheon...."

►"tech companies, working in concert with think tanks stacked with CIA officials and defense contractors, shouldn't have the power to curate our reality to make those already rendered invisible even more obsolete."

FireEye, a cybersecurity firm bankrolled by the Central Intelligence Agency
    Tipped Off Facebook to ‘Inauthentic’ Accounts
    https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201...book-Accounts/
    Last edited by goldenequity; 10-12-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Deep State Ties to Facebook "Fact Checking"/Silencing/Purge:

Atlantic Council/NATO Partnered Social Media Giant Facebook Removes Over 800 Alternative Media Accounts

Clarity of Signal has presented extensive evidence that Facebook is colluding with the Atlantic Council, FireEye Intelligence and other government/NATO related organizations to determine what is allowed to be presented as factual information on the Facebook social media site. …

Here’s what The Free Thought Project was guilty of, reporting the truth: Facebook & Google Promise Congress They'll Brainwash You With Their Own 'Counter Propaganda' -- Time to Move to STEEMIT

Facebook Subcontracts Censorship Measures Out To FireEye Intelligence/Hedge Fund Operatives And Atlantic Council

Big Brother Fully Arrives As UK Communications Office Rolls Out "Rapid Response Unit" To Counter Narratives That May Be Damaging To The Government

Oh Those Embarrassing Moments: Atlantic Council's Ben Nimmo Outs 'Russian Bot' That Turns Out To Simply Be A UK Citizen Tired Of UK Government Warmongering

Huge Information Drop Exposing More Links Between The Atlantic Council, PropOrNot, Michael Weiss, The Daily Beast, Mouaz Moustafa and the Wars in Libya, Syria and Ukraine

Huge Information Drop on Deep State Propaganda Arm: Fact Checking Outfit Snopes Rolls Out The Atlantic Councils Pro-War Armchair Propagandists To Cover For Mass Media And Government Lies About Latest White Helmets False Flag in Syria

Revealing the Links Between Brown Moses, Bellingcat, PropOrNot and the Atlantic Council in Relation to Psy Ops for Syria and Ukraine

Unmasking PropOrNot - Exposing Deep State Crimes by George Eliason

Mint Press News and RT reporter Mnar Muhawesh now censored on Facebook and Twitter. …
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-12-2018 at 05:22 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Seeing these posted on pages that were fortunate enough to make it through this storm.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Atlantic Council/NATO Partnered Social Media Giant Facebook Removes Over 800 Alternative Media Accounts

Clarity of Signal has presented extensive evidence that Facebook is colluding with the Atlantic Council, FireEye Intelligence and other government/NATO related organizations to determine what is allowed to be presented as factual information on the Facebook social media site. …

Here’s what The Free Thought Project was guilty of, reporting the truth: Facebook & Google Promise Congress They'll Brainwash You With Their Own 'Counter Propaganda' -- Time to Move to STEEMIT

Facebook Subcontracts Censorship Measures Out To FireEye Intelligence/Hedge Fund Operatives And Atlantic Council

Big Brother Fully Arrives As UK Communications Office Rolls Out "Rapid Response Unit" To Counter Narratives That May Be Damaging To The Government

Oh Those Embarrassing Moments: Atlantic Council's Ben Nimmo Outs 'Russian Bot' That Turns Out To Simply Be A UK Citizen Tired Of UK Government Warmongering

Huge Information Drop Exposing More Links Between The Atlantic Council, PropOrNot, Michael Weiss, The Daily Beast, Mouaz Moustafa and the Wars in Libya, Syria and Ukraine

Huge Information Drop on Deep State Propaganda Arm: Fact Checking Outfit Snopes Rolls Out The Atlantic Councils Pro-War Armchair Propagandists To Cover For Mass Media And Government Lies About Latest White Helmets False Flag in Syria

Revealing the Links Between Brown Moses, Bellingcat, PropOrNot and the Atlantic Council in Relation to Psy Ops for Syria and Ukraine

Mint Press News and RT reporter Mnar Muhawesh now censored on Facebook and Twitter. …
    Nice work Joe... fuk zuck.

... outta rep

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Last edited by AZJoe; 10-13-2018 at 06:02 PM.

From The Free Thought Project: First They Came for Alex Jones

Social media giants launched a massive purge of independent media on Thursday effectively wiping out hundreds of liberty-minded pages. October 11, 2018 will be remembered in history as the day the tech giants attempted to wipe out independent, liberty-minded, antiwar media from the airwaves. On Thursday, in a coordinated effort, hundreds of pages devoted to peace and liberty were memory holed by social media giants.

As part of its purge, Facebook has removed the pages of several police accountability/watchdog/critic groups, including Cop Block, the Free Thought Project, and Police the Police. …

What makes this recent purge from Facebook and Twitter so egregious is that the pages like the Free Thought Project, the Anti-Media, Press for Truth, and dozens of others, did not fit the hate speech narrative these same companies used to wipe out Alex Jones. Instead, these pages were dedicated to spreading peace, bridging the divide, bringing humanity together and holding government accountable. …

in their statement, Facebook then suggested the real reason behind the purge — elections are coming — and pesky folks like the independent media have a way of reporting information on candidates that the mainstream tends to ignore — like war, corruption, …

Given the activity we’ve seen — and its timing ahead of the US midterm elections — we wanted to give some details about the types of behavior that led to this action,” Facebook said, before accusing us of hawking fake products or functioning as ad farms that tricked “people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate.” …

Within all of our pages under the Free Thought umbrella, we had close to 6 million followers. Does Facebook think it knows better than the 6 million people … We also had close to 16,000 reviews on our page …

that this was a coordinated attack by the tech giant community, shortly after the purge on Facebook, Twitter followed suit, wiping out our profiles on there as well. They gave absolutely no reason for the suspension. …

“the internet has lowered that barrier to entry and allowed the average person to become the media themselves. … it has allowed for a more diverse public conversation. … So now, instead of allowing more people to have a voice, these platforms are creating an atmosphere where only powerful media organizations are welcome…” …

sites like ours and the others … challenge their paradigm of control and this is a thorn in their side.

There are no longer distinct lines between social media giants and governmentFacebook has been partnering with the Digital Forensics Lab, an arm of the Atlantic Council think tank — a neoconservative group funded by Gulf monarchies, defense giants like Raytheon, megabanks like HSBC, foreign state actors, and the US government — to weed out people like us who challenge the status quo. …

The entity that is making censorship decisions for Facebook, as publicly announced, is the Atlantic Council, a partly US government-funded entity. At what point will the extremely tight ties between these companies and the US government end the "they are private" argument? …

If you are not on our email list, please sign up here.
    If you’d like to subscribe to our site to aid in the battle against the censors and receive special perks along the way, you can do so at this link.
    We are also working with the folks from minds.com and have created a platform on their uncensored network as well. You can follow us at this link.
    We have been on Steemit as well.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-12-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Why are these people using Facebook anyway? Why are they supporting their business by generating page hits for their profile page, earning them advertising revenue. Do you know how cheap it is to register and create a website? 70k followers can be handled on a simple pc on a residential internet connection. You want access to all those people on Facebook? Link your site in posts and tell them to get off Facebook while you are at it. Make a dozen new profiles for everyone they delete. Stop supporting Facebook.

https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1050524291299569664

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast