Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 121 to 150 of 150

Thread: Rand tries to regain 4th Amendment credibility again

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Utter garbage, I support the 4thA and said many times I wanted someone better than Kavanaugh, the only times I posted Trump praising images were when he did good things and I never "put down liberty".
    Your posts every day such as this one "put down liberty" by providing cover for someone who you did post imagery of looking like some sort of authoritarian boss. I see where your heart is, at the very least you seem to have a fondness for overwhelming executive power. So does Kavanaugh.
    Matt has made it his mission in life to destroy the best Senator we have who has done more for liberty than Matt ever will over disagreements about strategy, he is the snake in the grass.
    You Trump supporters consistently cheerlead an outspoken enemy of liberty. Matt here is attacking our best hope for not delivering when it was arguably most crucial. Gasp, how could we possibly feel betrayed when Rand misses an opportunity to make the 4th Amendment a national issue and promises early to lend his support to the kind of man who demonstrated that he believes in essentially Presidential immunity, and that the 4th Amendment can be used as toilet paper?

    Where are Kavanaugh's hidden records from during the Bush reign of terror? We STILL haven't seen them.

    But rah-rah-rah "at least they aren't Democrats". Democrats are often better on issues of civil liberties and defending amendments that aren't the 2nd.
    Authoritarianism and neoconservatism cannot be made great again.
    Trump was an enemy of Ron Paul, before he was an enemy of Rand Paul, before he was an enemy of the Freedom Caucus.
    One thing that he has remained consistent in is his hate of liberty and those who promote it.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    He used to be the best Senator we had, now he seems to be more and more just like the rest of them.
    See what I mean folks?

    https://www.thenewamerican.com/freedom-index

    Sen. Rand Paul - 94%

    Sen. Doug Jones - 30%
    Sen. Richard Shelby - 65%
    Sen. Claire McCaskill - 18%
    Sen. Roy Blunt - 56%
    Sen. Dan Sullivan - 62%
    Sen. Lisa Murkowski - 48%
    Sen. Steve Daines - 68%
    Sen. Jon Tester - 24%
    Sen. Jeff Flake - 80%
    Sen. John McCain - 62%
    Sen. John Kyl - 72%
    Sen. Benjamin Sasse - 72%
    Sen. Deb Fischer - 66%
    Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto - 7%
    Sen. Dean Heller - 70%
    Sen. John Boozman - 57%
    Sen. Tom Cotton - 64%
    Sen. Margaret Hassan - 14%
    Sen. Jeanne Shaheen - 8%
    Sen. Kamala Harris - 24%
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein - 13%
    Sen. Cory Booker - 17%
    Sen. Robert Menendez - 18%
    Sen. Martin Heinrich - 13%
    Sen. Tom Udall - 20%
    Sen. Charles Schumer - 15%
    Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - 15%
    Sen. Cory Gardner - 64%
    Sen. Michael Bennet - 11%
    Sen. Thom Tillis - 55%
    Sen. Richard Burr - 57%
    Sen. Christopher Murphy - 15%
    Sen. Richard Blumenthal - 14%
    Sen. John Hoeven - 54%
    Sen. Heidi Heitkamp - 20%
    Sen. Chris Coons - 11%
    Sen. Thomas Carper - 14%
    Sen. Robert Portman - 51%
    Sen. Sherrod Brown - 23%
    Sen. Bill Nelson - 12%
    Sen. Marco Rubio - 72%
    Sen. James Lankford - 68%
    Sen. James Inhofe - 71%
    Sen. Ron Wyden - 18%
    Sen. Jeff Merkley - 17%
    Sen. David Perdue - 63%
    Sen. John Isakson - 54%
    Sen. Patrick Toomey - 67%
    Sen. Robert Casey - 11%
    Sen. Mazie Hirono - 14%
    Sen. Brian Schatz - 12%
    Sen. John Reed - 15%
    Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse - 12%
    Sen. James Risch - 79%
    Sen. Michael Crapo - 69%
    Sen. Tim Scott - 72%
    Sen. Lindsey Graham - 60%
    Sen. Richard Durbin - 13%
    Sen. Tammy Duckworth - 13%
    Sen. John Thune - 58%
    Sen. Mike Rounds - 51%
    Sen. Lamar Alexander - 52%
    Sen. Bob Corker - 65%
    Sen. Joe Donnelly - 22%
    Sen. Todd Young - 58%
    Sen. Ted Cruz - 78%
    Sen. John Cornyn - 66%
    Sen. Joni Ernst - 59%
    Sen. Charles Grassley - 63%
    Sen. Jerry Moran - 65%
    Sen. Pat Roberts - 61%
    Sen. Mitch McConnell - 60%
    Sen. Bill Cassidy - 64%
    Sen. John Kennedy - 60%
    Sen. Mike Lee - 92%
    Sen. Orrin Hatch - 57%
    Sen. Angus King - 15%
    Sen. Susan Collins - 40%
    Sen. Bernard Sanders - 28%
    Sen. Patrick Leahy - 16%
    Sen. Benjamin Cardin - 17%
    Sen. Chris Van Hollen - 20%
    Sen. Timothy Kaine - 8%
    Sen. Mark Warner - 11%
    Sen. Elizabeth Warren - 16%
    Sen. Edward Markey - 23%
    Sen. Maria Cantwell - 14%
    Sen. Patty Murray - 12%
    Sen. Gary Peters - 17%
    Sen. Debbie Stabenow - 17%
    Sen. Shelley Capito - 48%
    Sen. Joe Manchin - 32%
    Sen. Tina Smith - 40%
    Sen. Amy Klobuchar - 10%
    Sen. Tammy Baldwin - 25%
    Sen. Ron Johnson - 70%
    Sen. Tina Smith - 40%
    Sen. Amy Klobuchar - 10%
    Sen. John Barrasso - 73%
    Sen. Michael Enzi - 70%
    Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith - 60%
    Sen. Roger Wicker - 54%


    TWO OF THESE THINGS ARE NOT LIKE THE OTHERS.


    But Matt Snake in the grass Collins wants to destroy the best one.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Your posts every day such as this one "put down liberty" by providing cover for someone who you did post imagery of looking like some sort of authoritarian boss. I see where your heart is, at the very least you seem to have a fondness for overwhelming executive power. So does Kavanaugh.
    Yawn, you can't post a single example of me "putting down liberty" so you just babble about your feelings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    You Trump supporters consistently cheerlead an outspoken enemy of liberty. Matt here is attacking our best hope for not delivering when it was arguably most crucial. Gasp, how could we possibly feel betrayed when Rand misses an opportunity to make the 4th Amendment a national issue and promises early to lend his support to the kind of man who demonstrated that he believes in essentially Presidential immunity, and that the 4th Amendment can be used as toilet paper?

    Where are Kavanaugh's hidden records from during the Bush reign of terror? We STILL haven't seen them.
    Please show one post where I supported the nomination of Kavanaugh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    But rah-rah-rah "at least they aren't Democrats". Democrats are often better on issues of civil liberties and defending amendments that aren't the 2nd.
    LOL, once upon a time that MIGHT have been true but the current crop of Demoncrats want to shred the entire Constitution and every amendment and the Republicans have been rediscovering the value of rights they used to ignore.

    Rand has made an issue of the 4thA many times and he did bring it up in relation to Kavanaugh, just because Matt snake in the grass Collins and you don't agree with his choice when he didn't have the power to make Trump pick someone better and might have caused Trump to pick someone worse doesn't change that.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  5. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not anywhere near "the rest of them." By any litmus.
    Well he has voted for gun control multiple times. He has voted for Kavanaugh and Pompeo. He has supported Mitch. He has voted for sanctions. I didn't say that he was identical to the others, I said he was becoming more and more like the others, which is a true statement.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  6. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    he didn't have the power to make Trump pick someone better and might have caused Trump to pick someone worse doesn't change that.
    Uh no, in the beginning he very likely had the power to force Trump to pick someone else. And it wouldn't have been worse... on the 4th Amendment there is no one worse than Kavanaugh.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  7. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Uh no, in the beginning he very likely had the power to force Trump to pick someone else. And it wouldn't have been worse... on the 4th Amendment there is no one worse than Kavanaugh.
    Is that the only issue you care about?
    Or are you just picking at it to destroy Rand?

    There are plenty of judges that would have been just as bad as Kavanaugh on the 4thA and much worse on many other things.
    Most of the Judges on Trump's list were much worse than Kavanaugh.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  8. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Well he has voted for gun control multiple times. He has voted for Kavanaugh and Pompeo. He has supported Mitch. He has voted for sanctions. I didn't say that he was identical to the others, I said he was becoming more and more like the others, which is a true statement.
    He actually seems to be improving:

    https://www.thenewamerican.com/index...nameid=P000603

    96% (115th Congress: 2017-2018); 92% (114th Congress: 2015-2016); 92% (113th Congress: 2013-2014); 94% (112th Congress: 2011-2012)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  9. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Well he has voted for gun control multiple times. He has voted for Kavanaugh and Pompeo. He has supported Mitch. He has voted for sanctions. I didn't say that he was identical to the others, I said he was becoming more and more like the others, which is a true statement.
    You are not going to get everything you want in every elected politician. He's not becoming more and more like the others. It is a false statement. At best an over the top exaggeration. You're just an idiot. Don't know why I even bother except to dispel your F.U.D. He's a Senator advancing liberty as he can. You're not. Get over it.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    . Democrats are often better on issues of civil liberties and defending amendments that aren't the 2nd.
    Which amendments specifically? You used that in the plural. ALL the liberal justices are horrific on the 1st Amendment compared to the conservative judges. Obviously terrible on the second. Are they even better on the 4th Amendment? All the liberal judges supported eminent domain in the Kelo decision. Seems bad. I doubt they are better than Scalia was and Gorsuch on search and seizure stuff. Obviously terrible on the 10th Amendment.

    I know it is a Ron Paul and Gary Johnson talking point that liberals are better on civil liberties issues. It is really isn't true though. Antonin Scalia and Thomas were faarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better than Ruth Bader Ginsburg civil liberties. It isn't even close. Making nuns pay for contraception, bakers bake penis cakes, limiting political speech in the form of campaign contributions, seizing property for economic private economic development are issues where liberal judges are just bad.

    Maybe they are better on the major issue of quartering soldiers.

  12. #130

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He's a Senator advancing liberty as he can.
    Voting to confirm Kavanaugh and Pompeo and voting for gun control is NOT "advancing liberty".... you fail at logic.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  13. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Voting to confirm Kavanaugh and Pompeo and voting for gun control is NOT "advancing liberty".... you fail at logic.
    THIS is advancing liberty:

    https://www.thenewamerican.com/freedom-index

    Sen. Rand Paul - 94%


    You fail at logic.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  14. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Voting to confirm Kavanaugh and Pompeo and voting for gun control is NOT "advancing liberty".... you fail at logic.
    And you simply fail. Whatever "chops" you got supporting Ron you've totally squandered. Perhaps if you do another "truffle shuffle" fundraising for Rand you might get taken seriously again. As it stands no one here cares to hear your bitching.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  15. #133

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And you simply fail.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  16. #134
    Kavanaugh should not have been confirmed but not for the reasons people think. A block of Constitution First senators needs to be formed.
    His name was Seth Rich.

  17. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yawn, you can't post a single example of me "putting down liberty" so you just babble about your feelings.
    You seem like a brainwashed by alt-righters; this "babble on about feelings" isn't even relevant and seems to be copied straight from alt-righters.
    Please show one post where I supported the nomination of Kavanaugh.
    You put a lot of effort into defending him which I still see you doing. Whether or not he got some kind of "official Swordsmyth endorsement" is not even pertinent to the discussion.
    LOL, once upon a time that MIGHT have been true but the current crop of Demoncrats want to shred the entire Constitution and every amendment and the Republicans have been rediscovering the value of rights they used to ignore.
    The emotion of fear leads you to believe the funniest things.
    Rand has made an issue of the 4thA many times and he did bring it up in relation to Kavanaugh, just because Matt snake in the grass Collins and you don't agree with his choice when he didn't have the power to make Trump pick someone better and might have caused Trump to pick someone worse doesn't change that.
    He had the chance to bring the 4th Amendment into the national public discourse and confirmation hearings. Instead he lapped up some BS, mainly in private, and went around to offering him his full support.
    Authoritarianism and neoconservatism cannot be made great again.
    Trump was an enemy of Ron Paul, before he was an enemy of Rand Paul, before he was an enemy of the Freedom Caucus.
    One thing that he has remained consistent in is his hate of liberty and those who promote it.

  18. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    The emotion of fear leads you to believe the funniest things.
    People from both the left and right seem to love to get high on fear. They really need to get high on cannabis instead.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Which amendments specifically? You used that in the plural. ALL the liberal justices are horrific on the 1st Amendment compared to the conservative judges. Obviously terrible on the second. Are they even better on the 4th Amendment? All the liberal judges supported eminent domain in the Kelo decision. Seems bad. I doubt they are better than Scalia was and Gorsuch on search and seizure stuff. Obviously terrible on the 10th Amendment.
    1: I see more Democrat types care about it in an honest way. However neither side is good on this and you gave examples of the ways that they fail.
    3: Nobody really cares about it.
    4-9: Liberals definitely care about them more, and stick up for them in the face of the "law and order" and "national security" excuses for a government that crushes people.

    I know it is a Ron Paul and Gary Johnson talking point that liberals are better on civil liberties issues. It is really isn't true though. Antonin Scalia and Thomas were faarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better than Ruth Bader Ginsburg civil liberties. It isn't even close. Making nuns pay for contraception, bakers bake penis cakes, limiting political speech in the form of campaign contributions, seizing property for economic private economic development are issues where liberal judges are just bad.

    Maybe they are better on the major issue of quartering soldiers.
    I don't think the country will be lost on bakers baking penis cakes. While I don't agree with these stances I don't see them as threatening as those who seem to be okay with turning America into a gulag country. It is ultimately through the criminal justice system and national security excuses where the government can control people in a much more severe way than what most liberals want to do. And now we have someone completely drunk off executive power who just nominated someone who will support him in those aspects.

    Anyway, neocons and neoliberals are very similar and share the same positions on many of these issues, and maybe that's why penis cakes end up grabbing all the attention, because they are wedge issues to make the two seem more different than they actually are.

    Perhaps this comparison itself is what the statists want us to be having, as we debate which evil is worse.
    Authoritarianism and neoconservatism cannot be made great again.
    Trump was an enemy of Ron Paul, before he was an enemy of Rand Paul, before he was an enemy of the Freedom Caucus.
    One thing that he has remained consistent in is his hate of liberty and those who promote it.

  21. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Now that Matt has us fighting with each other, he left. Every single time.
    Matt Collins lives by his own rules, and acts accordingly.

  22. #139
    Can I quote you on this... Swordsmyth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    See what I mean folks?

    https://www.thenewamerican.com/freedom-index


    Sen. Rand Paul - 94%

    Sen. Doug Jones - 30%
    Sen. Richard Shelby - 65%
    Sen. Claire McCaskill - 18%
    Sen. Roy Blunt - 56%
    Sen. Dan Sullivan - 62%
    Sen. Lisa Murkowski - 48%
    Sen. Steve Daines - 68%
    Sen. Jon Tester - 24%
    Sen. Jeff Flake - 80%
    Sen. John McCain - 62%
    Sen. John Kyl - 72%
    Sen. Benjamin Sasse - 72%
    Sen. Deb Fischer - 66%
    Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto - 7%
    Sen. Dean Heller - 70%
    Sen. John Boozman - 57%
    Sen. Tom Cotton - 64%
    Sen. Margaret Hassan - 14%
    Sen. Jeanne Shaheen - 8%
    Sen. Kamala Harris - 24%
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein - 13%
    Sen. Cory Booker - 17%
    Sen. Robert Menendez - 18%
    Sen. Martin Heinrich - 13%
    Sen. Tom Udall - 20%
    Sen. Charles Schumer - 15%
    Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand - 15%
    Sen. Cory Gardner - 64%
    Sen. Michael Bennet - 11%
    Sen. Thom Tillis - 55%
    Sen. Richard Burr - 57%
    Sen. Christopher Murphy - 15%
    Sen. Richard Blumenthal - 14%
    Sen. John Hoeven - 54%
    Sen. Heidi Heitkamp - 20%
    Sen. Chris Coons - 11%
    Sen. Thomas Carper - 14%
    Sen. Robert Portman - 51%
    Sen. Sherrod Brown - 23%
    Sen. Bill Nelson - 12%
    Sen. Marco Rubio - 72%
    Sen. James Lankford - 68%
    Sen. James Inhofe - 71%
    Sen. Ron Wyden - 18%
    Sen. Jeff Merkley - 17%
    Sen. David Perdue - 63%
    Sen. John Isakson - 54%
    Sen. Patrick Toomey - 67%
    Sen. Robert Casey - 11%
    Sen. Mazie Hirono - 14%
    Sen. Brian Schatz - 12%
    Sen. John Reed - 15%
    Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse - 12%
    Sen. James Risch - 79%
    Sen. Michael Crapo - 69%
    Sen. Tim Scott - 72%
    Sen. Lindsey Graham - 60%
    Sen. Richard Durbin - 13%
    Sen. Tammy Duckworth - 13%
    Sen. John Thune - 58%
    Sen. Mike Rounds - 51%
    Sen. Lamar Alexander - 52%
    Sen. Bob Corker - 65%
    Sen. Joe Donnelly - 22%
    Sen. Todd Young - 58%
    Sen. Ted Cruz - 78%
    Sen. John Cornyn - 66%
    Sen. Joni Ernst - 59%
    Sen. Charles Grassley - 63%
    Sen. Jerry Moran - 65%
    Sen. Pat Roberts - 61%
    Sen. Mitch McConnell - 60%
    Sen. Bill Cassidy - 64%
    Sen. John Kennedy - 60%
    Sen. Mike Lee - 92%
    Sen. Orrin Hatch - 57%
    Sen. Angus King - 15%
    Sen. Susan Collins - 40%
    Sen. Bernard Sanders - 28%
    Sen. Patrick Leahy - 16%
    Sen. Benjamin Cardin - 17%
    Sen. Chris Van Hollen - 20%
    Sen. Timothy Kaine - 8%
    Sen. Mark Warner - 11%
    Sen. Elizabeth Warren - 16%
    Sen. Edward Markey - 23%
    Sen. Maria Cantwell - 14%
    Sen. Patty Murray - 12%
    Sen. Gary Peters - 17%
    Sen. Debbie Stabenow - 17%
    Sen. Shelley Capito - 48%
    Sen. Joe Manchin - 32%
    Sen. Tina Smith - 40%
    Sen. Amy Klobuchar - 10%
    Sen. Tammy Baldwin - 25%
    Sen. Ron Johnson - 70%
    Sen. Tina Smith - 40%
    Sen. Amy Klobuchar - 10%
    Sen. John Barrasso - 73%
    Sen. Michael Enzi - 70%
    Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith - 60%
    Sen. Roger Wicker - 54%


    TWO OF THESE THINGS ARE NOT LIKE THE OTHERS.


    But Matt Snake in the grass Collins wants to destroy the best one.

  23. #140
    Matt Collins was dumping on Mike Lee?

  24. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    on the 4th Amendment there is no one worse than Kavanaugh.
    Actually, he may end up being the best.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  25. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    You seem like a brainwashed by alt-righters; this "babble on about feelings" isn't even relevant and seems to be copied straight from alt-righters.
    That's all you do is babble your emotional viewpoints without any connection to facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    You put a lot of effort into defending him which I still see you doing. Whether or not he got some kind of "official Swordsmyth endorsement" is not even pertinent to the discussion.
    Just plain wrong, I repeatedly said I wanted someone else, my only "defenses" of him were attacks on the Demoncrats for the farcical phony sex attacks that they have decided to use on anyone to the right of Marx.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    The emotion of fear leads you to believe the funniest things.
    You seem to think that everyone run their life on emotion just because you do, facts lead me to believe what I said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    He had the chance to bring the 4th Amendment into the national public discourse and confirmation hearings. Instead he lapped up some BS, mainly in private, and went around to offering him his full support.
    He brought up the 4thA and then he made the best strategic move he could make.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  26. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Can I quote you on this... Swordsmyth?
    Yes.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  27. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Matt Collins was dumping on Mike Lee?
    Matt is trying to destroy Rand.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Matt is trying to destroy Rand.
    I think this is way beyond his scope and capacity, assuming this is indeed his goal.
    Either Senator Rand Paul is being politically adroit & brilliant by now having both
    Donald J. Trump and Mitch McConnell obligated to him, or it might BLUE backfire.

  30. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    1: I see more Democrat types care about it in an honest way.
    Name one First Amendment case that Ruth Bader Ginsburg was stronger on that Antonin Scalia. Besides all of the cases above, is forcing public sector union workers to contribute to Democratic candidates what First Amendment advocates?

    My experience is even the most flag waving meathead conservative (let's say Sean Hannity) is far better on the First Amendment that 90% of the people on the left. I guess some liberals are better on flag burning (though Hillary Clinton sponsored an amendment banning flag burning).

  31. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's all you do is babble your emotional viewpoints without any connection to facts.
    Yeah, there is the false paradigm of emotions vs facts, which is very commonly used in certain circles (I think we know which ones). Ones which are very hysterical I may add.
    Just plain wrong, I repeatedly said I wanted someone else, my only "defenses" of him were attacks on the Demoncrats for the farcical phony sex attacks that they have decided to use on anyone to the right of Marx.
    Hysterical nonsense.
    He brought up the 4thA and then he made the best strategic move he could make.
    Strategical for what? If you care about liberty, you should be making your strategic plays so that you can advance liberty in crucial moments. This may be one of the most crucial moments in the decade and Rand sold out.
    Authoritarianism and neoconservatism cannot be made great again.
    Trump was an enemy of Ron Paul, before he was an enemy of Rand Paul, before he was an enemy of the Freedom Caucus.
    One thing that he has remained consistent in is his hate of liberty and those who promote it.

  32. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Strategical for what? If you care about liberty, you should be making your strategic plays so that you can advance liberty in crucial moments. This may be one of the most crucial moments in the decade and Rand sold out.

    I am just curious why does almost every libertarian legal person (minus Judge Nap) support Kavanaugh? Is it really selling out when almost all libertarians who know about the law support Kavanaugh?

    I get that Kavanaugh is bad on metadata. I mean maybe I will be proven wrong, but I think shooting down environmental regulations, protecting religious freedom, protecting school choice, ending eminent domain abuses, curbing union power are far more important issues.

    If I were in the Senate, not only would I vote to confirm Kavanaugh, I would be quite pleased with it. Gary Johnson supported Kavanaugh. Mike Lee. Rand. It really was an easy vote. I would have been disappointed had Rand voted against Kavanaugh.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 10-16-2018 at 04:00 PM.

  33. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Yeah, there is the false paradigm of emotions vs facts, which is very commonly used in certain circles (I think we know which ones). Ones which are very hysterical I may add.

    Hysterical nonsense.

    Strategical for what? If you care about liberty, you should be making your strategic plays so that you can advance liberty in crucial moments. This may be one of the most crucial moments in the decade and Rand sold out.
    I'm gonna assume this is a sock puppet.
    * Enforce Border Security Ė America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

    * No Amnesty - The Obama Administrationís endorsement of so-called ďComprehensive Immigration Reform,Ē granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

    * Abolish the Welfare State Ė Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you canít have open borders and a welfare state.

    * End Birthright Citizenship Ė As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, weíll never be able to control our immigration problem.




    Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

  34. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Strategical for what? If you care about liberty, you should be making your strategic plays so that you can advance liberty in crucial moments. This may be one of the most crucial moments in the decade and Rand sold out.
    His other options would have accomplished nothing and might have made things worse while endangering his ability to get cooperation from Trump and other Republicans.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 02:29 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 06:11 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 09:22 AM
  4. How do polls regain their credibility every 4 years?
    By bc2208 in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •