Thread: Deputy fired, arrested following FOX 5 I-Team Investigation

Deputy fired, arrested following FOX 5 I-Team Investigation

Deputy fired, arrested following FOX 5 I-Team Investigation

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/gbi-...ual-misconduct

Agents with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation arrested and charged a Monroe County Sheriff’s Deputy Thursday, days after a FOX 5 I-Team investigation revealed a secret recording of him trying to blackmail a suspect into having sex.

Agents charged Deputy Bill Miller with violation of oath of a public officer, which is a felony.

The arrest came after the Sheriff’s Office fired Miller following an internal investigation.

The probe started after the FOX 5 I-Team approached the department with their findings August 24.

FOX I-Team Reporter Randy Travis who broke the story about the investigation reports Miller still faces a federal investigation and the likely end of his law enforcement career.

The case stems from graphic comments secretly recorded on August 14th by Ashlie Roberts.

In July, Miller arrested the 34-year-old Union City woman for suspected drunk driving and possession of meth.

She made bond and a few weeks later and said she got a call from Miller to meet her in a parking lot late at night.

Roberts told internal affairs investigators the same story she told the FOX 5 I-Team: Miller put her in his personal Dodge Ram pickup, handed her a Coors Light, and drove them to a dirt trail off Freeman Road.

"I didn't think I had to record anything until I got to that dirt road," she explained. "After I turned on that dirt road, that's when I knew something was fishy."

Monroe County Interim Sheriff Al Shackelford placed Miller on paid administrative leave on August 24 and called in the GBI and FBI to investigate.

"We are shocked and disappointed," Sheriff Shackelford said at the time. "Law enforcement should be held to a higher standard."

Miller joined the department in April and he's been a Georgia law enforcement officer since 2014.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "We are shocked and disappointed," Sheriff Shackelford said at the time. "Law enforcement should be held to a higher standard."
    Stop. Sheriff, you're killing me.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

"Law enforcement should be held to a higher standard."

TRY TELLING THAT TO "LAW ENFORCEMENT"
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

No offense to the lady in the video but the cop looks good and you would think that he has a higher standard than straggly tooth meth addicts. I am disappointed on so many levels for this man.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    No offense to the lady in the video but the cop looks good and you would think that he has a higher standard than straggly tooth meth addicts. I am disappointed on so many levels for this man.
    yeah, he should have picked one that didn't have any teeth left.

FOX I-Team Reporter Randy Travis who broke the story about the investigation reports Miller still faces a federal investigation and the likely end of his law enforcement career.

Let's not get crazy here.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I dunno about that, no teeth could be a sign of the severity of the addiction. Regardless, why would anyone wanna mess with someone with a history of IV drug use without STD testing? That is just mental.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That might not be the worst thing ever, ya know..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.